Deleted
    do you get this from testing or from just interpretating the results from simcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    do you get this from testing or from just interpretating the results from simcraft?
    I interpret what AskMrRobot says on it's site about hit capping being a DPS loss. Since they are normally a solid site (even if you disagree with their results or way of handeling the outcome of results) so if they say this is what they have found, then that's the truth. I'm also saying that personally I won't use MrRobot's results like this cause I prefer to be hitcapped. I don't mind being 0,30% off or something, that's cool if the result is more DPS. 4-5%+ though, is not cool, even if it is a DPS gain.

I'll be doing a major overhaul of these 3 guides in the next couple of days, including a Mogu'Shan Vaults BiS list and a video guide, and answering a lot of questions.

Yes, Dr. Robot is telling people to reforge away all their hit. Yes, this is a dps increase when you simulate dps. No, this is not the correct message to send to players.

In reality, gearing to miss means you constantly have to be checking for missed dot's and interrupting your MG/DS channel to recast them again.

I am simming the following scale factors in ilvl 463 gear:

Int: 1
    Haste: .37
    Mastery: .348
    Hit: .345

And yet, Mr. Robot suggests that I dump all of my hit in favor of haste. The gain from doing so clearly is not going to play out in a real world scenario. Being bellow hit cap dramatically magnifies player error and thus is not worth it for the average player.

Hey everyone, I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. As you all have stated, you get more DPS for this particular spec, by gearing for your top stats, and not getting hit capped. However, we know a LOT of people really like being hit capped, so we're going to add another set of weights that tries to get you hit capped. This will not replace the current stat weights you see, instead, it will be another option that people can select from
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. As you all have stated, you get more DPS for this particular spec, by gearing for your top stats, and not getting hit capped. However, we know a LOT of people really like being hit capped, so we're going to add another set of weights that tries to get you hit capped. This will not replace the current stat weights you see, instead, it will be another option that people can select from
    Cool, just what I needed

I like the way you guys run the site, and a QoL improvement like this is awesome! Keep up the good work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I'll be doing a major overhaul of these 3 guides in the next couple of days, including a Mogu'Shan Vaults BiS list and a video guide, and answering a lot of questions.
    great! cant wait.

are people using power torrent for their enchant before jade spirit, considering windsong is worthless?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep windsong is TOTALLY useless.
    Went about 6 dungeons in a row, 0 procs.
    Enchant seems to be broken for casters.

My question: The trinket from Brewfest is better then one which drops in heroic or not?

P.S.: I'm not talking about the heal trinket on me, i just rolled on it cause nobody needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Yep windsong is TOTALLY useless.
    Went about 6 dungeons in a row, 0 procs.
    Enchant seems to be broken for casters.

My question: The trinket from Brewfest is better then one which drops in heroic or not?

P.S.: I'm not talking about the heal trinket on me, i just rolled on it cause nobody needed it.
    It goes like this(thanks to Brusalk):
    Relic of Yu'lon(DMF Card) > Zen Alchemist Stone > Vision of the Predator > Flashfrozen Resin Globule > Mithril Wristwatch

Deleted

Thanks.

Nice guide, decided to stick to Affli again after ditching destro a year ago.

Anyone have any idea what would be better in pvp, gemming pvp power (assuming 2:1 ratio on pvp power) or intellect??? Id like someone who is good at math to give me some advice

also a profession section would be nice in order of best to worst since all profs changed recently, Im hearing jc is op but I don't know if I should reroll
    Last edited by dotsown; 2012-10-01 at 08:02 PM.

Headmaster's Will, more like "Headmasters middle finger"

I have been runing about 31-32 Scholomance runs just to try and get this (would have been more if guildies wouldent need other instances hehe) and it is quite clear that it wont drop unless i am lucky.

WoWHead has seen 1 drop out of 970 runs, listing it as 0.11% chance to drop.

What is the 2:nd BiS weapon/offhand?

Also: Vithrak, Gaze of the Deadman (Ring)

WoWHead has seen 1 drop out of 1720 runs, listing it as 0.06% chance to drop.

Anyone know what the 2:nd BiS would be for the ring slot? already got Signet of the Hidden Door, would greatly appreciate info on this and also the reforges for it ^^

Oh and, wouldent Glove BiS change to be: Conflagrating Gloves if you cant get Headmaster's Will? or it would be more than 1 item that would change if i cant get headmasters and/or Vithrak?

----------------------------------

Was wondering something about how DoT's and Drain Soul and how they update with buffs. When a buff procs such as Lightweave and i then use Trinket: do i gain damage by reapplying DoT's, or do they take into account the procs, or, do i HAVE to re-apply them to get the benefit of the proc?

