10+ Year Old Account
    Hi!

I recently received the 30% haste metagem and I was looking at simcraft and I am really unsure about my trinkets. I have breath of the hydra (522), wushoolay's final choice (522), and volatile talisman of the shado-pan assault (522).

Simcraft was telling me that volatile talisman is about a 6k dps increase, but I am having wushoolay uptime of around 25% per boss fight. I feel like the sim is inaccurate because my dps did go down a bit when I swapped wushoolay with volatile talisman.

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    13737 is the next breakpoint you're looking for.
    So just to be clear, if I'm at 9778 right now, and my 30% haste procs, i'll have haste equivalent to 13737 haste rating? That doesn't seem correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    So just to be clear, if I'm at 9778 right now, and my 30% haste procs, i'll have haste equivalent to 13737 haste rating? That doesn't seem correct.
    Proc equivalent in haste rating:
    (100+x)*0,3*425,19
    x = haste percent in character screen, make sure you have 5% raid buff when checking.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-04-17 at 06:44 AM.

Deleted
    Hey guys I'm looking at switch to aff again and I was just wondering about the stats. Now in my current gear I can only reach about 13.1k haste rating if I gem/reforge/enchant full haste so 600 rating off the breakpoint or so. My question is, is it worth it for me to get to 13.1k haste until some more gear drops or should I just go for the 9.7k breakpoint and keep my mastery? (if i go full haste I'll be sitting at around 5.5k mastery instead of the 9k I have if I go for the 9.7k haste point)

My armory if its relevant:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...othos/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    No not at all. There's not really any breakpoint to hit that will be any benefit during the meta proc - if you wanted to compare it to something look at break points during heroism. Just saying the next breakpoint you should aim for is the 13737 one.

I was just thinking about how crazy this tier's trinket procs are and started wondering if they are strong enough to pop DG at the pull as long as your trinkets procced at the pull. Would this outweigh the increased dmg from execute phase? The trinkets I am thinking about are breath of the hydra and wooshalay's final choice which together is about 20k intellect. I know that WFC is a lot of ramp up time but that coupled with Breath, potions, jade spirit, lightweave, racials seems like a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    I was just thinking about how crazy this tier's trinket procs are and started wondering if they are strong enough to pop DG at the pull as long as your trinkets procced at the pull. Would this outweigh the increased dmg from execute phase? The trinkets I am thinking about are breath of the hydra and wooshalay's final choice which together is about 20k intellect. I know that WFC is a lot of ramp up time but that coupled with Breath, potions, jade spirit, lightweave, racials seems like a lot.
    Doomguard is dynamic now, no longer snapshots.

If you just mean having him up during that time benefitting from the buffs you have up then I don't know. With DG being fixed in 5.3 so that it benefits from Timewarp again will bring us back to the old use-it-during-timewarp logic I think. Before that someone will have to do the math to figure out if procs on pull will outweigh the 20% boost during execute. It did not early in Mists, so I have my doubts it will have changed. The thing is that you'll have procs up during execute too, and the damn thing lasts a full minute now, which is much too long for there not to be significant procs during the time he is up any way.

Deleted
    For Horridon 10 heroic as affli, using the legendary meta, do you recommend going with a mastery build and sac, haste build and sac or haste build and supremacy? I'm doing the dino orbs, if that changes anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    For Horridon 10 heroic as affli, using the legendary meta, do you recommend going with a mastery build and sac, haste build and sac or haste build and supremacy? I'm doing the dino orbs, if that changes anything.
    I would definately recommend using a pet on Horridon HC for the simple fact that it's the most convenient way to deal with the Direhorn Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by bauke123 View Post
    I would definately recommend using a pet on Horridon HC for the simple fact that it's the most convenient way to deal with the Direhorn Spirit.
    I tried that and the damn pet kept despawning from getting too far away I am assuming (note - that was with imp as I know he has more range). I made a macro that goes like this and found it quite handy. Its only like a half gcd so not much of an interruption here and that way I could keep my pet fireballing stuff to his lil hearts content.

/stopcasting
    /tar direhorn spirit
    /cast curse of the elements
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    I tried that and the damn pet kept despawning from getting too far away I am assuming (note - that was with imp as I know he has more range). I made a macro that goes like this and found it quite handy. Its only like a half gcd so not much of an interruption here and that way I could keep my pet fireballing stuff to his lil hearts content.

/stopcasting
    /tar direhorn spirit
    /targetlasttarget
    Wouldn't it make more sense to focus the direhorn and using /cast [@focus]? It comes down to the same but i've had issues with targetlasttarget.

Quote Originally Posted by Neothos View Post
    Hey guys I'm looking at switch to aff again and I was just wondering about the stats. Now in my current gear I can only reach about 13.1k haste rating if I gem/reforge/enchant full haste so 600 rating off the breakpoint or so. My question is, is it worth it for me to get to 13.1k haste until some more gear drops or should I just go for the 9.7k breakpoint and keep my mastery? (if i go full haste I'll be sitting at around 5.5k mastery instead of the 9k I have if I go for the 9.7k haste point)

My armory if its relevant:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...othos/advanced
    Go 9778 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to focus the direhorn and using /cast [@focus]? It comes down to the same but i've had issues with targetlasttarget.
    I play that fight as destruction personally and I have Horridon set as my focus target for SB cleaves so for me that wouldnt work. The only other issue I would have with making the direhorn my focus target is that you have to make him ur focus target after the fight actually begins (Like 99% sure there is a way to set up a macro to making something your new focus target but I have always just done it manually personally).

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Hi!

I recently received the 30% haste metagem and I was looking at simcraft and I am really unsure about my trinkets. I have breath of the hydra (522), wushoolay's final choice (522), and volatile talisman of the shado-pan assault (522).

Simcraft was telling me that volatile talisman is about a 6k dps increase, but I am having wushoolay uptime of around 25% per boss fight. I feel like the sim is inaccurate because my dps did go down a bit when I swapped wushoolay with volatile talisman.

Any advice would be great! Thanks.
    What spec? Simcraft is especially bad with trinkets. Wush and Breath is the best trinket combo you can get for Affliction if that's your spec.

EDIT: Also since I can't see your Armory, I will tell you that since you have the Meta and two RPPM trinkets you should go balls the the walls reforging/gemming/enchanting for Haste
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-04-18 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    EDIT: Also since I can't see your Armory, I will tell you that since you have the Meta and two RPPM trinkets you should go balls the the walls reforging/gemming/enchanting for Haste
    Do I just have the worst luck with the legendary quest? Been full clearing since week 1 and still only have 10 secrets.

one question: why is demo simming so high on simcarft charts? http://simulationcraft.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    Do I just have the worst luck with the legendary quest? Been full clearing since week 1 and still only have 10 secrets.
    Nope,......our GM has 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post

/stopcasting
    /tar direhorn spirit
    /targetlasttarget
    Why imp and not observer, if you are using that macro to keep direhorn away?

The way our raid moves horridon sometimes he gets pretty far away from me. If I use observer he sometimes despawns because of the distance. So, for that reason as well as the fact that with the imp I can help dispel door 1.
    Last edited by Hatelocker; 2013-04-18 at 06:46 PM.

He's not using a pet on the Spirit.