View Poll Results: Did you like the cinematic?

Voters
2480. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1,987 80.12%
  • No

493 19.88%
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really loved it. It should have been longer, but hot damn it was epic.
    I still like WotLK cinematic better, but this is still pretty damn good.

Wow................. Kung Fu Panda.......... why did they not just go ahead and use Jack Black for the voice. The fight was stupid, like Horde and Alliance would gay out like that. Seriously. And the human was fighting with a stick, when he had a knife. Derp Bliizzard bloopers. lol. And the new OP Kung Fu Panda class for the win, some random fat panda owns two awesome warriors. I did not even see one dragon, or something even slightly scary. Then fade to Pandaland, surprised I did not see unicorns and rainbows too. No chills for me.

Actually it was awesome. I loved how the emphasis on fighting for something that matters, i.e. defending ones home, is greater than honor/justice. Great CGI, and a nice tone that fits the expansion. It does prelude the final fight where we already know we WILL be teaming up and fighting a common enemy. Chen was cool. Loved it.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-08-17 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruie View Post
    Indeed. Honestly, the funny part is actually how clever the Pandaren is being in the trailer. Some people just don't understand that because as soon as they see an OMGHAHAPANDALOLZ they automatically find the trailer to be "bad".
    I'm surprised that no one has pointed out how the Pandaren is mocking the Human and Orc by adjusting the mace/thing so casually.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    There's actually a huge difference between the pandaren and the races you've summed. While the pandaren is just as serious as them, atleast those other races don't have their own expansion focussing on them. Imagine an expansion with only gnomes, people could easily call it childish aswell.

The expansion as a whole, which includes tons of panda's, is what people see as ''childish''.
    Well Gnomes are not taken seriously by Blizzard. They are the #1 comic relief race.

Pandaren (for the most part) are not.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me, what do you see on this cover?

Ofcourse the game has a lot of other sideplots, some are major some are minor. The expansion is still focussed on both the pandaren AND the Alliance VS Horde stuff.
    Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Should I pick through every single cover of the expansions like you just did with the new one? No. Would would you even expect to be on the cover for this expansion?

Interesting. This expansion is just about Blood Elves and Goats. Herp derp.
    So, what were you trying to argue again? I just took your argument and threw it back to you. Hurry, catch it.
    ^ lol at my text turning red because of my recent edit. GG

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has pointed out how the Pandaren is mocking the Human and Orc by adjusting the mace/thing so casually.

Is it okay to tell you that I chuckle about that in my mind? I loved when Chen chuckled about it.
    Last edited by Ruie; 2012-08-17 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Typos, adding extra things whilst being busy in game. GG

My biggest problem with the cinematic is the intended comic beat of the human slipping a weapon over to the orc so they can try not to let the Panderen (Chen, I'm guessing?) make a monkey out of both of them again -- sort of shatters the illusion of this desperate and intractable conflict between the Horde and Alliance. I mean, for all the talk of how there is no "Horde and Alliance unite against common enemy" hook to this expansion... that is exactly what happens in the cinematic.

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Should I pick through every single cover of the new expansions like you just did with the new one? No. Would would you even expect to be on the cover for this expansion?

Interesting. This expansion is just about Blood Elves and Goats. Herp derp.[COLOR="red"]
    So, what were you trying to argue again? I just took your argument and threw it back to you. Hurry, catch it.
    TBC was not ''just'' about blood elves and draenei, but they were one of the main focusses. Just like the pandaren are in MoP.

The Lich King was a main focus in WotLK, but they could've putted Death Knights on the cover aswell. They are a huge part of the game aswell.

I don't really see where your trying to go with. MoP is targeted for both pandaren AND the Alliance VS Horde stuff. What's so hard to understand???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    My biggest problem with the cinematic is the intended comic beat of the human slipping a weapon over to the orc so they can try not to let the Panderen (Chen, I'm guessing?) make a monkey out of both of them again -- sort of shatters the illusion of this desperate and intractable conflict between the Horde and Alliance. I mean, for all the talk of how there is no "Horde and Alliance unite against common enemy" hook to this expansion... that is exactly what happens in the cinematic.
    Honestly, they were about to get their asses kicked. In my mind I took it as a good way to forget differences for a split second before getting their asses beat by such a mysterious being they have never seen before. It has happened even in movies and even real life. If a Panda is sitting there 1v2ing, I would think that the Orc and Human have enough common sense to set their problems behind for a tad to rid of the current "problem".

