Thread: Yorick Pwns

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Yorick Pwns

I have 347 wins, and don't know how many total played but I've been playing for about a year and a half, and just last week I purchased Yorick. I've been going flat AD quints and reds, full offense with 9 defense, and i get the 7 mana regen trinket as first item, then get the blue cup thing (increases mana regen by each 1% you are missing). I max E first while alternating W and Q.

I have yet to play a game where I have had a really hard time laning or controlling the lane rather, the ranged harassment plus life steal is just so imba, add that an AOE slow, heavy hitting close up nuke, and pets for passive damage and he is my new favorite champion. Dunno why I haven't seen him played more but damn he's fun. Even if you do die in a big team fight, your aoe spell and pets will usually grab you a few extra assists which is always a plus.

Right after berserkers greaves (which are after the mana cup thing with resistance on it) I start working on trinity force, with the slow hammer/mace weapon first (it's late and I can't think of any of these dang names). After I have trinity force, I'll buy a dorans blade just to give me a bit extra life and damage while I farm infinity edge. After edge I get warmogs armor for the crazy life, and finish it off with a bloodthirster.

One thing I noticed is his base movement speed seems to be faster than most champions, coupled with the speed increase from Q and the enemy speed debuff from W. I have consecutively played him top lane and I'll usually end a game with 200-300 cs depending on game length. Overall a very powerful champion and I'd recommend checking him out if you want to switch up your normal characters!

Deleted
    I find his laning phase extremely boring, but it is safe.

I generally went for manamune/spirit visage/trinity. I find chalice, now that you can upgrade it, more of an AP caster item. Beserkers aren't worth it, you aren't an auto attacker, you damage with spells/sheen. IE/BT seem extremely wasted potential as I said, you aren't an AD carry. If you get Yorick, I'd suggest going partially damage (Manamune + Trinity), but otherwise going for tank. Spirit visage works really well with your E, and warmogs can always work, as can Randuins or other items.

You aren't a damage carry, you can dive, kite, chase and put out some decent damage, but your main utility comes from being able to have a ghost of your ad carry doing massive damage, or just having someone who gets nuked up again and another life to go balls-in.

Deleted
    I find both yorick and teemo the most disgusting champs in game. They all are about completely denying your opponent cs/exp and once they managed to get a kill or get ahead in levels you can't even farm under your turret (nature of toplane i guess). I've seen yoricks fed so hard they 2shotted me as ad carry (450 ad on yorick zzz).

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrisen View Post
    I find both yorick and teemo the most disgusting champs in game. They all are about completely denying your opponent cs/exp and once they managed to get a kill or get ahead in levels you can't even farm under your turret (nature of toplane i guess). I've seen yoricks fed so hard they 2shotted me as ad carry (450 ad on yorick zzz).
    I never like being on the receiving end of being zoned so far you can't creep farm any more, but you have to admit it is one of the best ways to win your lane and shut down one of the enemies champions
    RETH

Yorick should be built tank, pure and simple. Merc treads / Tear into Manamune / FH / Randuins / etc etc.

He is a great laner, good at shutting down top, almost uncounterable. That being said if your AD carry sucks late game, Yorick is almost of no use in a team fight, he's just a warm body with an ult on a useless carry. <3 Yorick regardless..

Teemo on the other hand... I have never been pushed around by one in my life... are you sure we are talking about the same champion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Teemo is situational, but shuts down a few top laners hard. Tryndamere or Nasus suffer horrendously against Teemo, for example.

He's one of the best top laners evar, come on, what'd you expect
    Yes, he's quite strong and the ulti... is brilliant if used right.

Also building tankier is the way to go, as mentioned above.
    Last edited by StNimrod; 2012-08-16 at 02:25 PM.

