Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Travel form looking great! Just aquatic form to go now ;-)

And that CM responding to the raiding thread - wow. Can anyone be that stupid? I thought they changed 10/25 man lockouts for precisely the same reason as for why people are unhappy with LFR; you have to raid multiple times to maximise your weekly gear allowance.

New form models and animations? Fine.

Green fire for Warlocks? Can't be done/too difficult.

Man...all 4 videos have gotten me SO pumped for MoP.

So let me get this right (rant inc) .. druids got new models and skins in Cataclysm, totally transforming how they look (for the better).. and now in MoP they get a new travel form, the stag. Fair enough. But then I look at my mage and I ask myself: when did my mage last get any changes like that? Answer? Burning Crusade. Five years ago. And believe me i'm not asking for much.. just a couple of other pet options would be nice rather than the same old water elemental that i've had since BC.

Don't get me wrong i'm not against druids getting some love, I just wish other classes received the same love too. Rather than druids getting love in two expansions in a row while other classes seem to get nothing. But I know I know.. the devs are too busy, if only they had the time to make some new models. Yadda yadda.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post

Druids had a placeholder cheetah for 7 years! So we've been waiting a lot longer.

Blizzard always said they would upgrade travel form if they ever got chance. If you don't like it well - mount me.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    So let me get this right (rant inc) .. druids got new models and skins in Cataclysm, totally transforming how they look (for the better).. and now in MoP they get a new travel form, the stag. Fair enough. But then I look at my mage and I ask myself: when did my mage last get any changes like that? Answer? Burning Crusade. Five years ago. And believe me i'm not asking for much.. just a couple of other pet options would be nice rather than the same old water elemental that i've had since BC.

Don't get me wrong i'm not against druids getting some love, I just wish other classes received the same love too. Rather than druids getting love in two expansions in a row while other classes seem to get nothing. But I know I know.. the devs are too busy, if only they had the time to make some new models. Yadda yadda.
    stop complaining ... you make your own food and drinks ... plus teleport to any capital ... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    LFR Feedback
    "I was forced to run it 12 times for my 4th set piece that never wanted to drop on 10 man Hagara. I hated every second of it."
    - Forced by who?

LOL. Epic response.

Well if he was in a top guild that needed his 4 piece then he was forced by his guild.

But it's blizzard who invented Loot Raider so they're particular to blame also.

Deleted
    Mixed feelings on those trailers, I'll be honest.

I remember the Death Knight reveal one from Wrath, which had Arthas doing the voiceover, that one was epic beyond belief. The Monk one was kinda just... Background music with assorted scenes of Monks using their abilities, which I guess is okay. It didn't really inspire me to play a Monk on any level, however.

The Scenarios Trailer was also a mixed bag for me. Some of them looked silly and not very engaging, while the latter ones looked really cool. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

The Zones Trailer was just gorgeous, even though I did cringe at the randomly thrown in "Player Farm" in the middle of it. Other than that, all the new zones are delicious eye-candy.

The Dungeons Trailer was also good for the most part. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of character model updates, take the new Scarlet dungeons fx. as far as I could tell, Whitemane looked exactly like she used to, even the textures were bad. I'll not dwell on it though, could be that they just haven't gotten around to updating her model. The only other thing that peeved me in that trailer, was that it seemed like a lot (More then usual with Blizzard Dungeons, I mean) of the boss models were recycled.

Mixed feelings, still tentative with MoP, but will probably end up buying it.

The Stag Form looks neat though, that much I will admit.

Warcraft changed too much...

Deleted
    while the LFR complaining is overly dramatic, I do find it a pity that Blizzard completely misses the core point: They are forcing raiders into LFR mode, where they absolutely don't want to be.
    Saying "nobody's forcing you, you don't need LFR gear to raid" is very narrow-minded. Ofcourse people will want the best possible gear when heading into a raid: If that means running LFR mode, we will do so.

"Why would you run LFR for loot if you don't like LFR?" Well, Blizzard: Let's return that with the question: "Why would anyone enjoy searching easter eggs for hours? Or lighting fires in every capital? Or fulfill pvp objectives as a non pvp player?"

