Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    /facepalm. You wont be able to play pandaran before MOP releases. You will not be able to play Gnome hunter.. You will be able to play Bloodelf Worgen ect. With only a classic account. That is all. About time really.

Quote Originally Posted by flaps View Post
    Both Pandaren and the monk will NOT be available to play UNTILL september 25th, regardless of expansion.
    Pandaren will be available to play regardless of expansion, and the monk will be released for players WITH MoP following September 25th
    Pretty much this, guys you need to read it again.

It basically means every race (Goblin and Worgen) but NOT the Pandaren or Monk class.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    so i can play a panda on auust 28 ? or just on 25 september like normaly..?
    pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    so i can play a panda on auust 28 ? or just on 25 september like normaly..?
    September 25th

Lalala, to all the doomsayers! I suppose new players will be happy to not be as restricted. =)

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    another marketing ploy hidden subtext " please don't leave our kung fu kiddy game for guild wars 2 please we has pandas ! "
    Seeing as GW2 is F2P and WoW is P2P..what's stopping you from playing both other then the mentality of "I CAN ONLY PLAY ONE GAME AND IT IS BEST GAME OVER OTHERS". Not like you'll have end game raids in GW2 to draw you away from doing stuff in WoW that you enjoy.

Deleted
    Does this mean we can play pandaren when 5.0.4 is released before MOP is released o.o?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25.
    aaiight thanks was wondering since i saw 5.0.4..but thats not the pre patch so i was wonderin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    in before all the "THEY LIED TO US" when people won't be able to choose Pandaren the moment 5.0.4 goes live...
    Sad but inevitable...

Quote Originally Posted by Yumisara View Post
    If it includes the pandaren, why did they say on the 25th of September
    What they mean is: you don't need to own the Mists of Pandaria expansion to play the Pandaren race, but you'll have to wait till that expansion actually launches to actually do so in the case for Pandaren.

What that means in general, though, is that people who just buy the basic WoW game access (ie, most new players) won't be limited to which races they want to play just because they didn't purchase the expansions yet.

And honestly, it's a great idea considering how many expansions there are to WoW now; it's best that they start to learn from Everquest's mistakes when they started having many many MANY expansions. Making more of the new features baseline to new standard accounts makes getting started into the game a less daunting task in regards to 'oh shit now I have to buy 2 more things just so I can play this main game, what the hell'.

edit: holy lack of general reading comprehension, batman. You guys are breaking my heart today. x___x
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-08-16 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

I think this is cool. Most people are already caught up as far as expansions are concerned...but this will be nice for new players who only invested in vanilla/bc so they can at least play the race they were most interested in.

But I also think this gives players a chance to play the pandaren and see what they are all about (regardless of being able to play the monk class or not) and get a feel for the race themselves. So many people assume the worst out of the race and this is a chance for those players to get to be hands on with them and really try them out before deciding to invest in MoP or not. I think it's a win win for both sides. Blizz will win some over with the pandaren I am sure...and I am sure some people will at least get a chance to say Well now I know even if it means they un-sub and go elsewhere. It's a good way for both sides to be happy and I think many will find they enjoy the pandaren as a race...or at least find them more tolerable than they originally thought.

Looking forward to it (even though I am already planning to buy MoP on release day...).

You can play anything except Pandaren two weeks from now. The Pandaren will be available next month.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonTurky View Post
    Does this mean we can play pandaren when 5.0.4 is released before MOP is released o.o?
    No. Pandaren will become available at september 25th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    No. It says "races" not "classes."
    Sorry for the missunderstanding, but my "read english" are bery bad

It includes Pandaren after Sep 25th. It is interesting that you would be able to buy Vanilla/BC, then roll a Pandaren, and do the Pandaren starting quests on the turtle. Im guessing you cant be a DK w/o Wrath or a monk w/o MoP though.

thats pretty cool ^^ Nice move, Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    good call , they should also make new battle chest with all the previous expansions +mists to make it easier for new players

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoffa View Post
    So it I get this right, U can play a tauren rogue (for exempel) ?
    Race, not class my friend

I don't realy see why we all should care, haven't we all pretty much got Cataclysm already :P?

Quote Originally Posted by I Change My Name View Post
    Anyone else think that it is now making BC a tad redundant now? All it is a skipping stone for people going from 60-70. Without the added perk of the 2 new races what else is there for them.
    BC is now part of vanilla, they dont sell it seperate anymore since they merged it digitally and in stores. Technically there are now 3 expansions. Wotlk, Cata and MoP.

They did this because they dont want to steer away new players who think they will have to buy 5 box sets to play.
    Last edited by naimc; 2012-08-16 at 05:30 PM.