Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    No, you only run it again if you want to run it again. Worth noting: It's actually not a statistically tiny chance of that gear dropping, in GW2.
    Not really because it isn’t guaranteed to drop a piece of gear you can use. So it’s running the same instance over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    I should add: you only run it again if you really want to run it again because you really want that one piece of nice looking gear, not because you need that damned one piece of gear that never drops but is a thousand times better than that one other you have.
    So very true. If I don't want to run that dungeon, it's not stopping me from doing anything else.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Why do players play starcraft and starcraft 2?.
    Clearly it's to unlock the overpowered units that they can only get by winning, right?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    So very true. If I don't want to run that dungeon, it's not stopping me from doing anything else
    Bolded the WHOLE point of GW2
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Bolded the WHOLE point of GW2
    To be said another way, GW2 does away with a lot of "barriers to entry". For example, you can craft, dungeon or WvW your way to 80 exotic gear and it will all be the best. You don't need to climb a PvP ladder and have people carry you into a certain Arena Ranking so you can start gearing up and start to get to that point where you can start to be a threat to people who have been at a high rating for a few months. You don't need to re-make your character if you want to play with your friends and have stuff feel fresh. You don't need to do a lot, but the fundamentals are still there, and the aspect of fun that other games try to incorporate after the barriers are basically almost there from the get-go.

Pew pew.

So from what i´ve read in this thread, is that the things you do at max lvl are the same things you will do at lvl1?
    rofl....good game indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    To be said another way, GW2 does away with a lot of "barriers to entry". For example, you can craft, dungeon or WvW your way to 80 exotic gear and it will all be the best. You don't need to climb a PvP ladder and have people carry you into a certain Arena Ranking so you can start gearing up and start to get to that point where you can start to be a threat to people who have been at a high rating for a few months. You don't need to re-make your character if you want to play with your friends and have stuff feel fresh. You don't need to do a lot, but the fundamentals are still there, and the aspect of fun that other games try to incorporate after the barriers are basically almost there from the get-go.

Pew pew.
    Can't out gear or out level another player - what do? No point to game.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-08-16 at 08:20 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    So from what i´ve read in this thread, is that the things you do at max lvl are the same things you will do at lvl1?
    rofl....good game indeed
    You're clearly misunderstanding. Are you currently of the belief that running the Heroic End Time, (you know, one of the new dungeons that came with Dragon Soul), is the same thing as running Ragefire Chasm?

Because... well, they're both 5-man dungeons. They're the same thing, right?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 08:30 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

You can do anything you want, any time you want, any way you want. You're not forced to do X to do Y, you're only "forced" to do X if you want the set that comes from X. Unlike other games, where you have a specific progression path, and heaven forbid you want to do Y before you do X, or don't want to do X at all, you have to to do Y.

As long as you're an appropriate level, of course.
    Last edited by rhandric; 2012-08-16 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl....good game indeed
    Seems the brain-numbing activity has already taken place. No hope for this one.
    Valar morghulis

rofl....good game indeed
    last i checked, most games in the gaming industry use the model of "dont change the game in the last 30 minutes of play" and tend to go with "keep the game the same through-out"

Even though GW2 isn't a sandbox it has some elements of one. And judging some of the comments here and other threads I've seen, I can see why sandbox games don't do nearly as well as themeparks that guide your hand at everything.

Deleted
    I hate these threads.

If you like running on that damn gear treadmill all the time then carry on playing WoW. Seriously, the game won't change to accommodate your preferences. You are proving absolutely nothing and are not being helpful in the least by coming on a forum and saying 'I've done a lot of research, played the game, and I don't like it.'

There is nothing we can tell you if you don't want to listen. If you don't like how it is, nobody is forcing you to play it. If you're saying 'Oh god this game is so bad' because it doesn't have mind numbing features, then you're an idiot, quite frankly.

Said it before, I'll say it again - This game ain't perfect, but it's a damn sight better than WoW is in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    6 answers and no "this game is not for you"?
    This game is not for him.

sPvP is true pvp. Gear is taken out of the equation because all are equal, so you cannot get a gear advantage and stomp opponents based on that. You actually have to be better. THAT is what PvP is all about, games with gear progession in pvp essentially are Gear vs Gear.
    If you need a gear to play PvP then you are not a real PvPer.

