Looking for something fresh and well-organised? /READ

Hello everyone!

This is going to be a hell of a long text, so if you are bored of reading all the thing, check tl;dr at the bottom, thanks.

I'd like to start off this thread by introducing myself as a person and a player; My name is Vasilis. I am 18 years old from Greece and I loooove turtles! No, seriously, I love them. Anyway, I currently am studying in colege, playing soccer as a hobby and hanging out with friends when not playing wow. Previously to wow, I've been playing Diablo, Dota, CS and minecraft! I've been playing wow since 2008, and raided since the beginning of my wow career as a hunter. Been leading in most of the guilds I got in, for almost 2 years - either as an officer, GM or raid leader. Moreover, I have been a raider of a few world top 200 guilds as well. Since my last decent guild disbanded, I've been searching for a shot to something new, fresh, and well-organised, but unfortunately nothing has come up for a long time now. Therefore, I decided to take it from there myself, and build something that is planned to be long-term, should enough interest arise. Here comes the need of you, the reader, to respond, and show your interest, should there be any!

So, with MoP just ahead of us, I believe it's the best time to begin a fresh project - as there are plenty of people still searching for a home for future raiding in MoP. I am planning this guild to be a purely raiding one, with a hardcore mentality. Basically, what that says is, our focus will be in raiding, making the best out of our time inside raids. Hardcore mentality in my eyes doesn't mean how much time you SPEND, but how you USE that time. With that being said, our schedule will never exceed the regular 5days/week. Although, my aims are still high, and I do believe that with the right people and the right timing, great things can happen. So, should everything go well, in MoP we might be able to give a strong fight with some high-end guilds out there.

Some more details: Firstly, about the realm. I am thinking that the best would be to have a normal-populated server like Tarren mill-EU or a similar one, to ease the recruiting part but still not have any lag in-put or disturbing que lines and whatsoever. Secondly, I'd like to talk a bit about what I would expect from someone that would like to join the core of this fresh project. The perfect candidate should be over 17-years old, with at least SOME past high-end heroic raiding experience. Moreover, he/she should have his character sorted, meaning that gems/enchants/spec/reforges and all that basic stuff should be in place. Finally, a decent personality is a vital part and WILL be considered equally. (Add to this that WoL parses to prove the person's skills are mandatory to be shown, even from a random PuG or LFR). Thirdly, I will answer a question many of you may have; is this going to be a 10man or a 25man guild? Well, I do have experience in both the modes as a leader, and I am quite sure that a 25man from the scratch wouldn't work so well... so I would rather go with the 10man version as a start, till the guild "builds a name" at least. Should you have any feedback for that, please feel free to post below this thread, as well as for any other concern you may have about these sayings above!

You may have figured out yourself already, but I can't stress it enough, that even though this will be a fresh project, random people with no experience etc will NOT be taken into consideration. This is something serious and a lot of effort will be put from me to work well. Moreover, if you are a guild jumper or you are planning on quitting next month, or you can't afford/don't want to transfer your char, you are NOT welcome.

Now, I am sure most of you aren't really convinced by the sayings/promises above, as there are plenty of people calling out how "awesome" and "wonderful" their guild may become, but at the end it falls apart before it even is created. So, let me explain myself some more. This project will be held under the following steps: Firstly, I want to see how much interest do people have about this. Secondly, if enough interest appears by the crowd, we will proceed into some discussions via ventrilo/skype about the server/faction and whatsoever. Thirdly, we will start off the guild with the first people interested! So, you are safe to show your interest without having any commitment (Won't have to pay for transfers/faction changes till last step). As said above, this is a long-term based project and it will take some time. Those that are in hurry may not reply.

To end this, as I haven't yet talked about this, I am planning in building a strong social side for this guild as well, so shall you want to join this thing as a social/casual member or purely pvp-er, you are free to do so! We will be open to delicate people even if they do not want to participate into the raiding part.

So, are you interested and want to show that?! Just reply below with any kind of feedback, it will help a lot. Are you someone that would like to participate into this and be one of the starting members of something fresh with potential? Feel free to send a mail here: Theodosispao at yahoo.gr with your application. All applications must include the following:

- Armory link of the character applying with.
    - Some personal info. (First name, age, occupation etc).
    - Past raiding experience and guilds you've been in.
    - Some theorycraft about your class - gem/enchant/spec choices and stat priority.
    - Screenshot of your raiding UI while in combat.
    - WoL parses or any other kind. (As stated above it's mandatory, even if it's from a LFR).
    - Any other info you may want to include - The more the better!

The application process is an important factor, it's the first impression I will have from you, so make it a nice one! The more detailed it is, the better.

If you have any questions about this or if I didn't cover any part, please feel free to either post below or send me a mail - at the one provided above of course.

TL;DR:

- A fresh, well organised raiding guild with a hardcore mentality. Time spend into raiding will be valued highly. It will be a 10man guild at the start till a good name is built. We will be raiding 5days/week. This project will be held in 3 steps, check above for details about that! Contact details above as well.

Thanks a lot for reading and I will be waiting for your responses!
    Last edited by Mpratsaras; 2012-08-17 at 04:44 AM.

Shameless bump

Step 1 is now under way, let's see how's people's interest about this! Remember that you can contact me through my e-mail (Theodosis at yahoo.gr) with any question you may have.

Best regards.
    Last edited by Mpratsaras; 2012-08-16 at 03:16 PM.

Hasn't been mentioned above, but people with plans of re-rolling in MoP are more than welcome - under some conditions. You must have some previous raiding experience on the class you are planning to re-roll at, and if it's a monk, then Beta experience is a must. So, should you meet the above criteria, it's totally fine for you to re-roll in MoP.
    Last edited by Mpratsaras; 2012-08-16 at 09:04 PM.

Are you looking for a guild with hardcore mentality and high potential? Look no further, this might be just the right thing for you! So just drop a comment over here or send a mail directly to me and we could have a chat.

Just wanted to mention that there is also an officer spot open at the moment. So, if you are experienced in leading, and have strong feats raiding-wise, you could also apply for an officer's position. Should you have what it takes, you might be the one to fill that spot!
    Last edited by Mpratsaras; 2012-08-17 at 05:48 AM.

Deleted
    Thumbs up for this post, a nice read. GL with your search and in MoP, shall you continue with the project!
    Last edited by mmocce2675fffe; 2012-08-17 at 08:55 PM.

Some people have already showed their interest, keep it up! Remember, if you have ANY questions regarding the project or you want to participate, send a mail here: Theodosispao at yahoo.gr Thanks!
    Last edited by Mpratsaras; 2012-08-17 at 11:39 PM.