Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    What you're saying is you should basically always use Dark Soul on that fight with your PBOI, but that's pretty much entirely contextual. It's nice to use PBOI+DS together because it's a more or less fixed point you can count on, but make no mistake, if you can use your DS with bboy at an opportune moment there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't.
    I didn't exactly say you always absolutely have to, but unless lucky with RNG, you will probably have to 9/10 times anyways. If however presented with the right BBoY RNG, then sure, delay it by all means. Plus, there's an AD DS for a reason!

Its not unlikely that u wont get a BB proc before the second sun/rook phase. there's about a minute between the two phases and the rppm on BB is .92 (excluding the extra proc rate if it doesn't proc in the first bit of the fight after the opener).
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Quote Originally Posted by Valq View Post
    This is wrong on so many levels. For starters, yes you HAVE to align DS with PBI on protectors, its not even an option not to, unless you PBI procs really late. If you mean you don't have to pop DS with PBI, then you're presenting a theoretically perfect fight with a BBoY proc at the perfect time(s), that's very RNG dependent, hence this is misleading. BBoY may not even proc beyond the opener until really late in the fight. Its not better to save your 2nd DS for when you have BBoY, heck knows if your BBoY will proc again during the fight, the only reason to save the DS would be if you directly got a BBoY proc RIGHT before PBI.
    You're misunderstanding I think. Of course you pop your first DS with PBI on pull. The one in question is the second proc. The third proc is inconsequential to dot extension if the fight even lasts that long at all. Let's say you get a bboy proc before the second proc, you use your pot and ad ds charge on that. There's no reason to refresh all those dots with PBI+DS again because you're going to lose dmg. If you pop DS here just to line it up with PBI, you can maybe refresh corr and ua if they're getting low, but probably not worth it for agony. However, if you don't save your DS, then if you get bboy again, you'll have nothing, maybe berserking. You would have used your 3rd DS to refresh UA and corr, which isn't bad, but not as great as all 3 with a bboy.

Let's say bboy doesn't proc before PBI second proc or procs a second time within the first min, then of course you line it up and save your AD charge for the next bboy. If bboy doesn't proc again by 3 mins or so, then you can use your AD charge just to not have to swap around weak dots.

Trying to use DS with PBI 100% of the time is pretty much mandatory for the other two specs, but not necessarily true for affl, and even less necessary on such a short fight that you are extending dots on.
    Last edited by Moruff; 2014-06-24 at 04:23 PM.

is it even worth using PBI anymore? at least on boss fights that don't last long enough to make use of the third proc. the first proc is just as good as a ktt proc since we only refresh once (opener) so we're only getting full use of it once on the second proc. would love to see some math on that. vs ktt
    Last edited by yoloswagginz; 2014-06-24 at 04:17 PM.
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    is it even worth using PBI anymore? at least on boss fights that don't last long enough to make use of the third proc. the first proc is just as good as a ktt proc since we only refresh once (opener) so we're only getting full use of it once on the second proc. would love to see some math on that. vs ktt
    I assume you just mean for protectors and dark shaman?
    Haven't done any math on it but, I think the pull is much riskier if ktt procs before bboy. Also the amp stats is vastly superior to multistrike for aff. During progression when I only had ktt for aff, it would only do 3-4% of my dmg. I think if the fight is short enough and you happen to get ktt to proc at a good time, it might be worth it, but seems unnecessarily risky.

i mean for any fight thats under 3min 50 sec since that would be the ICD of the third proc. looking at my kill times most things are dying in the 3min 30sec-3min 50sec range which is just enough to avoid getting the third binding proc. so uptime of roughly 17-19%. also getting uptime of the same percentage on ktt would be more valuable just because its spread out more w/ snapshotting. dont think there would be much risk on pull just cuz rppm pretty much always procs off the first cast. i'd imagine bindings would be more rng on pull. but in every other case there would b more rng cuz ICD vs RPPM. multistrike should do about 6.4% of ur dmg cuz 19.4% * 33% = 6.4% with very little variance cuz aff dmg is done by tons of little bits of dmg.
    Last edited by yoloswagginz; 2014-06-24 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    You're misunderstanding I think. Of course you pop your first DS with PBI on pull. The one in question is the second proc. The third proc is inconsequential to dot extension if the fight even lasts that long at all. Let's say you get a bboy proc before the second proc, you use your pot and ad ds charge on that. There's no reason to refresh all those dots with PBI+DS again because you're going to lose dmg. If you pop DS here just to line it up with PBI, you can maybe refresh corr and ua if they're getting low, but probably not worth it for agony. However, if you don't save your DS, then if you get bboy again, you'll have nothing, maybe berserking. You would have used your 3rd DS to refresh UA and corr, which isn't bad, but not as great as all 3 with a bboy.

