Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best HORDE race for Monk?

Was going to go Orc / Troll / or Panda. What would have the most benefit for a WW monk?

Attack power is always nice when popped with other CD's, same with the troll racial.... But the pandas get the double food buff racial which sounds nice..but not sure if it out weighs the races look lol.

Orc female - beserk, expertise bonus to fists and axes, (with fist probably being best in slot) female dominating.

The most common food WW will be eating is
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/74643-sauteed-carrots
    the +275 or +300 food is tougher to make.

I'm not going to lie.
    If you liked the way pandarens looked and can either manage to make your own food or buy it from others, the +200-300 extra agility is nice
    Yet you sound like you don't want to be pandaren and be uber by eating stat food all the time.

Deleted
    Berserking from Trolls seems quite potent as well, the highest dps monk profile of simcraft currently uses a troll.

Don't forget that Undeads received a new "Vial of Shadows" racial as well (Touch of the Grave).
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-08-16 at 01:16 PM.

Dont get me wrong, pandas look cool. But they seem so "bouncy" lmao. I've never really like the big body races. I love Orc and Undead for the Horde..and only NE/Human for alliance.

But I'm glad you mentioned the fist/axe expertise..that is very nice to not have to reforge as much.

Regarding the troll racial, how exactly does is help a WW Monks dps? I watched a dps guide the other day and I believe I saw a proccing buff basically like Flurry on warriors, but it adds an extra attack (almost like a windfury proc??) ..so I figured trolls have to be badass for WW monk

Deleted
    It's the passive ability Tiger Strikes, and it's quite a big part of WW dps. One of the reasons why haste is a great stat for WWs.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-16 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijiri View Post
    Orc female - beserk, expertise bonus to fists and axes, (with fist probably being best in slot) female dominating.

The most common food WW will be eating is
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/74643-sauteed-carrots
    the +275 or +300 food is tougher to make.

I'm not going to lie.
    If you liked the way pandarens looked and can either manage to make your own food or buy it from others, the +200-300 extra agility is nice
    Yet you sound like you don't want to be pandaren and be uber by eating stat food all the time.
    One of the reasons I love Pandaren and their racials is that the ones that give the most benefit to you are passives, which means they're not only active all the time, you don't have to worry about them, which is awesome. Out of the choices for races, I enjoy bonuses that I don't have to worry about in combat, since they're a given 100% of the time. Less buttons to push means less to worry about, which means you are able to focus on the buttons you already have.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    One of the reasons I love Pandaren and their racials is that the ones that give the most benefit to you are passives, which means they're not only active all the time, you don't have to worry about them, which is awesome. Out of the choices for races, I enjoy bonuses that I don't have to worry about in combat, since they're a given 100% of the time. Less buttons to push means less to worry about, which means you are able to focus on the buttons you already have.
    I agree and like that alot too, plus the food bonus is great on top of being passive. I'm still unsure if I want to go Panda or not. The females have great animations, but I really wanted a male monk and the male Pandas just look too rotund, the way their gut sloshes around is kinda offputting. Maybe with the right transmog they could look better... The monk from the cinematic doesn't look nearly as portly as the one in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffon23 View Post
    I agree and like that alot too, plus the food bonus is great on top of being passive. I'm still unsure if I want to go Panda or not. The females have great animations, but I really wanted a male monk and the male Pandas just look too rotund, the way their gut sloshes around is kinda offputting. Maybe with the right transmog they could look better... The monk from the cinematic doesn't look nearly as portly as the one in game.
    Yeah the males were a bit too hefty for me, which is why I'm rolling female. Same pandaren awesomeness, more reasonable frame.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will be rolling a male panda just cause of the dance ... and the males are I think secretly built on the kung-fu panda model which was designed to be sloshy
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

I'll be going tauren. There all for personal reasons though. No pve stat benifit

Faster herbing(im goin herb/alch).

Warstomp is sexy, esspeccialy if you're takeing deadly reach.

They look the best (imo) in leather gear. Trolls look decent but the way they pose when they channel mistweaves main heal is a deal breaker for me.

If all you're worried about if pve dps then troll 100%. Berzerking is mathmaticaly the highest dps increase on beta asof now.

isnt a wellfed panda oodles better then anything else 300agi is massive compared to any of the other racials, unless i am missing somthing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    isnt a wellfed panda oodles better then anything else 300agi is massive compared to any of the other racials, unless i am missing somthing
    Secondary stats are worth quite a bit more than now from what I've heard so exp, hit, haste etc requiring more per %. Horde having the more favourable pve racials is still a given though out of non pandas. Even undead looks quite good now depending if the racial scales with damage which it should for future proofing.
    Last edited by Ujio; 2012-08-18 at 12:22 AM.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Secondary stats are worth quite a bit more than now from what I've heard so exp, hit, haste etc requiring more per %. Horde having the more favourable pve racials is still a given though out of non pandas. Even undead looks quite good now depending if the racial scales with damage which it should for future proofing.
    Secondary stats are worth more when it comes to gemming if i'm not mistaken. They doubled the amount of secondary stats you get from gems :3

So troll is showing the best? Are orcs far off. Not sure if I can manage a troll/panda Monk.. let alone undead. They took far too long to make undead a good PVE racial race, seeing as I usually always go undead when I dont care about the racials.

Probably not going to care a make it orc

Bump..has anyone seen what race is best for monk based on racial talent?

Deleted
    troll > pandaren > orc/undead > draenei > dwarf/human/gnome(if they can use their expertise racial) > nelf/tauren

assuming that touch of the grave does around 1k dps
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-21 at 12:10 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orc or Troll would be best as Horde.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The pandaren racial seems quite useless for pvp. I mean i wont be eating stuff in a battleground after i die everytime.
    For pve its great... But if you want to pvp you better roll orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    The pandaren racial seems quite useless for pvp. I mean i wont be eating stuff in a battleground after i die everytime.
    For pve its great... But if you want to pvp you better roll orc.
    Forgot about their CC racial, huh?