Deleted
    Hello Fellwo Warlocks
    I was wondering if you may have some tricks for Garalon's encounter as affli (or you'd rather go as demo for this fight?).
    After reading info about week spots for pets on that fight yesterday went with observer instead of sacrifice version but my performance wasn't really incredible.
    Mayby someone can share his experiences from this week.
    Is observer accurate for that fight? Do you swap him between legs for all the time or rathe leave him directly on boss?
    Some pet macros? ex. /tar Garalon's leg /petattack ?
    Any tips&tricks about multidoting during encounter?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Morning all. I've recently started playing as affli more often and use GrimSac. However, I do not understand where do I look for the additional ability that I receive from sacking my demon. Could you please point me out on that one. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Morning all. I've recently started playing as affli more often and use GrimSac. However, I do not understand where do I look for the additional ability that I receive from sacking my demon. Could you please point me out on that one. Thanks.
    Called Command Demon and is at the beginning of you're spell book. Once you've actually sacced your pet, the position of the spell will remain the same in the spellbook, but the tooltip/name will change to that of the pet's ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question.
    Picking gems with 80int and 160 mastery is alot worse then pure mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-RH__DvKJ8&feature=plcp

Question.
    In case you want a quick response and don't want to watch a video trying to pick out the relevant information:

If you're affliction Int usually has around a 3.0 scale factor, and around a 1.2-1.45 scale factor for mastery.

Pure int gems yield 3*160 = 480ish
    Int/Mastery yields 3*80 + 1.45*160 = 472
    Pure mastery yields 1.45*320 = 464

It's not a huge loss, but it is a loss. The only time you should ever use pure mastery is if mastery is worth more than half the value of int in your gear. You should use int/mastery in sockets that have a bonus that makes up for the loss from just the gem. You should use pure int if the socket bonus doesn't make up the difference.

Evralia,

Any chance I could get you to post your Power Aura Imports for your intellect procs? I can't seem to get Dark Soul: Misery to work in Power Aura's for whatever reason, but I would love to use your Power Aura scripts if you don't mind posting them.

Thank you,

Nux

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    In case you want a quick response and don't want to watch a video trying to pick out the relevant information:

If you're affliction Int usually has around a 3.0 scale factor, and around a 1.2-1.45 scale factor for mastery.

Pure int gems yield 3*160 = 480ish
    Int/Mastery yields 3*80 + 1.45*160 = 472
    Pure mastery yields 1.45*320 = 464

It's not a huge loss, but it is a loss. The only time you should ever use pure mastery is if mastery is worth more than half the value of int in your gear. You should use int/mastery in sockets that have a bonus that makes up for the loss from just the gem. You should use pure int if the socket bonus doesn't make up the difference.
    So, it means that you have to stack mastery only when you hit haste breakpoint right?

So, it means that you have to stack mastery only when you hit haste breakpoint right?
    You only stack mastery through reforging (You use int+mast in yellow slots for example) when you hit a haste breakpoint, you stack mastery with gems/enchants (ilvl 480+) when mastery is simming more then half of intel is through scale factors.
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-11-15 at 08:21 PM.

I have a question and apologize if it was already answered but if you get intel procs and you want to update your DoTs to take those procs into the damage calculation will using fel flame update your DoTs or do you have to recast them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanesia View Post
    I have a question and apologize if it was already answered but if you get intel procs and you want to update your DoTs to take those procs into the damage calculation will using fel flame update your DoTs or do you have to recast them?
    The answer is yes it will, but whether or not you should is a dynamic question having to do with the current and potential dot strength and time remaining on them.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

I have two questions:

First the easy one - While spamming SoC during the first phase of Wind Lord, is it a dps gain to maintain Agony on all targets? I found it nearly impossible to keep them from dropping off, unless I focused so hard on keeping Agony at 10 stacks that I cast SoC significantly less.

*edit* I guess what I am asking is: Is trying to keep Agony up on everything really futile, or do I just need to get better?

Now for a more generalized question. On a two-target fight like Will of the Emperor gas phase (when all adds are dead), which scenario results in more dps?

Scenario 1: Pick one to maintain dots, haunt and MG/DS while keeping UA/Corruption/Agony on the off target? Would it be better to not cast UA on a second target?

Scenarion 2: Fully dot and drain one boss, and when it lines up that all your dots are about to fall at the same time, Soul Swap them off, SB:SS all your dots back on, then switch targets and Soul Swap: Exhale and drain the new target until dots dropping off lines up again and repeat. I'd imagine the dots on the "off" target would drop off.

To ask the question another way, since I'm finding it hard to be clear - Is it better to focus on one target and dot up a second, or alternate targets using a fancy switcharoo that briefly dots up both.

This is for general two-target situations, not specifically the Will of the Emperor encounter. And by drain I mean MG/DS.
    Last edited by Avido77; 2012-11-16 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avido77 View Post
    First the easy one - While spamming SoC during the first phase of Wind Lord, is it a dps gain to maintain Agony on all targets? I found it nearly impossible to keep them from dropping off, unless I focused so hard on keeping Agony at 10 stacks that I cast SoC significantly less.
    This is not really answering your question but Wind Lord isn't a DPS race. Your raid should always have a set of adds that are currently being nuked or at least prioritized.

