Feedback Requested: Mage or Rogue for MoP

Hi guys,

I recently came back to WoW for MoP. I'm starting completely from scratch. It's been quite a while and I've been out of the PVP loop for a while now; so I'm wondering what do you think the future holds in terms of Mage vs Rogue in the PVP world. Obviously, I understand it might be a little rough to make an assumptions on either classes yet, but with the beta going on as long as it has already, I'm sure some people have at least some feedback.

Thanks in advance,
    Kal

Deleted
    Mages are still very strong, but I've seen a lot of them pvping as fire spec but taking the frost talents like the shield, frostjaw etc. some of them have been devastating, and frost is still a tough fight in it's own right. Rogues aren't as great as they have been up to now but they're still serious competition, just not insta-win classes. Just bear in mind that there is still tuning going in so you may be best waiting right up until the patch hits.

Monk DDs right now are omg, tons of mobility + healing, if you get one training you they are not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Mages are still very strong, but I've seen a lot of them pvping as fire spec but taking the frost talents like the shield, frostjaw etc. some of them have been devastating, and frost is still a tough fight in it's own right. Rogues aren't as great as they have been up to now but they're still serious competition, just not insta-win classes. Just bear in mind that there is still tuning going in so you may be best waiting right up until the patch hits.

Monk DDs right now are omg, tons of mobility + healing, if you get one training you they are not going anywhere.

Thanks for your feedback. I started back up on a mage; but also am cross leveling a priest -- which is surprisingly better than i initially thought.

For world PvP your usually going to want a rogue.

The ability to pick their battle and take advantage of an enemy in a weak situation is going to be overpowered. Blizzard balances for organized PvP, not world PvP, and stealth in world PvP is the most overpowered thing there is.