Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like how the Human gave the Orc his other stick. It felt like he was saying, "It's dangerous to go alone, take this."

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

ha ha - Cinematic makes it look like Panda's will be massively overpower. reminded me of DK's at the start of Wrath.

And yes I know it's a cinematic and not actual game play. just made me chuckle a little....

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Best cinematic since TBC.

Cata and Wrath were awful, this one made up for BOTH of them.
    Wrath cinematic was awful in what bizarre twisted world?

It was like watching Kung-fu panda with better CG. It was very light-hearted, I was not expecting that. I liked the big bad Illidan and Lich King intros. This one is taking its time to sink in. I suppose we can have a fun expansion, even if it's silly. The world doesn't always have to be on the brink of destruction

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    (and there is a gnome on the left warship--look at the little window)
    No there isn't. I checked.

Over and over and over again. I ain't not no see any gnome!
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Amazing graphics, pretty fucking stupid little story though...I give it a C-. And it sure doesn't do anything to dissuade the kungfu panda stereotype...
    Last edited by iceberg265; 2012-08-16 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    If i had this game pre-ordered, I would've cancelled it. That trailer was absolute shit, I want my 4 minutes back.
    GTFO this website then, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Edit: Also, pandas team up with either hode or alliance, but they fight to protect their homeland? this cinematic should have been for a 3rd faction tbh.
    I think that's the point of the whole question 'what do we fight for,' isn't it? Pandaran of any class start out factionless, but then the player makes a choice to go to the Horde or Alliance, choosing what to fight for.

As for making Horde/Alliance look incompetent... it's Chen Stormstout versus two exhausted, shipwrecked warriors with makeshift weapons. I'd hope he would hand them their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    That was quite bad imo :/

If I didnt know any better, I would think it was a signal of how the pandas teach the horde and alliance to live in peace and harmony, and what's with the teaming up all of a sudden.

All it did, was make me wish they had added naval battles.

It should have been alot more serious, and not make horde/alliance look like incompetent fools, who'll get run over by pandas.

Oops, sorry, I guess Blizz forgot that Warcraft needs to be a 'no-fun allowed, moar grim-dark badguys who puke lava pls'. God forbid they have a cinematic with a twinge of trademark Blizz humor. AND OH.. OH CHEES. PANDAS TEACHING HORDE AND ALLIANCE TO LIVE IN PEACE AND HARMONY?

OH WAIT YOU MEAN LIKE IN THE JADE FOREST STARTING QUESTS?
    I swea'h ta' ga'h. Just because they teamed up JUST to fight the pandaren doesn't mean they're going to be buddy-buddy for the rest of the expansion. It's like the WC3 Trailer thing that someone linked in this thread. The pandas wouldn't 'run them over' either, they're just teaching them to not be fuckin' stupid, because the Sha love fuckin' stupid, and get all riled up around it.

Also, spoiler alert: The Alliance and Horde make themselves look like incompetent fools 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    No there isn't. I checked.

Over and over and over again. I ain't not no see any gnome!
    I can't find it either! I think we've been tricked.

I personally loved the cinematic! Well done.

i saw it life :3

Deleted
    awesome! love it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    First time I've ever gotten chills watching a WoW Cinematic. Good chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    A brilliant cinematic, but I'm strugling to see why a human and an orc suddenly work togeather when they should be at the hight of tensions after Theramore. But still, it looks fantastic
    The Pandaren that join the Alliance and Horde are not the Pandaren natives we see. They were ones who left the island to explore the world and eventually join sides with us.

Also, the point of the video was exactly what Chen was stating. "Find something worth fighting for." The human and orc could not beat a single Pandaren Monk when fighting with blind rage like they were. Meanwhile, Chen, protecting his home, subdued them both with ease. It's a lesson to the Alliance and the Horde that they'll be stronger when they finally put aside their differences and find a real reason to fight; protecting their loved ones and world. The entire expansion is supposed to be teaching the Alliance and Horde that lesson before the Legion returns.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2012-08-16 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    A brilliant cinematic, but I'm strugling to see why a human and an orc suddenly work togeather when they should be at the hight of tensions after Theramore. But still, it looks fantastic
    It's a lot of things. Habit, familiarity, etc.

While tension is high between the two sides, the fact remains that when a new threat appeared, both sides in some form worked together to stop it so they could properly get back to bashing eachother. The human and orc saw a "new threat" suddenly come between their own battle, and the instinct is to work together to subdue the new threat before going back to killing eachother.

Whoever think this trailer was bad, they should re-examine their definition of awesome.

Deleted
    I think it started out really great with human vs orc. But why would the human hand the orc his weapon, if the orc was, as orcs used to be in WC3 and WC2 the orc would've killed the human and tried to solo the panda. I have to admit it was fun, but just not appropriate in this setting.

so much better than the cata trailer! loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The Pandaren that join the Alliance and Horde are not the Pandaren natives we see. They were ones who left the island to explore the world and eventually join sides with us.

Also, the point of the video was exactly what Chen was stating. "Find something worth fighting for." The human and orc could not beat a single Pandaren Monk when fighting with blind rage like they were. Meanwhile, Chen, protecting his home, subdued them both with ease. It's a lesson to the Alliance and the Horde that they'll be stronger when they finally put aside their differences and find a real reason to fight; protecting their loved ones and world. The entire expansion is supposed to be teaching the Alliance and Horde that lesson before the Legion returns.
    It's a lot of things. Habit, familiarity, etc.

While tension is high between the two sides, the fact remains that when a new threat appeared, both sides in some form worked together to stop it so they could properly get back to bashing eachother. The human and orc saw a "new threat" suddenly come between their own battle, and the instinct is to work together to subdue the new threat before going back to killing eachother.
    I feel like these need to be bolded and plastered since people can't seem to get this from the cinematic itsself.