Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    I bet you're great fun at parties.

Spoiler alert: LUL KUNG FU PANDA NERRHURHURRR =/= Valid/sound reasons.
    Also, Kung Fu Panda is Dreamworks. Not disney. At least get your trolling material right.
    Also, deal with the fact that people are sick of you lawn-shitters that do nothing but want a Grim-dark game. Blizzard has humor, lots of it actually, and just because we don't have fuckin' elves getting impaled on spikes and.. pterodactyls flyin' everywhere.. shittin' spike bombs and.. and ants.. ANTS EVERYWHERE..

Anyways, if you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't shit on everyone else when we ALSO have sound opinions (IE: not NUERRHRHRHH PANDALAND) as to why we like it, and that it isn't 'kiddy'.
    I never mentioned Kung-Fu Panda, I can't care less about. I are referring much more in general to a way of writing the screenplay, designing the scenes, writing the script for kids.

Anyway, I provided arguments and you just insulted me. I wonder who is the troll here. Anyway, I get it, I am saying something you don't want to hear, so you just insult the person who is saying it. Good luck for your future, because you'll find plenty of people who say things you don't like to hear, and you won't always be in the position of insulting them without arguments as you are doing here.

In any case, if this is the kind of reply of the supporters of this stuff, I am more than happy. Go on, you are just proving me more and more right. Bye bye.

I can't help but think that years turned the wow community to shit.

It's just so ridiculous to read some of the coments in here, seriously...

@Merp, has WoW really ever been done in a gritty tone though? In my opinion, no. I keep failing to see what is more childish about this than other expansions. And all I come down to, is that people must somehow feel pandamen are more childish than cowmen, birdmen, or any of the others.

That said anyone is free to like or dislike the cinematic, the above is more regarding the expansion as a whole. It just feels like people are dead set to 'prove' that it is more childish than the rest of wow might be (if you use that term.)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I don't understand is why the monk got into the fight in the first place. Doesn't seem like any kind of mentality would make someone do that. Wouldn't he just sit back and watch the fight? Why was he like "Oh! New races I've never seen before, better get into a fight with them!"?

Example:
    I fucking hate olives because they taste disgusting.
    Does that mean olives are bad? No. I just don't like them.
    But I don't run around going NO
    NO
    OLIVES ARE BAD
    YOU SPIT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW THEY'RE DISGUSTING FRUITS OF SATAN.
    More upvotes for you, sir/madame!
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    . But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.
    Want some cheese with that whine?

I've played WoW since day one (technically longer if you count beta) and I freaking loved the cinematic, and I loved just about everything I saw in beta. So chances are, I've played longer than a great many of the people whining about it.

It must be a sad existence, being unable to enjoy anything that doesn't erupt in blood or guts or have machine guns in it. Everything doesn't have to be The Dark Knight levels of grim to be fun, or to be awesome. Ever heard of Super Mario Galaxy/SMG2? Those games have an exponentially more 'childish' aesthetic than ANYTHING in that trailer and yet... millions upon millions of people bought and loved both. I know grown men - men with MMA-levels of training in things like Krav Maga or Tae quan do - who were brought to tears by Toy Story 3.

Also there is the built-in stupidity of saying how HARDCORE AND DARK WoW was back in vanilla, when it had WALKING COWS and GNOMES and JAMAICAN TROLLS. Yeah! Fu** you, pandas - GNOMES AND BIPEDAL COWS R SO MUCH LESS CHILDISH. Seriously? Is it even possible to be that stupid?

There was nothing comedic about that fight until the Pandaren showed up, and even then it was to serve the point that the human and orc were outclassed. If you and another guy are fighting, and someone jumps in that just hands both of you your asses, of COURSE you're going to try and gang up on him. Any other response is idiotic.

I still dont understand why it had a pandarian beating up/trying to stop the fight. It was great until that point.

Whats the message, that we will be fighting pandarian? Sorry pandas, you joined the alliance/horde, and you fight for them. On your own land.

This expansion was about total war horde v alliance, and that war crashing over the pandarian continent, and the first half of this showed that well, the second half? It was entirely counter to what this expansion is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or I guess he just wanted to bring them peace and stop them from fighting each other sooo....where does the whole horde vs alliance in this exp come from. That was just...weird. Still, loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    The only thing I don't understand is why the monk got into the fight in the first place. Doesn't seem like any kind of mentality would make someone do that. Wouldn't he just sit back and watch the fight? Why was he like "Oh! New races I've never seen before, better get into a fight with them!"?
    I addressed this a few pages back, see that post (Page 43) for more understanding.
    Last edited by Vallius; 2012-08-16 at 05:49 PM.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they brought violence to the monk's home, duh. :P

Their ships were going ballistic on each other all night, and the survivors ended up breaking things which were probably sacred while engaged in full-on 'to the death' combat. That's a good couple of reasons to step in, IMO.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2012-08-16 at 05:49 PM.

I never mentioned Kung-Fu Panda, I can't care less about. I are referring much more in general to a way of writing the screenplay, designing the scenes, writing the script for kids.

Anyway, I provided arguments and you just insulted me. I wonder who is the troll here. Anyway, I get it, I am saying something you don't want to hear, so you just insult the person who is saying it. Good luck for your future, because you'll find plenty of people who say things you don't like to hear, and you won't always be in the position of insulting them without arguments as you are doing here.

