Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Monk trasmogging like Chen

After seeing the wonderful cinematic I thought if was currently possible to mog like Chen in game. I know they added the straw hat in the last build, I just hope we will be able to get his gear in leather at least, since that's what monks wear.

Deleted
    Well, the gear is already there. It is pretty much what Monks start in, just lacks a bit of white trimming ^_^
    I would assume that a higher level set would appear at some point, though, I'm not holding my breath sadly

Deleted
    Well, actually the starting gear is sleeveless.

Deleted
    Oh, so I have been proven wrong. Well, looks like we can only hope to get a leather set of it ^_^

Deleted
    The sad thing is, if they ever gave us a set like that or made a tier with that look, people would just complain about 'lazy design' and 'recycled content/art'.

I'd kill someone for that look. Whether it's for my future Monk or my Rogue.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-08-16 at 04:35 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping for some old school kung-fu chinese ming dynasty type sets myself something you would some times see in paintings or statues from old china.
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

Deleted
    I don't think people would complain about re-used content, I think it would be a rather large complain for people who want a Plate / Cloth / Mail version (Like the Shadow Pan Helm)

I would kill for a transmog set like the one Chen has + his straw hat.
    No seriously .. who do I have to kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Alsayyar View Post
    I don't think people would complain about re-used content
    Have you ever been to this forums? Wow players complain about literally everything.. There will always be some hater who will write an angry topic about anything and some people will back him up stating they speak on behalf of the whole community...

But ye - I really count on some lv 85-90 quest rewards, or maybe some faction items that will give us similar look.. I don't count on tier looking like that (tiers usually look more 'stunning' than this plain set), this is something a green quest rewards usually look like.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    Chen. He then drops his clothes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    http://mop.wowhead.com/item=90894
    Still no idea how to get it

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    http://mop.wowhead.com/item=90894
    Still no idea how to get it
    Afaik it's a reputation reward from The Tillers faction. Available in every armor type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulz View Post
    Afaik it's a reputation reward from The Tillers faction. Available in every armor type.
    Tillers just became my first repgrind :P

but as it has no stats.... does that mean you can't mog it? Or are the rules changing in MoP?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

but as it has no stats.... does that mean you can't mog it? Or are the rules changing in MoP?
    I just checked and it seems you really get the hat from one of the tiller farmers (each one has his own "reputation bar"). In this case Old Hillpaw (http://mop.wowhead.com/faction=1276#comments).

Stats are not neccessarily required (see Darkmoon Replica Armor), however common quality items are currently not transmogable, I really hope this is an exception.

I just checked and it seems you really get the hat from one of the tiller farmers (each one has his own "reputation bar"). In this case Old Hillpaw (http://mop.wowhead.com/faction=1276#comments).

Stats are not neccessarily required (see Darkmoon Replica Armor), however common quality items are currently not transmogable, I really hope this is an exception.
    I think it will be an exception. They made it obviously for epic-xmog-swaggyness =3

If not we'll go to the official forums with pitchforks in our hands and dreams of Straw Hats in our minds <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

omg 2 more. Listen carefully Armor is a stat.

Currently you won't be able to moogle the straw hat cause it's common. Hopefully blizz changes it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

After receiving the hat from Old Hillpaw, it becomes available on the Tillers vendor in all 4 armor types (still common quality, if I remember right). They're all exactly the same. There's no reason to do that other than setting it up for transmog use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    The sad thing is, if they ever gave us a set like that or made a tier with that look, people would just complain about 'lazy design' and 'recycled content/art'.

I'd kill someone for that look. Whether it's for my future Monk or my Rogue.
    Hm, maybe they could make it as replicas? Like the dk starting gear or something.
    Or how they brought back some old sets as replica. Maybe they will make this is in green/blue/purple in future, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about this, for the chest at least ? http://mop.wowhead.com/transmog-set=...delviewer:24+0
    For the belt, one of the monk class quests (or vendor) but they're not correctly displayed in WH.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    What about this, for the chest at least ? http://mop.wowhead.com/transmog-set=...delviewer:24+0
    For the belt, one of the monk class quests (or vendor) but they're not correctly displayed in WH.
    Thast works well witht he black stylish shirt. It's part of one of my "maybe" Sets. Just not that color.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-08-19 at 01:42 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The other issue with "Chen-mogging" is that Chen doesn't wear shoulders. I'm still not sure what I plan to transmog my shoulders to (I'll be wearing heirlooms), so I'll probably just go default until I find something that looks good.

I'm not sure Wowhead has the coloration correct on the straw hat. When it was initially posted here on MMOC, it's color was gold, like an heirloom. It seems pretty obvious that the hat is intended specifically for transmog, so it's highly unlikely that it wouldn't be usable or transferable. So far, it's still a big question, because no one's seen it in-game yet, only from datamining.