Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone's missing Consecration?

If there's already a similar thread, please delete this and regret nothing.
    Hi guys, I'm not a great poster on this forum but I'm a great fan of the Paladin Class.

I choose this class for my alt back in BC, but over time I learned how to tank and well, during all the second half of WotLK and Cata I just preferred it to my main. So now I can say that the Paladin -is- my main class (for most of the time).
    I know that consecration was a waste of mana and GCD in the end (afaik it stopped to be worth it in the middle of cata) but... It's a signature spell of the entire class, like Judgement, or Exorcism. That spell with it's appealing graphics made me choose (along with the general feeling of the 'Lightbringer' role) the Class, so far. I extremely enjoyed it and now that I won't see it in MoP makes me very sad. Why Blizz Removed it? I really don't understand.

Am I missing something? (A glyph, perhaps) Or Consecration is gone forever?

...What's your thought about it?
    Do you miss Consecration? Would you glyph it, if it turn to be possible? Do you think There's a way to persuade Blizzard to bring it back?
    Discuss!

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my motherlanguage. ^_^

As Ret, Nope. Love the changes. Ret will be my first 90 then my NE Monk after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    As Ret, Nope. Love the changes. Ret will be my first 90 then my NE Monk after that.
    Not even in a 'Feeling' PoV?

I love the other changes to Paladins (both Ret and Prot - can't say Holy because I never ever tried it) too, but I'm little concerned about their decision. There was no need to completly remove it at all. :c

It was reskinned as Light's Hammer.

ain't even joking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    It was reskinned as Light's Hammer.

ain't even joking
    It's kinda an aesthetic downgrade, I think. That Hammer is.. Well, pretty ugly. (Even if it's an upgrade from the design's side. So sad that we can't have both.)
    Last edited by mmoce1b16cfe0e; 2012-08-16 at 02:23 PM.

Wait, they removed consecration recently? Played on a 85 Protection paladin on the 5.0.3 PTR like a month or two ago and we still had consecration...

EDIT: Nevermind, they just make it protection only. Honestly don't care there, it only had its niche uses for ret / holy.
    Last edited by Bareno; 2012-08-16 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Wait, they removed consecration recently? Played on a 85 Protection paladin on the 5.0.3 PTR like a month or two ago and we still had consecration...

EDIT: Nevermind, they just make it protection only. Honestly don't care there, it only had its niche uses for ret / holy.
    Wait, what? So there is Consecration, for at least one spec? I haven't the beta nor the PTR, but searching on the MoP calc I didn't find any Consecration, whithin the baseline talents given. :\

EDIT: Cheer! It's in the Prot baseline talents indeed! Still sad about the restriction, but pretty relieved to know that it's definetly in-game. ^_^
    Well, good to know. I'll appreciate more the prot spec, now. (pretty fan of aesthetics here ;D)
    Last edited by mmoce1b16cfe0e; 2012-08-16 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Unless they changed it, there's even a glyph that allows you to put your Consecration wherever you want within a ## yard radius (not sure about the distance), much like a DK's Death and Decay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jivhan View Post
    It's a signature spell of the entire class, like Judgement, or Exorcism.
    Not the way I see it .
    Consecrate was always a signature spell for a prot pally to me. So I don't see anything wrong with the new change to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Unless they changed it, there's even a glyph that allows you to put your Consecration wherever you want within a ## yard radius (not sure about the distance), much like a DK's Death and Decay.
    25 yards - I find it quite useful I must say

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Not the way I see it .
    Consecrate was always a signature spell for a prot pally to me. So I don't see anything wrong with the new change to it.
    You didn't play Vanilla then. Consecrate was 1 out of 2 or 3 buttons a ret could actively push to deal a bit of dmg .

It was essential in order to be actually noticed by dmg meters -__-

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    You didn't play Vanilla then. Consecrate was 1 out of 2 or 3 buttons a ret could actively push to deal a bit of dmg .

It was essential in order to be actually noticed by dmg meters -__-
    lol had to throw every spell you could to get noticed xD
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes ONLY Prot will have access to this spell, similar to Holy Wrath if you are wondering where that is gone aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    That's gone Prot/Holy only also? Seem's they're taking all the fun things away from Ret then. How we are supposed to AOE then, only with Divine Storm..?
    The damage from those two spells is laughable on live. Your main aoe damage came from SoR cleaving and DS.

Holy Wrath is Prot only. Prot/Holy loses Exorcism while Holy gains Denounce though.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    That's gone Prot/Holy only also? Seem's they're taking all the fun things away from Ret then. How we are supposed to AOE then, only with Divine Storm..?
    Hammer of the Righteous, Divine Storm, Seal of Righteousness, Light's Hammer/Holy Prism.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

I miss Auras, Holy Wrath, Divine Storm, Cons Altho I haven't used it since Wrath.

Seriously miss Auras. I wish instead of removing em they just buffed em to make him more viable. Lazy Dev is Lazy.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will miss Consecration, Wotlk/Cata Divine Storm and Holy Wrath when 5.0.4 hits live. The inability to use any of these to get a Rogue or Feral out of Stealth is pretty annoying, will have to basically wait for them to open on me.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    Yes ONLY Prot will have access to this spell, similar to Holy Wrath if you are wondering where that is gone aswell.
    Less buttons to clog up my action bar is always a good thing, but i wonder if so many spells being removed from the spell bar will bring back the lolret 123 statements so popular in wrath.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ret has plenty buttons and have some added also including the prot only Hammer of the Righteousness (HotR), which is added into your aoe arsenal (prot and ret now have this to clarify).

Paladins have changed a few buttons between the specs and have lost many other things which were rarely used at times or just things that seem out-dated. As Nathiest posted Auras are gone from all Palas except Holy who still has Aura Mastery, albeit not an actual aura that is passive, it is a slight change of the cooldown Aura Mastery that lasts for 6 seconds for holy still.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen on Beta Rets are becoming Combat Rogues in Plate with Holy Magic instead of Poisons. Combat mechanics wise of course. We now have combo builders and combo finishers both for single target and aoe - just like rogues. We even can stack up to 5 combo points just like them, the only difference - we really need just 3 for our finishers. We can use combo points to heal or for ranged attack - rogues able too. Now the only thing that's missing - is dual wield but with 2-handers! Oh, and energy instead of mana too - but that's just a micro detail.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2012-08-18 at 11:15 AM.