I'm new to affliction so if this is a dumb question I'm sorry but using fel flame at the the start on that option 2 pongeur said doesn't refresh agony with the procs you have so wouldn't that be a dmg loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    I'm new to affliction so if this is a dumb question I'm sorry but using fel flame at the the start on that option 2 pongeur said doesn't refresh agony with the procs you have so wouldn't that be a dmg loss?
    No matter how you do it you get 24s of fully buffed Agony because of stat snapshotting.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Great read thanks for the guide
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    No matter how you do it you get 24s of fully buffed Agony because of stat snapshotting.
    Might be being an idiot here but if you used fel flame to refresh corruption and UA once your int procs were up and not agony you would get the 24 sec buffed agony once you refreshed the dots at the end of your procs but you'd lose out on a few seconds before that if you refreshed agony as soon as your procs happened then again as DS was falling off with your procs.

Might be being an idiot here but if you used fel flame to refresh corruption and UA once your int procs were up and not agony you would get the 24 sec buffed agony once you refreshed the dots at the end of your procs but you'd lose out on a few seconds before that if you refreshed agony as soon as your procs happened then again as DS was falling off with your procs.
    What I am saying is that if you use or don't use Fel Flame you need to refresh Agony once during your Dark Soul - your options are via SB:SS or manually. Fel Flame (obviously) has nothing to do with the Agony. Think of Fel Flame as something that just extends your procs Corruption and UA by 6 seconds, that's it.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2013-01-21 at 06:23 AM.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

im just curious as im new to affliction, would it be better to use fel flame and then manual refresh agony once your int procs are up during DS, or to SB SS them up? As im guessing you should SB SS just before your procs all tick off to keep te buffed dots as long as possible, or are you supposed to manually refresh them before your procs fall off?
    One other thing is when new procs happen say a trinket mid fight, should you refresh your dots almost immediately to get the most benefit possible out of that proc even if you've just refreshed recently or is it best to delay refreshing until pandemic even if it means you lose out on several seconds of buffed dots?

im just curious as im new to affliction, would it be better to use fel flame and then manual refresh agony once your int procs are up during DS, or to SB SS them up? As im guessing you should SB SS just before your procs all tick off to keep te buffed dots as long as possible, or are you supposed to manually refresh them before your procs fall off?

One other thing is when new procs happen say a trinket mid fight, should you refresh your dots almost immediately to get the most benefit possible out of that proc even if you've just refreshed recently or is it best to delay refreshing until pandemic even if it means you lose out on several seconds of buffed dots?
    1- Never use Fel Flame. If there is agony and corruption to refresh with buffs and pandemic, do it with SB:SS, UA itself don't worth it a SB:SS. UA + Corruption only worth a SB:SS if is really buffed.
    2- If the buff is over 25-30% of the current dot, worth it ignore Pandemic. You can use the affdots addon to help you control this issue.
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2013-01-22 at 02:29 AM.

Anyone have any recommendations of an addon to track dots on the bosses in the Will of the Emperor encounter? I can track one boss using my focus frame but if I need to target the other boss I have to turn my camera around and click him... which feels very inefficient. Elvira recommends Shadow Unit Frames but I don't like it because it changes the look of my unit frames. I just want an addon that will allow me to have two focus frames (if that makes sense)!

You have fortexorcist and tidyplates for that effect.

Personally I use SUF and Tidyplates, dunno why but I don't never look for plates on this 2 bosses. At this fight I only "look" for plates for AOE. I refresh dots on both bosses looking at SUF .
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2013-01-21 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    1- Never use Fel Flame. If there is agony and corruption to refresh with buffs and pandemic, do it with SB:SS, UA itself don't worth it a SB:SS. UA + Corruption only worth a SB:SS if is really buffed.
    2- If the buff is over 25-30% of the current dot, worth it ignore Pandemic. You can use the affdots addon to help you control this issue.
    Please don't type in all bold. Also, I wouldn't really follow this advice. Fel Flame has situational use. Say you just refreshed all your DoTs, and then right after that you get some procs. Recasting them is pointless, since you can just Fel Flame to get the exact same effect with less GCDs.