I remember going up against a Yorick as Cho'gath and he wasn't easy. Had to sit by my tower most of the times to get rid of the pets he keeps popping out. Pretty much my turret is my best friend when it came to killing him. However, the one I had keep over pushing and played a lot of unsafe moves. God knows what kind of pro Yorick would be. Which help me won top eventually. It's not fun getting outzoned by this champion, but playing carefully and counter-poking him at the right moments will turn it about.
    Last edited by Renwin; 2012-08-16 at 04:02 PM.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renwin View Post
    I remember going up against a Yorick as Cho'gath and he wasn't easy. Had to sit by my tower most of the times to get rid of the pets he keeps popping out. Pretty much my turret is my best friend when it came to killing him. However, the one I had keep over pushing and played a lot of unsafe moves. God knows what kind of pro Yorick would be. Which help me won top eventually. It's not fun getting outzoned by this champion, but playing carefully and counter-poking him at the right moments will turn it about.
    Cho'gath counters Yorick.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as much as people would hope. Think your best chance is pretty much grabbing Udyr. Or possibly Mordekaiser.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-08-16 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to consider trying him out, Never been punished by him.. But eh I'm kinda looking for a new champ to test
    Teemo gets bullied hard by Xin and Diana

Deleted
    I. FUCKING. HATE.

YORICK

JAW8DWA8DWADW8A9UDAWUD8AW :@

Worst design ever (Even beats Darius). Spam pets, enjoy free lifesteal, zone dat enemy champ out with no effort.

I don't usually play top lane since I despise it, but damn. If there's one champion in LoL that I hate, it's Yorick :@

With that out of my system, good for you that you found a champion you like :-D

Haven't had much of a problem against Yorick. Made much easier with the latest sustain nerf. Might be me facing only bad Yoricks or recieving enough jungle assistance early on though.

Sure he's annoying when you let him bully you around but usually it's possible to make the lane a boring farm lane which isn't too bad. Even against him it's possible to snowball the lane with an early gank (top snowballs so annoyingly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick a balls deep champion and fuck him over hard early. Once he gets that Tear good luck getting past the ghouls without a jungler.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Cho'gath counters Yorick.
    nobody 'counters' Yorick. The best you can do is survive.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Riven can win against him if she snowballs on early. The game in Riven vs Yorick lanes is decided in the first 6 levels of the game.

Any champion with innate sustain can do well against Yorick because you can outfarm him and win teamfights. That's why Trundle and Cho'Gath are counters. Vladimir and Kennen too, to an extent. Just don't stand there getting harassed and not harassing back.

But yes, he is the safest top laner, no question. the truth about his "difficulty" is that no one stops to think how to counter him. Same with most champions people consider OP.

Deleted
    Yorick is a very good top and in most cases the one that carries the team, ive rarely seen a yorick that has been denied so much CS that he cant do anything.

As for a yorick build, Rush merc treads/manamune then get yourself an IE/frozen heart and you will not be stopped.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Riven can win against him if she snowballs on early. The game in Riven vs Yorick lanes is decided in the first 6 levels of the game.

Any champion with innate sustain can do well against Yorick because you can outfarm him and win teamfights. That's why Trundle and Cho'Gath are counters. Vladimir and Kennen too, to an extent. Just don't stand there getting harassed and not harassing back.

But yes, he is the safest top laner, no question. the truth about his "difficulty" is that no one stops to think how to counter him. Same with most champions people consider OP.
    Kennen doesn't do enough damage until he gets a couple items to even trade with Yorick. And even then, if the Yorick doesn't want to fight he doesn't really have to, harass with ghosts if you need cs and he cant really stop you. Yorick is by far the most annoying person to fight in lane in the game to me. Especially since I don't own either champion who can beat him. Just so annoying that he can sit there and harass you endlessly when he gets Tear and never seems to have to back. He's a really good pick even if all you want to do is shut down the enemy laner. Anyone without sustain can just get zoned to shit.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-08-17 at 06:56 AM.

Yorick puts E on your top laner. Your top laner goes into a brush. Yorick Ws the brush. You gank Yorick, he dies.

He can't fight back in ganks, because he needs an early tear, before he can afford a real damage item. Camp his lane for the first 10 minutes and he is useless in teamfights outside of his ult.

If you don't get a lot of ganks, you need to either sustain more than he damages you (Cho'Gath, Udyr, Trundle, Nasus - not sure about the last two though) or simply refuse to lane against him. Dyrus plays a lot of Singed and what he did vs Yorick was to simply push the shit out of the lane and get his farm through counter-jungling and ganking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    nobody 'counters' Yorick. The best you can do is survive.
    Nasus counters yorick extra hard