What I do for heroic is using GoSup with the Observer constantly on the boss (because he's a boss at dispelling) and then maintain my 3 dots on the boss followed by the adds we are currently focusing while most of the time spamming SoC (soulburn to refresh corruption on all targets or apply a stronger corruption with procs) until I can drain soul below 20%. Save your DS to the his weakened phase that lasts for 30 secs.

Doing it this way I had over 300k dps on many of our pulls while at the same time doing my job. I'm pretty sure GoSup is the talent to use for Wind Lord because of the low MG uptime that we should probably stick to.

If you just want to push DPS then (I think) you should just be spamming SB:SoC all the time while dumping your excess soul shards on SB:SS. Or just go Demo...

On a two-target fight like Will of the Emperor gas phase (when all adds are dead), which scenario results in more dps?
    You want to always put your Haunts/MGs on the target that has the strongest dots up. Besides that it's basically single target rotation except you're keeping your dots on two targets instead of one. Never use Haunt if you're not planning on MG/DS the target or you know you can use it to burst something down and get them back fast (like from rages in the will of emp encounter).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    This is not really answering your question but Wind Lord isn't a DPS race. Your raid should always have a set of adds that are currently being nuked or at least prioritized.

What I do for heroic is using GoSup with the Observer constantly on the boss (because he's a boss at dispelling) and then maintain my 3 dots on the boss followed by the adds we are currently focusing while most of the time spamming SoC (soulburn to refresh corruption on all targets or apply a stronger corruption with procs) until I can drain soul below 20%. Save your DS to the his weakened phase that lasts for 30 secs.

Doing it this way I had over 300k dps on many of our pulls while at the same time doing my job. I'm pretty sure GoSup is the talent to use for Wind Lord because of the low MG uptime that we should probably stick to.

If you just want to push DPS then (I think) you should just be spamming SB:SoC all the time while dumping your excess soul shards on SB:SS. Or just go Demo...

You want to always put your Haunts/MGs on the target that has the strongest dots up. Besides that it's basically single target rotation except you're keeping your dots on two targets instead of one. Never use Haunt if you're not planning on MG/DS the target or you know you can use it to burst something down and get them back fast (like from rages in the will of emp encounter).
    Very useful advice.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 12:09 PM ----------

Guide to DPSing Imperial Vizier Zor'lok, added to front page.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Very useful advice.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 12:09 PM ----------

Guide to DPSing Imperial Vizier Zor'lok, added to front page.

Awesome video, thanks! Also I didn't know that you had to have Doomguard out before Bloodlust is cast to have him get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    Awesome video, thanks! Also I didn't know that you had to have Doomguard out before Bloodlust is cast to have him get it.
    Shouldn't make a difference.

If he's out before the bloodlust, he gets bloodlust cast on him.
    If he comes out after the bloodlust, he scales dynamically to your stats so leeches the buff from you.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I believe it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Shouldn't make a difference.

If he's out before the bloodlust, he gets bloodlust cast on him.
    If he comes out after the bloodlust, he scales dynamically to your stats so leeches the buff from you.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I believe it works?
    No, you are correct. Although it's still better to pre-summon him, since it would result in higher Bloodlust uptime with him up.

However, there seems to be something wrong here. After reading a post on EJ today and inspecting my own logs and many others, it appears Doom Guard casts a total of 17 bolts no matter when you summon him. His cast speed decreases, but he then waits in between casts to compensate. Something very buggy is going on here.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-11-17 at 10:34 PM.

hey there.

Can someone tell me the best way to be notified for when to recast dots due to a proc?

What are typical procs? I know the misery one, then its random based on your trinkets.

Are there power aura imports to set this up quickly? Use MSBT? Might seem simple for some but its id like to start planning out when to recast the dots effectively to get the benefit.

I have a affiction dot power thing going so i can tell that the power of the dots goes up but thats still not telling me when to cast.

Also does anyone here have any comments on PVP and aff? i seem to be horrible at it and flail around aimlessly

ATM i have the Soup Swap with the /cast dark soul: misery in a macro so it will cast the misery during the soul swap. This should be fine right?

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    No, you are correct. Although it's still better to pre-summon him, since it would result in higher Bloodlust uptime with him up.

However, there seems to be something wrong here. After reading a post on EJ today and inspecting my own logs and many others, it appears Doom Guard casts a total of 17 bolts no matter when you summon him. His cast speed decreases, but he then waits in between casts to compensate. Something very buggy is going on here.
    Wow. If that's the case then it sounds like we should always want to use him on pull as long as the damage is not asked for later on or a target has a damage taken debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Wow. If that's the case then it sounds like we should always want to use him on pull as long as the damage is not asked for later on or a target has a damage taken debuff.
    I would expect that the best time to use him will be sub 20% when he gets a damage boost.