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:31 PM ----------

TBC was not ''just'' about blood elves and draenei, but they were one of the main focusses. Just like the pandaren are in MoP.

The Lich King was a main focus in WotLK, but they could've putted Death Knights on the cover aswell. They are a huge part of the game aswell.

I don't really see where your trying to go with. MoP is targeted for both pandaren AND the Alliance VS Horde stuff. What's so hard to understand???
    That is EXACTLY my point. You contradicted yourself. Likewise, what is so hard to understand? You're trying to say that just because the expansion introduces Pandaren as a focal point that it's just it's only purpose. That is how you seemed to word it and that's your argument. I never said anything about Blood Elves and Daenei being the ONLY thing in Burning Crusade. I merely gave an example of how stupid your argument is.

Now kindly stop trying to argue with me. If you don't like the idea of the Pandaren covering up the expansion with their fluff and skills, then don't play. If you don't care, then there is more reason to quit this argument and enjoy the expansion once it comes out.
    Last edited by Ruie; 2012-08-17 at 01:33 AM.

do you know what would make me really happy? having Jack Black in the next WoW commercial as a panda, lol.

Deleted
    And up until they see with what ease the Pandaren is fighting they still try and kick one another in between fighting him. ^^ And just because A Human and an Orc shortly fight on the same side doesn't say it stays that way... as we have all experienced since WC3.

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Should I pick through every single cover of the expansions like you just did with the new one? No. Would would you even expect to be on the cover for this expansion?

Interesting. This expansion is just about Blood Elves and Goats. Herp derp.
    ^ lol at my text turning red because of my recent edit. GG

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:23 PM ----------

Is it okay to tell you that I chuckle about that in my mind? I loved when Chen chuckled about it.
    you said it's not about pandaren, it's about war
    BC was precisely about the blood elf/space goat conflict and their fight becoming ours
    his argument isn't saying it's soley about pandaren, its in refuting your statement
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jashin View Post
    BC was precisely about the blood elf/space goat conflict and their fight becoming ours
    his argument isn't saying it's soley about pandaren, its in refuting your statement
    /facepalm

Some people really can't understand sarcasm and a joke.
    All I have to say about the beginning: No shit.

FIRST of all: I never said that it was not about Pandaren, I said it wasn't JUUUUUUUUUUUST about Pandaren. It's about war and even some peace.

This is what I said:

Even that does not make any sense, honestly. It is NOT an expansion ABOUT Pandaren, though. This expansion is focusing on the Horde and Alliance. This isn't an expansion about Pandaren and their little animals friends tagging along, this is an expansion about war or even peace. Obviously people have no idea why the expansion's purpose is.

Edit: To clear myself up, the expansion has to do with introducing the Pandaren, yes; however, the main purpose is to go through the Alliance and Horde. The Pandaren are technically known as the "peace-makers", but are willing to help out either side. /shrug
    Last edited by Ruie; 2012-08-17 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jashin View Post
    TBC was more about fighting the Burning Legion and Illidan than about the blood elf/draenei conflict becoming ours. Just by the way.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-08-17 at 01:36 AM.

