Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Check my signature.

The top of the list looks like this:

Edit: Disclaimer, I am currently doublechecking my work.
    If its correct, the difference is within the noise zone. I just wanted to see if I should try to get my hands on a KTT asap, or pass it on to another caster in our group.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Haunt DPCT is higher regardless of haste. It's true MG benefits more from haste, but it will GCD cap before overtaking Haunt. If you have unlimited shards, you should always prefer Haunt.

The only way this could potentially change is if your dots have insane procs, while you don't have any intellect procs currently.
    So if I have super empowered dots mg could overtake haunts dpct? If I don't currently have procs up to increase haunts burst DMG. Ty for clearing this up for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tret View Post
    So if I have super empowered dots mg could overtake haunts dpct? If I don't currently have procs up to increase haunts burst DMG. Ty for clearing this up for me
    It could, if you also have Empowered Grasp from 2set. In 90% of cases though I think it's better to Haunt if you have unlimited access to shards.

Is the tooltip for the T16 2-piece correct? With Empowered Grasp up, Malefic Grasp's tooltip says each tick causes your DoTs to tick for 45% of their normal damage (vs 30% without the 2-piece) and Drain Soul's tooltip says each tick causes your DoTs to tick for 75% of their normal damage (vs 60% without the 2-piece). I thought the 15% would be multiplicative (MG DoT ticks should be 34.5%, DS DoT ticks should be 69%)?

A 2-piece that gives 8-9% DPS increase as Evrelia said sounds crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    If its correct, the difference is within the noise zone. I just wanted to see if I should try to get my hands on a KTT asap, or pass it on to another caster in our group.
    The only real difference is that KTT won't screw you and not proc within the first 10 sec of the pull (when BBoY is at 10stacks) while amp could potentially not proc within the first 10 sec and destroy your opener DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Is the tooltip for the T16 2-piece correct? With Empowered Grasp up, Malefic Grasp's tooltip says each tick causes your DoTs to tick for 45% of their normal damage (vs 30% without the 2-piece) and Drain Soul's tooltip says each tick causes your DoTs to tick for 75% of their normal damage (vs 60% without the 2-piece). I thought the 15% would be multiplicative (MG DoT ticks should be 34.5%, DS DoT ticks should be 69%)?

A 2-piece that gives 8-9% DPS increase as Evrelia said sounds crazy.
    Would love to see a source for that 9%, if that's true then the wording of the set bonus has to be royally wrong.

Deleted
    Just tested 2pc on dummy. Dots tick 45% of their damage with Empowered Grasp up, 30%+15%, instead of 30%*1.15. While MG damage itself is multiplicative, damage*1.15. I hope this isn't a bug and they don't hotfix nerf it

Damage with GoSac is (30+15)*1.2 = 54%, wonder if its better than gosup.
    Last edited by mmoc047901df21; 2013-10-08 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Just tested 2pc on dummy. Dots tick 45% of their damage with Empowered Grasp up, 30%+15%, instead of 30%*1.15. While MG damage itself is multiplicative, damage*1.15. I hope this isn't a bug and they don't hotfix nerf it
    In b4 hotfix nerf

Afflic bonus would be shit if this wasn't working as intended, while demo destro full set provide real good improvement..
    Altough gloves and helmet has better stats for afflic.. they might nerf it because a lot of ppl would go for these 2 and blizz would say:

"What? 2p sux? Not what we are seeing"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Four set is 3%, two set is about 8-9%. Both are worth having.
    Pretty much confirms my simulations. I'm simming with ~265k single target dps @50.000 iterations and 450s (+20%) fight length.
    Then I simmed my toon again, only having changed my chest off piece for the heroic t16h set, giving me the 2pc set bonus - result was an astonishing dps increase by ~25-30k dps.
    At first I thought this just has to be a bug, but Evrelia confirms my Sims.
    Last edited by mmoc029c04889c; 2013-10-08 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    What is the best off set piece? I was thinking hit mastery shoulders since our tier shoulders are the only item of the tier set that does Not have mastery. Though the mastery haste legs from glarkas are also nice. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    What is the best off set piece? I was thinking hit mastery shoulders since our tier shoulders are the only item of the tier set that does Not have mastery. Though the mastery haste legs from glarkas are also nice. Thoughts?
    Doesn't afflic only go with 2pc and not 4?