Drain Soul - Was wondering if i could start to Drain at lets say 20.3% HP and if Drain Soul would then update itself to do the additional 100% damage on both its hit and with the DoT's when the target goes below 20%, or if i actually HAVE to wait for the target to hit 20% exactly.
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-01 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    I have been runing about 31-32 Scholomance runs just to try and get this (would have been more if guildies wouldent need other instances hehe) and it is quite clear that it wont drop unless i am lucky.

WoWHead has seen 1 drop out of 970 runs, listing it as 0.11% chance to drop.

What is the 2:nd BiS weapon/offhand?

Also: Vithrak, Gaze of the Deadman (Ring)

WoWHead has seen 1 drop out of 1720 runs, listing it as 0.06% chance to drop.

Anyone know what the 2:nd BiS would be for the ring slot? already got Signet of the Hidden Door, would greatly appreciate info on this and also the reforges for it ^^

Oh and, wouldent Glove BiS change to be: Conflagrating Gloves if you cant get Headmaster's Will? or it would be more than 1 item that would change if i cant get headmasters and/or Vithrak?

----------------------------------

Was wondering something about how DoT's and Drain Soul and how they update with buffs. When a buff procs such as Lightweave and i then use Trinket: do i gain damage by reapplying DoT's, or do they take into account the procs, or, do i HAVE to re-apply them to get the benefit of the proc?

Drain Soul - Was wondering if i could start to Drain at lets say 20.3% HP and if Drain Soul would then update itself to do the additional 100% damage on both its hit and with the DoT's when the target goes below 20%, or if i actually HAVE to wait for the target to hit 20% exactly.
    You must reapply DoTs to gain stats from buffs. You do not for debuffs.

If you start drain souling before 20% it's damage will change automatically once you get under 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    You must reapply DoTs to gain stats from buffs. You do not for debuffs.

If you start drain souling before 20% it's damage will change automatically once you get under 20%.
    Ok, but lets say i start at 20.3% hp to drain Soul, and the mob goes to 19% before the first Tick of Drain Soul, will Drain Soul's first tick still think the mob is at 20.3% hp, and only do the additional damage on the second tick?

Sorry for asking something that might be obvious to others, but it is something that is making me pull my hair out if i dont get it answered :P
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-01 at 10:05 PM.

It's damage will change automatically?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    Ok, but lets say i start at 20.3% hp to drain Soul, and the mob goes to 19% before the first Tick of Drain Soul, will Drain Soul's first tick still think the mob is at 20.3% hp, and only do the additional damage on the second tick?

Sorry for asking something that might be obvious to others, but it is something that is making me pull my hair out if i dont get it answered :P
    There needs to be a fraction of a second to communicate that the mob is now below 20% and DS can tick for double. It's mostly in the timing of the events, if the 2 events happen too swiftly after each other then the game won't have realised yet, otherwise it will update on time and give you your double tick.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There needs to be a fraction of a second to communicate that the mob is now below 20% and DS can tick for double. It's mostly in the timing of the events, if the 2 events happen too swiftly after each other then the game won't have realised yet, otherwise it will update on time and give you your double tick.
    Ok, that explains it, thankyou.

Not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread already. But the best boots you can get pre-raid are these Sandals of the Shadow. If you do Sha of Anger he drops a quest item which give you them. It hasn't worked first week on EU before today so I bet a lot of people have missed them.

When it comes to weapons you should aim for the off-hand from Stormstout Brewery and dagger from Scholomance. If you haven't seen the wand like me then go for the dagger from Mogu'shan Palace if you have it. The 165 intellect enhant on the OH makes it superior to all heroic staves in combination with a one-hand weapon from heroics.

Also get the ring from Shado-Pan Monastery because you'll probably never see the epic ring drop before you have something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread already. But the best boots you can get pre-raid are these Sandals of the Shadow. If you do Sha of Anger he drops a quest item which give you them. It hasn't worked first week on EU before today so I bet a lot of people have missed them.

When it comes to weapons you should aim for the off-hand from Stormstout Brewery and dagger from Scholomance. If you haven't seen the wand like me then go for the dagger from Mogu'shan Palace if you have it. The 165 intellect enhant on the OH makes it superior to all heroic staves in combination with a one-hand weapon from heroics.

Also get the ring from Shado-Pan Monastery because you'll probably never see the epic ring drop before you have something better.
    That is what i currently have equiped (except for the boots since i didnt get to loot the quest item either )

Im thinking of getting the VP ring from Golden Lotus, since i am not yet honored with Shado-Pan or Celestial's. And there is no Ring for locks in Mogu'shan Vaults it seems.