/facepalm

Some people really can't understand sarcasm and a joke.
    All I have to say about the beginning: No shit.
    its tough to read sarcasm with people that type entire paragraphs
    they usually take time to make their points agonizingly apparent

i mean really
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

Honestly, they were about to get their asses kicked. In my mind I took it as a good way to forget differences for a split second before getting their asses beat by such a mysterious being they have never seen before. It has happened even in movies and even real life. If a Panda is sitting there 1v2ing, I would think that the Orc and Human have enough common sense to set their problems behind for a tad to rid of the current "problem".
    Well, there was also a Disney-esque quality of the way in which the guy hands over the thing, like he's acknowledging that it's sort of embarrassing and that they look like a couple of mooks... which it is. I don't know, it just shouldn't play for comedy. None of these cinematics should, they should create a sense of peril and urgency that only YOU and the power of YOUR PLAYER CHARACTER can begin to make sense of. The cinematic was working for me up until the Jackie Chan-esque beat of (again, I assume) Chen fixing that thing, but the "psst... bro, you need this stick" moment with the Orc kinda pulled me out of it. I'd have rather just had Chen blow them both the hell up and get a little belligerent about them being there at all, kinda like the Shado-Pan NPC does in the Horde and Alliance starting areas for Jade Forest.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2012-08-17 at 01:38 AM.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 06:31 PM ----------

That is EXACTLY my point. You contradicted yourself. Likewise, what is so hard to understand? You're trying to say that just because the expansion introduces Pandaren as a focal point that it's just it's only purpose. That is how you seemed to word it and that's your argument. I never said anything about Blood Elves and Daenei being the ONLY thing in Burning Crusade. I merely gave an example of how stupid your argument is.
    That's the point of this expansion. The Horde and the Alliance DO NOT HAVE THE COMMON SENSE TO BAND TOGETHER TO FIGHT A COMMON ENEMY. Why the hell is it that, now, when the bloodlust between them is the greatest, that two ruthless soldiers would all of a sudden band together. It both fails to portray what the theme of the expansion is supposed to be and goes counter to the past 7 years of the game.

And how you're failing to see that an entire continent NAMED PANDAria, and entire cinematic focused on a PANDAREN monk, and box art of a PANDAREN is a little over the top and emphasizes one aspect of the expansion far more than any others is beyond me. Playing through tBC you get the Blood Elf vibe all over the place. But you get a ton of other vibes as well. Ones of demonic corruption. Ones of Horde vs. Alliance (which was presented a fuckton better in the tBC cinematic; an expansion that wasn't even mildly focused on the conflict compared to this one). One of the major villains of tBC was also a blood elf. MoP's MAIN theme is NOT the pandaren. Not even close. It is the forces awakened by the horde vs. alliance conflict. It is the Sha and Old Gods. To throw every major portrayal of the game away and present it surrounding a single race is...too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Now kindly stop trying to argue with me. If you don't like the idea of the Pandaren covering up the expansion with their fluff and skills, then don't play. If you don't care, then there is more reason to quit this argument and enjoy the expansion once it comes out.
    The expansion is about pandaren, and no other race you summed up that could be ''childish'' aswell didn't have their own expansion. So you can't really compare those cases ''if pandaren is childish, than so are taurens and gnomes''.

Really, its not hard to understand why people call them childish. There's nothing wrong with a non-serious race in a game, but people call it childish because the pandaren are somewhat a comical race that play a large part in the expansion. This is why some people take this expansion not serious.

Also, I like MoP so far, so I will be playing it. I have perosnally nothing against the pandaren, but I atleast understand how some people can go ''the cinematic was good untill the panda came''.

I threw this ''argument'' back to you, just as you wanted. But if you can't see the basic logic in this, then don't bother to reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    You really think they knew what was coming out from the mists when the Pandaren appears? Instead of both dieing, they help eachother fight whatever it is. In the end you can see that the Pandaren didn't really want to do anything harmfull to them, instead learn that war won't stop the conflict between the horde and the alliance. Again; "What are you fightning for?" It's their first arrival to Pandaria - they didn't even know they were on that island. QQ

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    LOL and there was nothing funny for TBC when one of the battlemasters in Shatt had the look of He-Man lol....
    Was that in a trailer? Was this somehow the focal point of an expansion? No one is disputing that WoW uses comedy in game from time to time. It's the level at which pandas are used as comic relief.

Deleted
    It was good but didn't give me chills like the cataclysm one

First trailer that isn't focused around the end boss! Very interesting, they made pandas look surprisingly badass and made me a little more anxious for mop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.