Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    After the 5.1 fix I have no issues with SoC. As long as you put it on a target with full dots you don't have to tab and put it on a new target anymore.
    So on fights like Meljarak or Will of Emperor, you dont need tab every target with SOC? U just put a set full of dots on a target and spam SOC?

If it's like that it's much more easy... Tabbing SOC in 8 adds on will of emperor it's kinda annoying.

So i suppose the best way to AOE Meljarak it's put full dots on "skull" target and spam SOC until recklessness?

Well since noone answers my post about Elegon HC can someone of you guys do it, I just wanna know if they fixed Doomguard bug on Elegon or not. Or we still use Infernal?

I don't spam SoC on Wind Lord (I just keep Corruption up with it) and I don't use it at all on Will because I play 10-man and we kill the two rages when they spawn, so I can't really answer that. But on trash etc I just spam it on same target and having no issues. Maybe it has to do with gear? The damage required for it to detonate scales with SP but secondary stats give us more dot damage so it will scale ahead.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    This makes no sense. If you're spamming SoC, it doesn't matter how far away you are - as long as you're staying at the same distance, the interval between each SoC landing on the target will be the same.
    yes, but the increase flight time if you are further away gives more opportunity for your DoT's to tick. the only reason a SoC will land before the previous one detonated is if your dots havent ticked - your standing too close

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    yes, but the increase flight time if you are further away gives more opportunity for your DoT's to tick. the only reason a SoC will land before the previous one detonated is if your dots havent ticked - your standing too close
    I don't think you are understanding. If you cast 3 spells with a 2 second cast time back to back, they will all land 2 seconds apart from each other no matter how long it takes, if it takes 10 seconds, they will all land 10s after their 2s cast, so one at 12, one at 14, one at 16..

Testing on a dummy now with only DI, keeping a 30 yard distance and with all dots unbuffed (10 stacks of agony). With full PvP gear (19300 SP) I override the previous SoC about half of the times. In full PvE gear (25500 SP) I override the previous SoC about 10-20% of the times.

Edit: Yeah, lol about travel/cast time. I didn't spam back-to-back SoC's. You can ignore everything I said about the range. =P

Edit2: Basically you should make sure you spam your SoC's on at least two different targets no matter what gear you have.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-01-11 at 02:31 PM.

After the 5.1 fix I have no issues with SoC. As long as you put it on a target with full dots you don't have to tab and put it on a new target anymore.
    That probably depends on mastery. My 60% unbuffed is not enough to detonate SoC from single tick of all three dots. SoC detonation spd coeficent scales a bit better than dots, but 15% raid mastery should be enough.

Edit: Travel time does not matter, dots have base tick interval of 2 seconds and SoC has 2 seconds base cast time. They scale equally with haste. Dots are guaranteed to tick once if distance does not change.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-01-11 at 02:46 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah... wow i feel foolish!

I'm totally confused. Could you explain this to me?

They changed the damage required for SoC to detonate so now it should be enough with dots alone for it to happen. Before that if you only had dots on one target you had to force out a detonation with Fel Flame/MG to apply a new SoC.

They never changed anything, though. Any change you noticed is probably due to getting more mastery.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

That change never happened? I can swear I read about it somewhere but didn't pay much attention at that point since how rarely we spam SoC or even need to do it from the same target.

Maybe it just wasn't in the patch notes: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-16208

It went from
    When the target takes [ 1,346 + 306% of Spell Power ] total damage from the caster or dies, the seed will inflict [ 972 + 91% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage to all enemies within 15 yards of the target.
    To
    When the target takes [ 1,346 + 126% of Spell Power ] total damage from the caster or dies, the seed will inflict [ 972 + 91% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage to all enemies within 15 yards of the target.
    Which the current build has http://www.wowhead.com/spell=27243
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-01-11 at 07:11 PM.

It was never 306, it was 180, but you're right - hard to keep track of all these changes that don't make it into patch notes sometimes.

This wasn't a "fix" as much as a nerf to the periodic damage of SoC, but because the explosion trigger limit is exactly equal to the total damage of the dot component, it ends up lowering the amount of damage required.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Guys, quick help here..

is 6637 haste breakpoint buffed or non buffed (haste raid buff) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybx View Post
    Guys, quick help here..

is 6637 haste breakpoint buffed or non buffed (haste raid buff) ?

Buffed.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-01-13 at 06:28 AM.

But, erm ... doesn't that mean that when you're at 6637 (or any point at the chart) of haste with your own gear, what the raid buff brings you up to gives you those extra ticks ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    But, erm ... doesn't that mean that when you're at 6637 (or any point at the chart) of haste with your own gear, what the raid buff brings you up to gives you those extra ticks ?
    Yup. If you're in a raid, you need 6637 - if you're outside of a raid, you need the 9k.

The 5% spell haste is usually accounted for because it's such a big buff you shouldn't do any serious raiding without it.

Deleted
    Evralia you could(should?) update the original post to put the 3rd haste plateau after 4717 as the stuff is now there for some of us : 6637, so as the 4th 9211 maybe
    Last edited by mmoc60b912d8f2; 2013-01-13 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    Evralia you could(should?) update the original post to put the 3rd haste plateau after 4717 as the stuff is now there for some of us : 6637, so as the 4th 9211 maybe
    You shouldn't be paying that much attention to Haste Plateaus. The Simcraft guide embedded in the first post covers that in enough detail.

Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    If I did the math right.. in full upgraded T14 heroic BiS we would be sitting at around at 5500 mastery to reach the next haste plateau (with full hit cap). In other words it's nothing we will comfortably grab until we are starting to get close to full unupgraded T15 heroic gear.