In any case, if this is the kind of reply of the supporters of this stuff, I am more than happy. Go on, you are just proving me more and more right. Bye bye.

Uh-oh, I should've turned on my 'over-sensitive poster who doesn't understand opinions' option.
    Oh wait.
    I don't have one.
    I mentioned the Kung Fu Panda because that is one of the ONLY things that people keep bringing up that's 'bad' about it. When you say 'Disney', what exactly would be childish? Mulan? I guess Huns killing everybody is pretty childish.
    I didn't insult you, buddy, you took everything I said as an insult.
    You just don't want to listen to what I have to say, because it's what you don't want to hear.
    "Bye bye." (Though I'm sure you're refreshing at an alarming rate.)

Deleted
    -snip-
    And you base this rant on the cinematic? Please..

There are still dark aspects in Mists of Pandaria, anyone who has done some quests on the beta can tell you this.

I'm not convinced.

I bet you're great fun at parties.

Spoiler alert: LUL KUNG FU PANDA NERRHURHURRR =/= Valid/sound reasons.
    Also, Kung Fu Panda is Dreamworks. Not disney. At least get your trolling material right.
    Also, deal with the fact that people are sick of you lawn-shitters that do nothing but want a Grim-dark game. Blizzard has humor, lots of it actually, and just because we don't have fuckin' elves getting impaled on spikes and.. pterodactyls flyin' everywhere.. shittin' spike bombs and.. and ants.. ANTS EVERYWHERE..

Anyways, if you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't shit on everyone else when we ALSO have sound opinions (IE: not NUERRHRHRHH PANDALAND) as to why we like it, and that it isn't 'kiddy'.
    You are precisely the type of person who the OP was talking about when they said "trashing the 'haters'". He didn't shit on anybody in his post, and you give an insulting retort that is insulting to the OP and meant to beat him down so that he is encouraged to refrain from posting his opinion (which he has done in a very civil manner). All he is asking that the people who you call "lawn-shitters" (after asking the OP not to shit on anyone else, immediately after you've insulted him/her) are simply exercising their right to express their distaste in the same way that you are able to express your joy. He's not trolling you by saying these things.

Deleted
    I think the pandaren in the cinematic is Chen. And I'm pretty sure he attacked them because he wanted them to work together. ( He has first hand experience with Horde and Alliance working together..)

Example:
    I fucking hate olives because they taste disgusting.
    Does that mean olives are bad? No. I just don't like them.
    But I don't run around going NO
    NO
    OLIVES ARE BAD
    YOU SPIT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW THEY'RE DISGUSTING FRUITS OF SATAN.
    Or the following:
    I didn't care for the salad, there were olives in it and I don't like them. I imagine the salad would have tasted a bit better for me if there weren't any olives in it.
    Not
    This salad is utter garbage because you put olives in it. This entire restaurant is shit and I am never coming back here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because they brought violence to the monk's home, duh. :P
    Sorry, this expansion is not about the pandarian fighting the horde / alliance that invade their home. The Cinematic implied that we would be fighting the pandarian, not playing the pandarian and fighting the opposing faction.

probably to stop them from summoning a sha. obviously they were fighting out of hate and anger. if the pandaren didnt stop the fight they probably wouldve summoned a sha and that wouldve been alot worse then two lone races with homemade spears
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by kizee94 View Post
    You are precisely the type of person who the OP was talking about when they said "trashing the 'haters'". He didn't shit on anybody in his post, and you give an insulting retort that is insulting to the OP and meant to beat him down so that he is encouraged to refrain from posting his opinion (which he has done in a very civil manner). All he is asking that the people who you call "lawn-shitters" (after asking the OP not to shit on anyone else, immediately after you've insulted him/her) are simply exercising their right to express their distaste in the same way that you are able to express your joy. He's not trolling you by saying these things.
    "You still like it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are fed up of this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enraged about a game they used to be different, a game they liked immensely and played a lot. The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now they have clearly left behind the first part in favour of the second. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye."

"I'm entitled because I played longer than you, so we are going to sit here and bitch about why we hate something that we shouldn't even really care about, if we don't like it."

People REALLY need to learn how to not take things as direct attacks, hawly shiet.
    After seeing the amounts of people that just keep spouting the same; KUNG FU PANDA, CHILD SHIT, NOPE. And refusing to listen to reason, don't you think you'd be a little irritated too? Granted, I was probably too harsh on him, and I appologize, but I'm really gettin' tired of the Disney/Dreamworks bullshit.
    Last edited by Guavasaur; 2012-08-16 at 05:52 PM.

Didn't like it, but it doesn't matter if i liked it or not anyway because:
    -this cinematic doesn't solve the super low population problem of Shattered Halls.
    -they still don't offer FCM and ask for 20 euros per char.

Nevertheless, my wow cinematics list is now:
    1-Classic
    2-Wotlk
    3-BC
    4-Mop
    5-Cataclysm
    Last edited by juggerneat; 2012-08-16 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    I think the pandaren in the cinematic is Chen. And I'm pretty sure he attacked them because he wanted them to work together. ( He has first hand experience with Horde and Alliance working together..)
    Aye that is evident when he got a smirk on his face when the human gave the orc a weapon. The whole point of Chen fighting was to break up the fight, even then Chen never used anything that would be remotely lethal. Just wore both of them down far enough that they could see what was really around them and stop the childish bickering between them.