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Man...all 4 videos have gotten me SO pumped for MoP.
    Unfortunately after playing the beta on my friends AP account what you saw in the vids is the best MoP has to offer, the trailors also give a false sense of challenge the game is bringing and unfortunately leveling and dungeons have never been easier, it really is all faceroll until you get to HM raids. They really are trying to attact a younger playerbase now.
    Last edited by ShadowCrafter; 2012-08-16 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Remember how they said they wanted to work on new character models? Guess that got shelved for Travel Form, this being the 3rd update since beta started I believe.
    No. They are in the process of making the new vanilla character models, nothing about the stag model changed the progress or rate of work being done on those models. The artists don't sit and work on one model at a time. There are a number of new models for the expansion and for future content, and it's all being worked on in a rotation and split up between senior and junior artists.

Stop acting like you're trying to manipulate your parents with this "But you promised" passive covert aggressive crap. Mean old Blizzard won't let you do anything.

Unfortunately after playing the beta on my friends AP account what you saw in the vids is the best MoP has to offer, the trailors also give a false sense of challenge the game is bringing and unfortunately leveling and dungeons have never been easier, it really is all faceroll until you get to HM raids. They really are trying to attact a younger playerbase now.
    I've been in the beta since Wave 1, and I totally disagree with you on every point, especially the raiding. Christ, even the Heroics are still a tad challenging. Stop exaggerating, please.

The "Younger playerbase" bullshit is so tiring that Im not going to even address it outside of: they're not. It's blatantly clear they're not, and the only people who keep saying so are those who are purposefully talking down the game because they dislike it.

I remember the Death Knight reveal one from Wrath, which had Arthas doing the voiceover, that one was epic beyond belief. The Monk one was kinda just... Background music with assorted scenes of Monks using their abilities, which I guess is okay. It didn't really inspire me to play a Monk on any level, however.
    You're confusing a gameplay trailer showing Monk abilities with the Wrath of the Lich King announcement video.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-16 at 07:48 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will there be a live stream of the cinematic? I don't see any mention of one.

Oh I see MMO plan to upload shortly after, I was just hoping perhaps via the blizz site or even the gamescon site would have it. Guess we just have to wait a teeny tiny bit longer
    Last edited by Eresin; 2012-08-16 at 07:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Well if he was in a top guild that needed his 4 piece then he was forced by his guild.

If you don't like being forced by your guild, find a different guild.

I see being a "hardcore player" as requiring a very "nut up or shut up" mentality. Either you're dedicated enough to put in the effort to push your character to be the best they can possibly be, or you aren't good enough.

Now, pushing your character used to involve things like grinding hours upon hours for materials to make resist gear, or repeating attunement quests ad nauseum, or relearning all your professions to boost your DPS by a few percentage points. And now it requires you to run LFR and face down RNG.

You aren't willing to do it? I guess you aren't a "hardcore raider."

Again, Nut up. Or shut up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post

As cruel as this might sound ( thought honestly not intended as such, just heavy with sarcasm ) to me all the hardcore raiders act like the monkey who get's its hand stuck in a jar of candy because it refuses to let go of its "prize". Just because something is THERE doesn't mean it is automatically required, and I know there will be an incoming wall of QQ that roughly translates to "YES IT DOES <Repetitive dribble here>" but to that I say; no it doesn't.

Did you need that kind of leg up in Wrath and/or Cata pre-LFR? Nope. You did Heroic Dungeon > Normal Raid > Heroic Raid, and now that a small step between was added there was instantly a cry of "OMG I HAVE TO DO THIS *Mouth foam*" which has become a normal response. You can indeed do the raids and remain competitive without using the "Evil LFR" system. In fact if I actually cared about the world first race, I would be more keen to respect the winner if they never stepped foot in the LFR than the one who did use it to win.

Though I suppose some degree of hand holding is needed with this system, maybe blizzard needs to add a debuff on the LFR so that anyone with X amount of gear from it cannot do normal/heroic raids for a set amount of time. That will let "Casuals" have their fun at their own pace and keep the whiners that apparently are being held at gun point from entering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Druids had a placeholder cheetah for 7 years! So we've been waiting a lot longer.

Blizzard always said they would upgrade travel form if they ever got chance. If you don't like it well - mount me.
    I guess all of the various upgrades to Druid forms over the years weren't enough to justify spending some time to add an optional color change to Warlock fire spells. Hopefully the addition of yet another brand new model for Druid forms will finally make the two classes even so they can maybe make our fire green!

Why haven't they made Travel Form go at mounted speed outside of combat yet

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post

I think you missed where they nearly rebuilt our class up from the ground for this expansion. I couldn't care less about green fire, but if some people are so butthurt about it, they should just add it already so people can shut up.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-16 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by link_991 View Post
    Why haven't they made Travel Form go at mounted speed outside of combat yet
    PvP. That's all...