Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Yes, because what he meant when he said adventure, humor, and conflict is he meant King Varian having a farting contest with Garrosh.

WarCraft can be serious and lighthearted, you don't have to monopolize one over the other. Even the WarCraft Novalizations (you did mention reading a book) have a lot of lighthearted parts to them.
    And clearly the balance is being tipped to lighthearted with MoP. So are you going to be unfair and say that that's alright, when you just said it needs a balance?
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-16 at 10:22 PM.

Showed the trickster part of the Pandaren. Sure they are a serious people waged by balance and reason, but we have to admit, they are kinda silly in their ways. :3
    Amazing, even though quite different. As people said earlier, less menacing. Still shows that this expansion will be very different in comparison to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Your life must be miserable. I bet you wake up and shovel sugar into your mouth, then run around until you slam your head off a wall because you weren't looking forward. Try some story for once, read a book. Life isn't all farting and burping, mate.
    The only one with a miserable life here is you, you get upset because someone else finds the game fun? Sorry that you don't have fun anymore, and also wow has a pretty good story line. For all you no the person you attacked personally for stating his opinion does read books but enjoys lighthearted fun to. Maybe you should stop being ignorant about how others view things and that fun is subjective from person to person.

And clearly the balance is being tipped to lighthearted with MoP. So are you going to be unfair and say that that's alright, when you just said it needs a balance?
    You obviously have not played the beta if you believe it's being tipped more to the lighthearted side over the more serious side.

Compared to "Doom, Gloom, and Destruction!" of Cataclysm? Yes, it's a lot more lighthearted. That only means we are actually balancing out again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your life must be miserable. I bet you wake up and shovel sugar into your mouth, then run around until you slam your head off a wall because you weren't looking forward. Try some story for once, read a book. Life isn't all farting and burping, mate.
    Says the guy that was Mad about a video.

I may be in love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    You obviously have not played the beta if you believe it's being tipped more to the lighthearted side over the more serious side.

Compared to "Doom, Gloom, and Destruction!" of Cataclysm? Yes, it's a lot more lighthearted. That only means we are actually balancing out again.
    Yes, you're right. I couldn't bring myself to play the beta after hearing that there was a boss with a drunk mechanic and monkeys with bandanas on. If you can point out to me one thing, expect the Sha, that is serious...

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Says the guy that was Mad about a video.
    No. The video was the straw that broke the camels back.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-16 at 10:33 PM.

And here I thought blizzard couldnt make bad cinematics.. Guess I was wrong.

I didnt like the cinematic at all, bit too soft for me..i prefer the more evil/some bad shits gonna start kinda thing rather than a 'hey boys stop fighting and come check out temples and bruce lee shit while i crack out the wok' kinda thing.
    ..ahh well the kids are gonna love it i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL, is this a joke?

15+ Year Old Account
    Have...have you seen Gnomes? Have you never done Un'goro Crater? What about Mulgore, Tanaris, or Dun Morogh? When you answer that, I ask you have you ever done Dread Wastes, Townlong Steppes, or Kun-Lai Summit? Nothing is being tipped anywhere in MoP except into the direction of a better game.
    BfA Beta Time

Yes, you're right. I couldn't bring myself to play the beta after hearing that there was a boss with a drunk mechanic and monkeys with bandanas on. If you can point out to me one thing, expect the Sha, that is serious...

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 11:32 PM ----------

No. The video was the straw that broke the camels back.
    Sorry guys, we're gonna have to cancel anything fun for this guy.
    I guess more grimdark is what people want, but don't worry, we'll see a thread about lighthearted Vanilla/BC days in a bout a week.

*sweeps floor*
    No fun allowed, I forgot.
    I like to point out how gray the cinematic started out in the beginning, you know what else drains color and makes everything look gray? Sha. They were probably starting to come out of the ground, explaining why the areas around the human/Orc were so gray, but when the Pandaren came about things started to lighten up.

Oh whoops, sorry, that's probably too much fun for you.
    We'll just go back to our 'miserable' boring lives, and shovel spoonfulls of sugar into our mouths, or any other witty insults you can come up with, along with flawed views of how you say things, just so you can talk about how much you hate the video.
    BIG CHUNKUS

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just saddened by this cinematic. Earlier I was very much in anger, but I've calmed down now to realise my main feeling on what is wrong with this video. The MoP cinematic doesn't even feel like WoW. I feel like I'm watching a cinematic for Tf2. The animation, the exaggerated design on both the orc and the human. All of the things in WoW's lore feels like it couldn't even exist in the MoP cinematic universe. All of your opinions aside: Think of the Draenei or the Blood elf from the TBC cinematic and compare it with the Orc or the human from the MoP cinematic. It's not the same world. All of the other reasons aside, that is my biggest gripe and it saddens me to no end. It's almost as if Blizzard are making fun of themselves with this.
    Yep you were pretty mad , which is sad. Im kinda done talking to someone like you. Good day.

Blizz did a good job with this 1. I only love the wrath 1 more.
    And for the people hating on it cause it has pandas and connect it to kungfu panda stop doing that. Even if it was a kungfu panda trailer u can't put a stamp on it that's for childs. I know more people ranging from the age 20 to 80 that also enjoy movies like kungfu panda. There are a probably a few reasons people hate pandas: they're 12 and try 2 act like an adult but instead act more like a 5 year old that doesn't want to eat his vegetables, they're grumpy people with no sense of humor, their dates never called them back after watching kungfu panda and ofcourse people trying to act cool but actually are totaly not.

Yes, you're right. I couldn't bring myself to play the beta after hearing that there was a boss with a drunk mechanic and monkeys with bandanas on. If you can point out to me one thing, expect the Sha, that is serious...[COLOR="red"].
    A boss with drunk mechanics? Oh yes we have never seen anything like that before...

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=23872/coren-direbrew

And monkeys that wear bandanas is somehow more childish then rats that wear candles?

As for pointing out what is serious, I could write a whole page on this, but I will just mention a few. We got the Night Elves who are looking for the waters of life, one of which involves a father that kills himself to bring back his dead daughter. We have a mother that dies in childbirth. We have flashbacks of the Mogu and how they subjugated the other races, including the last Emperor of the Mogu standing around piles of Pandaren corpses. We have kidnapped children, we have sacked cities, do I really need to go on? This is not even talking about the stuff we pull during the faction battle quests, and it's only going to get worst in 5.1

However, I know you will ignore this, you want to be a bitter wreck, so I might as well just let you wallow in your own misery.

Deleted
    i liked it. Shows what pandaren are all about. Nothing wrong with some humor in it either.

I thought it was quite good. I didn't like how the human looked as if he had no teeth by the way he was keeping his mouth though

couldn't help laughing when the panda come out and handed them their asses, pretty good cinematic, looking forward to mop

i like it but it just fills off imo.

why do you have a monk using a staff like that in the cg, if there not going to use it like that in game. just fill's like there is a disconnect from the CG to what will be in the game. it was cool but you can just have the monk doing hand to hand vs them, then it would have a better fill to it but im being nit-picky.

Deleted
    Love it! Awesome, and i cant wait!