View Poll Results: Did you like the cinematic?

Voters
2480. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1,987 80.12%
  • No

493 19.88%
Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoutanClan View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441773/ June 6,2008

http://www.google.com/search?q=catac...&client=safari December 7 2010

Yes I understand there was one stupid panda in the original Warcraft. But which is honestly memorable. A panda in an old game or a crappy movie that's got sequels.

Go watch Kung fu panda. And then realize wow is now that.
    Oh my god, a game has Asian themes and Pandaren even before KFP was even considered! CARTOONISH AND FOR KIDS!

Yes I understand there was one stupid panda in the original Warcraft. But which is honestly memorable. A panda in an old game or a crappy movie that's got sequels.

Why are you hell bent on getting others to think it is a "childish" game, and that wow is now suddenly kung fu panda? While you're entitled to your opinion, you are not entitled to shove it down others throats.

What about the pandaren having more racial development than any other race in the RPG books? Blizz obviously has been developing them for some time, even if it wasn't fully in WoW.

Hell, Blizz has admitted pandaren were originally slated to be the Alliance race in BC.

Pandaren were in Warcraft 3 which came out in 2002
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It's not too uncommon for enemies to briefly set aside their differences in order to combat a more dangerous foe. We saw the same thing in the first WC3 cinematic, when the orc and human were confronted with an infernal.
    Indeed. It's logical. You won't be able to settle whatever differences you have with your current enemy if you get killed by the other, more dangerous enemy that's trying to kill both of you.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    the bossman SAYS this, the trailer depicts something else

it's very indicative of blizzard's disconnect with not only its players, but also inside the company. most large companies have the creative people over here, and the money people here

the former creative people have become money people, they hired in new creative people and they're not on the same page, hence the bomb that was cataclysm
    I'll admit, Cataclysm was horrible, but every company does have it's fail. Like you do, and I do. Shit, even Chris Nolan will have a fail movie. Failure, is a part of learning.

awesome i would say 2nd best after LK

I'm sure we should completely discard Rexxar too. And Vol'jin. And Jaina having to kill her father. Because that happened in an old game.

Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's right. The Pandaran were always Asian-inspired martial artists with a passion for good brews. Kung Fu Panda changed nothing of that.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It's not too uncommon for enemies to briefly set aside their differences in order to combat a more dangerous foe. We saw the same thing in the first WC3 cinematic, when the orc and human were confronted with an infernal.
    Thank you! Finally someone else who actually paid attention back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Why are you hell bent on getting others to think it is a "childish" game, and that wow is now suddenly kung fu panda? While you're entitled to your opinion, you are not entitled to shove it down others throats.
    How was I shoving my opinion. I just linked the facts.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    Pandaren were in Warcraft 3 which came out in 2002
    Which if you read the whole thing, I said that. But which is more memorable a reference and a cameo in a long dead game or a recent move with happy meal toys.

You linked the release date of Kung Fu Panda and Cataclysm. They're facts, certainly, but I don't see what the latter has to do with the eternal argument that will never be dropped.

Which if you read the whole thing, I said that. But which is more memorable a reference and a cameo in a long dead game or a recent move with happy meal toys.
    Doesn't matter which is more memorable. The point being made is that Pandaren came first.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-08-16 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Let's completely get rid of any character that existed in Warcraft 3 or any of its predecessors, because it's an 'old game' and shouldn't be taken seriously.

One of the dumbest things I've seen today.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:02 PM ----------

Congratulations! You proved that Kung Fu Panda came out before Cataclysm! What the hell does that have to do with anything?
    Last edited by Byniri; 2012-08-16 at 10:04 PM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I like it? No, I didn't... And here is why:

I SODDING LOVED IT! :O
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

That largely depends on who it is you're talking to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    I thought it was awesome, but thats just me xD
    in terms of technicality as in the actual CGI QUALITY and technology.. it was quite possibly the greatest Blizzard has done

in terms of impact/story/importance... it was a complete ripoff of Kung Fu Panda

that was Jack Black doing his comedic routine when the Panda caught the hammer the orc was using, put it back on the lamp post thingie, and then straightened it

complete Kung Fu Panda ripoff which is a shame because it is the greatest CGI Blizzard has possibly ever done

........possible WoW Movie done with CGI?? Why not.. they have the skills for it

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm sure we should completely discard Rexxar too. And Vol'jin. And Jaina having to kill her father. Because that happened in an old game.

Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's right. The Pandaran were always Asian-inspired martial artists with a passion for good brews. Kung Fu Panda changed nothing of that.
    Pandas didn't play a major part in that old game as the characters you mentioned.

Kung fu panda makes the game feel childish because it looks just like it.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    in terms of technicality as in the actual CGI QUALITY and technology.. it was quite possibly the greatest Blizzard has done

in terms of impact/story/importance... it was a complete ripoff of Kung Fu Panda

that was Jack Black doing his comedic routine when the Panda caught the hammer the orc was using, put it back on the lamp post thingie, and then straightened it

complete Kung Fu Panda ripoff which is a shame because it is the greatest CGI Blizzard has possibly ever done

........possible WoW Movie done with CGI?? Why not.. they have the skills for it
    Can you point me to the scene in Kung Fu Panda where that exact action occured?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandas didn't play a major part in that old game as the characters you mentioned.

Kung fu panda makes the game feel childish because it looks just like it.
    A Panda helped found Orgrimmar and played a major part in the TFT Orc questline.

So looking like China is automatically KFP? That's moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post

Oh great, you again.

How the hell was that a ripoff of KFP?
    Last edited by Byniri; 2012-08-16 at 10:08 PM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    That largely depends on who it is you're talking to.
    Asking google "Panda video game" pulls just Kung fu panda screenshots and links.

They aren't memorable to the large population who takes one look at this and says,"didn't nick already do that?"

Maybe more memorable to the younger generation. Which really tells us all we need to know about the average age about those claiming that MoP is ripping off KFP.

I hate to break it to you, but Jackie Chan and many other martial artists have been doing that for eons.