Let's say bboy doesn't proc before PBI second proc or procs a second time within the first min, then of course you line it up and save your AD charge for the next bboy. If bboy doesn't proc again by 3 mins or so, then you can use your AD charge just to not have to swap around weak dots.

Trying to use DS with PBI 100% of the time is pretty much mandatory for the other two specs, but not necessarily true for affl, and even less necessary on such a short fight that you are extending dots on.
    I think we're more or less trying to say the same thing here, but we're just using different wording/situations in a fight So all good I guess, its really a thing you can't determine pre-fight, you just have to take whats given to you, and how you actually manage the fight (whether you fuck up and lose your dots etc) and work from there, unlike the more linear style destro offers.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean for any fight thats under 3min 50 sec since that would be the ICD of the third proc. looking at my kill times most things are dying in the 3min 30sec-3min 50sec range which is just enough to avoid getting the third binding proc. so uptime of roughly 17-19%. also getting uptime of the same percentage on ktt would be more valuable just because its spread out more w/ snapshotting. dont think there would be much risk on pull just cuz rppm pretty much always procs off the first cast. i'd imagine bindings would be more rng on pull. but in every other case there would b more rng cuz ICD vs RPPM. multistrike should do about 6.4% of ur dmg cuz 19.4% * 33% = 6.4% with very little variance cuz aff dmg is done by tons of little bits of dmg.
    Thing is, PBI gives you 10% more crit damage (which is absolutely huge on opener) and 10% mastery, which is a flat 10% damage increase, so I would assume those and PBI procing on pull is a flat damage increase over KTT, unless you get that to line up with BBoY on anything but the opener.

no doubt the equip effect on PBI is way better than ktt but i'm wondering about how much of a difference there is on average including the procs because our current kill times are pretty much the worst possible timing for bindings.

With good rng I could say ktt is better, but having pboi for second ds is a nice buffer for bad rng.
    Kapelusz of Encore

The % I listed is indeed low because was using a lower ilvl, granted, but it's going to be about 10% less than 6.4% because it doesn't copy pet damage.

Anyway, I think you should try ktt over pbi tonight and report your findings =).

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    The % I listed is indeed low because was using a lower ilvl, granted, but it's going to be about 10% less than 6.4% because it doesn't copy pet damage.

Anyway, I think you should try ktt over pbi tonight and report your findings =).
    lol tryna eliminate the competition. might try it if i raid on my lock

I'm so disapointed with that trinket thing.

Thought it could be great to help kill Ultraxion but it did not work AT ALL. I tried 10 times, don't know if it has some kind of conection with aggro/level of the monster or just bad luck.

Anyway, soloed it first time because I got BBoY last week, that's the only thing that matter. But still took me 3 or 4 wipes.

lol tryna eliminate the competition. might try it if i raid on my lock
    Eh my soul swap finger is tired, going to play destro prob.

Are debuffs such as "languish" from the adds on Malkorok or "power of the titans" from Sha of Pride snapshot into dots?

Got my answer, it being yes they are snapshot. Ill leave this up in case anyone else comes wondering the same thing.
    Last edited by newbb; 2014-06-26 at 07:18 AM. Reason: answered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newbb View Post
    Are debuffs such as "languish" from the adds on Malkorok or "power of the titans" from Sha of Pride snapshot into dots?

Got my answer, it being yes they are snapshot. Ill leave this up in case anyone else comes wondering the same thing.
    This is true with every haste buff/debuff in the game

i have a question about h thok. is it worth to start the encounter with the observer and swap to the imp during kite phase, repeat as phases change.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    i have a question about h thok. is it worth to start the encounter with the observer and swap to the imp during kite phase, repeat as phases change.
    Just always use an imp.

use an imp on everything besides IJ and malkorok(unless ur dotting adds). even on IJ and malk the difference is so insignificant so i just stick to imp the whole time. theres just so much time wasted when the observer is running back and forth that the imp avoids by just turning around and casting.

Deleted
    Is the triple trinket thing fixed this reset? can anyone confirm? not working on dummy after 4 tries.

RPPM trinkets wont proc outside of a raid boss so its hard to test. when i tried it last week neither of the rppm trinkets proced for the first 10 seconds though i only tried it on 3 bosses but it did seem to be at least 10 seconds every time which leads me to believe it was a hotfix. can't confirm for sure tho since it was only 3 bosses.