PvE has a gear hunt in the sense of aestethics. WoW is really not much different, or did you really think you were progressing? Thats really a well veiled illusion. You gain 10% more dps, whoop here is the new raid tier, everything has 20% more health. Congratz, you just got WEAKER relative to the relevant content. And with your gear being the new baseline, meaning everyone gets burried in it (5mans, dailies, crafting, etc) you are back to square one.
    You dont progress, you are constantly kicked down. While you run on your threadmill, not actually moving forward but if you stop you fall off the back end.

And WvW is much more then just a wild zergfest. You can build waypoints in the keeps that you take, which makes getting around much easier. But it requires somewhat of an investment, something people didnt have the gold for (because they were low level) or the will because WvW would reset every 24h in BWEs anyway.
    And a mindless zerg gets sprayed down easily by a handfull of defenders that have two working braincells. 5 clever players are worth more then 30 people derpzerging.

And why do all this? Because its fun. You dont get a fake progression curve where your bigger numbers are met with even bigger numbers from what you're trying to kill. And if you dont think any of this is fun, whatever thats your opinion, but then this game is just not for you. Because this is what its like, and thats not going to change.
    Last edited by terrahero; 2012-08-16 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Thread merged.

-- Fencers

you cut out my relatively long response to the goal-less nonsense
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-08-16 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Seems the brain-numbing activity has already taken place. No hope for this one.
    So if i dont agree with you and i REALLY DONT LIKE THIS GAME (played 2 bw... only, i know) im brain dead?
    have fun in that game, from what ive read and experience its an overhyped game that doesnt live to the expectations...
    but its my opinion...
    and with that kind of rude players that bash anyone that doesnt think like them..... good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    So if i dont agree with you and i REALLY DONT LIKE THIS GAME (played 2 bw... only, i know) im brain dead?
    have fun in that game, from what ive read and experience its an overhyped game that doesnt live to the expectations...
    but its my opinion...
    and with that kind of rude players that bash anyone that doesnt think like them..... good luck
    It's not about disagreeing with somebody, it's that you actually believe that Ragefire Chasm is the same thing as level 85 dungeons, simply because they're still dungeons.

The gameplay at level 1 and the gameplay at level 80 is relatively the same, but as you progress to higher-level content it becomes more involved and more complicated. Enemies get smarter and get more skills, your objectives become more varied and more challenging and more lengthy, and so on.

I mean, the gameplay from the very first DNA sequence of Assassin's Creed is the same gameplay at the end of the game. The gameplay at level 1 of Diablo 3 is the same as the gameplay at max level in Inferno.
    Are those not good games?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    you cut out my relatively long response to the goal-less nonsense
    I have learned to copy my reply before I hit the post quick reply button :P
    Valar morghulis

-goalless snip-
    I wonder why guys like you (complains about a game with no real foundation) always have only 2-10 posts on their account...

so how is a game like WoW more goal oriented than GW2?

1.) Why do you play battlegrounds/arena? To get better gear = to nuke down newbies? or to have actually fun? Let me guess: you enjoy nuking newbies. If that's the case, the game is not for you. GW2 want's everyone on an even playing field.

2.) Why do you play dungeons? To have a tough challenge (like in all of the dungeons in GW2, not only the lv.80-ones) or because you want to have this really cool looking gear (can be found in GW2 as well, but this gear doesn't break older content like old epic raids). Or do you just want that +220strength,... on your gear to be able to play the raid/dungeon you really would like to play. Well, then the game is probably not for you.

Deleted
    but its my opinion...
    What? You came here and started slagging off a game that you don't like because your preferences happen to be different to others' preferences.

Go away. We don't want you here! We don't want people saying 'omfg lol this game iz so bad' because it doesn't help! Maybe 'I'm having a little trouble with this feature, could I get some help?' would be more appreciated. Maybe a little constructive criticism?

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

Talk like an asshole, get treated like an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    but its my opinion...
    I don't care if you don't like the game. But you're obviously not reading the responses and just game-bashing and spreading misinformation - mindlessly.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-08-16 at 08:34 PM.
    Valar morghulis