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Doesn't afflic only go with 2pc and not 4?
    It depends on your progress IMO. Like for my guild we probably won't kill Thok, Siegecrafter and Paragons in a month or two, while we'll have the first 8 on farm where there's a lot of nice off-pieces. Head from Galakras, legs from Juggernaut and shoulders from Nazgrim together with tier chest and gloves is what I'll be looking at grabbing until I can get full heroic 4 set (which I probably won't get early either way since 4p isn't that great).

I have a question regarding Nightfall procs. Does it proc of MG/DS dot ticks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    I have a question regarding Nightfall procs. Does it proc of MG/DS dot ticks?
    No it doesn't, I did a long test on this and found it doesn't.

Hey guys. We got down protectors and Noru down last night on heroic. But I wasn't to happy with my dps on that fight compared to our other locks. My armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Camii/simple. My haste isn't what it would normally be if i was affliction, it was around 9800 for the protectors. Anyway if someone can just tell me what i'm doing wrong. I just feel way off this tier. Their armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Madler/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Bynes/simple

wol http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ql...?s=3598&e=4120

Be gentle >_>
    Last edited by missbrooklyn25; 2013-10-09 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Bad link

Quote Originally Posted by missbrooklyn25 View Post
    Hey guys. We got down protectors and Noru down last night on heroic. But I wasn't to happy with my dps on that fight compared to our other locks. My armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Camii/simple. My haste isn't what it would normally be if i was affliction, it was around 9800 for the protectors. Anyway if someone can just tell me what i'm doing wrong. I just feel way off this tier. Their armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Madler/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Bynes/simple

wol http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ql...?s=3598&e=4120

Be gentle >_>
    Well I just did a brief overview of your logs for the protectors fight. I tend to come to one conclusion as most of the factors are pretty close, it probably has to do with they are getting better dot snap shots. Dot uptime's are as follows:

Mad Byn Cam
    Agony 99.7 99.7 99.4
    UA 98.9 96.4 95.7
    Corr 99.9 97.8 98.3

You could certainly get your UA uptime a little higher which would add some dps.

Your haunt uptime was second best 42.1% vs 33.1(mad) 43.3(byn)

Total haunts casted 28 v 37 v 29 (mad, byn, cam)

Your MG uptime was the highest 31% vs 17.1(mad) 17.2(Byn)

Mad also has additonal 4.3% dps from KTT which you and Byn do not have.

I am by no means a WOL expert and I am sure other people can delve in ways that I cannot. But it appears its probably a combo of better dot snap shotting, and they may have their dots up longer on all 3 targets, directly increase their dps vs yours. I think this is also supported by the fact that your MG uptime is so much larger. You are mg'ing more, but they are spreading their dots and keeping them up on all possible targets.

Hopefully others have some input as well.

[EDIT] Went back and double checked dot damage, its as follows and I believe goes along with my thoughts...dot snap shotting/spreading/keeping powerful dots up on all targets:

Mad Byn Cam
    Agony 76m 64m 43m
    UA 66m 57m 37m
    Corr 44m 37m 26m
    Last edited by TheBGreene; 2013-10-09 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Would love to see a source for that 9%, if that's true then the wording of the set bonus has to be royally wrong.
    While I was thinking along the same lines as you, I remember getting two piece and seeing my dps shoot up a pretty large margin, especially on the pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    While I was thinking along the same lines as you, I remember getting two piece and seeing my dps shoot up a pretty large margin, especially on the pull.
    I wasn't aware that the ''15% increase'' means damage from dot ticks by MG goes from 30% to 45%. The way it's worded, I expected it to be just 15% extra damage overall. Knowing that, 8-9% seems more reasonable.

Deleted
    How do you deal with Protectors Multidotting, and the new SS mech?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1487&e=1988

While I ranked with this log, I personaly felt like I could have been doing alot better. I generally have my focus target (Tenderheart), and dot this one up with powered up - dots, and spread those to the others.

However, how should I open on this boss?

I read that people get 1 mil + openers, and I don't get remotely close, I peaked @872 k.

Also, on Malkorok HC - Do you run with AD or KJC. I tryed using AD, but I felt like KJC nettet me the same dps, while being more comforting (Progressing on this boss).

I obtained HC WF Totem afterwards, and while this will help my performance extremely, I felt like it was a skill/way of doing it.

On Nazsgrim, I ranked high - So it seems like I got "none council" fights properly.