I'm guessing the reason we're gemming for keen in our red sockets now is because the mastery we get from getting extra hit out-ways the int from artful gems?

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I'm guessing the reason we're gemming for keen in our red sockets now is because the mastery we get from getting extra hit out-ways the int from artful gems?

Only if you have Hit that you can reforge into Mastery somewhere on your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Only if you have Hit that you can reforge into Mastery somewhere on your gear.
    I could see that. I can also see it for my current position as its the only thing holding me at the 6637 haste breakpoint(gemming for artful in the place of the keens would drop me to 5100 mastery, which is simming less then with the keen gems), even at 498 ilvl...damn crit gear. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I could see that. I can also see it for my current position as its the only thing holding me at the 6637 haste breakpoint(gemming for artful in the place of the keens would drop me to 5100 mastery, which is simming less then with the keen gems), even at 498 ilvl...damn crit gear. :|
    There's no reason not to gem for Keens. If your gear is good enough to be gemming Mastery then you have enough reforging elsewhere for it to be viable.

I actually got a question for you Evrelia if you do not mind answering, with my gear at this point and time, what spec would you recommend? mmo-champ won't let me post a link so my warlock's name is Tenebraé on the US realm Zul'jin. I also keep getting told what is bis then getting told next day or two or whenever that another item is bis.

I find it a DPS loss to go Keen at 509.

Ok, regarding the Keen gems...

Let's say you have 3 Red slots. That's 480 Exp if you use Keen gems. The only way that's worth doing is if you can gain that same 480 stats as Mastery somewhere on your gear to compensate for the loss of 240 Int. If you can't get that 480 Mastery, don't gem Keen.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Ok, regarding the Keen gems...

Let's say you have 3 Red slots. That's 480 Exp if you use Keen gems. The only way that's worth doing is if you can gain that same 480 stats as Mastery somewhere on your gear to compensate for the loss of 240 Int. If you can't get that 480 Mastery, don't gem Keen.
    Yes, this, but I can't imagine a situation where you wouldn't be able to reforge some hit into Mastery (or haste) somewhere else on your gear. If someone was extremely undergeared, sure, but then they wouldn't be gemming pure Mastery anyway.

Anyone got any tips regarding Tsulong 10 man heroic? I got the idea on the raids general tactic and what the goal is, but I'm not really certain what to do myself. In night phase how hard should I go on adds? I'm trying to get some dots up on them but they die pretty much before my they start ticking :S. Single targeting them seems to be better than putting up corruption + UA (when i cant SB:SS right when they spawn). Maybe I should just skip casting haunt between adds? This will completely ruin my opener though so I guess I can't do that on the first though :S.

Also for the day phase how hard should I go on small adds that spawn from the Embodied Terror? Is it a good idea to just stay in middle and multidot everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Anyone got any tips regarding Tsulong 10 man heroic? I got the idea on the raids general tactic and what the goal is, but I'm not really certain what to do myself. In night phase how hard should I go on adds? I'm trying to get some dots up on them but they die pretty much before my they start ticking :S. Single targeting them seems to be better than putting up corruption + UA (when i cant SB:SS right when they spawn). Maybe I should just skip casting haunt between adds? This will completely ruin my opener though so I guess I can't do that on the first though :S.

Also for the day phase how hard should I go on small adds that spawn from the Embodied Terror? Is it a good idea to just stay in middle and multidot everything?
    I've noticed my performance went up not chasing adds down during day and just sitting in the front of the boss(for the regen) burning embodied terrors and drain souling off of shas..as for heroic night, haven't gotten there yet :P but I have seen some locks skip UA and just put corruption/agony and MG spam if absolutely needed, though I see just corruption/agony on whatever you can and sitting on boss being most ideal.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-01-25 at 12:58 AM.