Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MachPilot View Post
    Count,

Perfect that is what I was looking for. So I will hold haunts until I have both jade and lightweave up or a combination of two of my procs. The problem is despite running everything for months I still only have one piece of set gear. 30 rolls on sha alone including bonus coins and nothing. Having 40 sec shaved off DS would be really nice.

Doc
    rather than tell you when to use it, ill explain why so you can make your own judgement.

basically, you want to be using haunt only when you have very powerful dots, every time you use haunt on a weak proc like jade spirit, is one time when you cant use haunt on a stronger proc like LoTC or relic of yulon. you HAVE to be watching internal cooldowns and DS cooldown, try to ensure that you have 3 shards before DS comes off cd, and if both trinkets are going to be proccing with some overlap, make sure you can haunt during that time as well. just try to ensure the highest uptime of haunt during the highest dps moments

check out the 2nd post here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20226791
    (dont wanna take credit for someone else's post )
    Last edited by Viggers; 2013-02-15 at 06:42 PM.

That really helps...been digging through to find these answers....so easy to just miss an earlier post even with "search" options.

Doc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MachPilot View Post
    That really helps...been digging through to find these answers....so easy to just miss an earlier post even with "search" options.

Doc
    This is going to sound really pedantic, but could you please stop signing off every forum post with 'Doc', it's probably not against any rules but it really gets under my skin. Sorry.

Its what I do. I'm sorry you are offended. But you should work on not taking things as in-important as these forums so seriously. It really speaks volumes and not in a good way.

Lighten up a little....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I've been into serious (if never hardcore) raiding since about mid-Wrath and there's never been a point where we didn't have at least one very strong PVE spec (I can't speak for pvp at all).
    *cough*T9/T10*cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    *cough*T9/T10*cough*
    I can't remember T9 very well, but I don't remember having any trouble keeping up back in T10, even if it did feel like you had to work harder than everyone else to do it.

First i would like to thank you for teaching me how to play my lock better, your video helped me out a bunch and it even helped out a couple of guys in my raid that dont play locks but get a better graps of the fights. but i do have a few questions in you video you have your opener as pre pot, Dark soul macro, SB:SS, Huant, MG, FF, MG, Haunt, MG, MG, SB:SS, Haunt. My question is what is the Dark soul Macro you have because i cant find it anywhere or i missed it someplace. i have the SB:SS macroed

Deleted
    evralia I'm JC I need to know now what it could for the two gems Intelect 320, or 480 of mastery could help me?

Deleted
    As long as 2 mastery > 1 int would it not be better to use expertise/mastery (keen) gems in red sockets rather than int/mastery? You're trading 80 int for 160 expertise which allows you to reforge 160 hit on gear into 160 additional mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    As long as 2 mastery > 1 int would it not be better to use expertise/mastery (keen) gems in red sockets rather than int/mastery? You're trading 80 int for 160 expertise which allows you to reforge 160 hit on gear into 160 additional mastery.

I'm talking about the epic gems to the Jewelcrafting bonus gems

Deleted
    I wasn't talking to you. Though in your case it's pretty obvious - as long as mastery is worth more than 0.67 int use mastery gems, as long as it isn't, use int gems. Go sim yourself and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by six07 View Post
    evralia I'm JC I need to know now what it could for the two gems Intelect 320, or 480 of mastery could help me?
    320 Int will be better. Consider dropping JC if you play Affliction as main.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for this guide, helped me fine tune my Affliction Warlock at the start of this tier

Deleted
    A few questions regarding Affliction:

1. Below 20%, how do you manage your Shards? I always keep Haunt and my DoTs (via SB:SS), hence a rather low Drain Soul uptime (keeping up Haunt means I'll break DS every ~5 seconds to make up for Haunt's travel time; keeping my DoTs up means I have to SB:SS when UA's duration is below the duration of two DS's ticks). I usually have time for two to three ticks, and cannot break past 4 without Haunt running out.
    2. How much more potent should your DoTs be for you to refresh them with Fel Flame+Agony? Is a ~17% increase worth 2 GCDs? (Current DoTs = 100%; buffed DoTs I could apply = 117% for instance) Should I aim for 25%+ ? 40%+ is always worth a SB:SS I figured.
    3. How often do you not use GoSac? I suppose on certain encounters (I figured GoSup:FelImp on Will, GoSac:FelHunter not sacrificed during 1st phase Windlord). What about Lei-Shi? I can't seem to manage high MG uptimes on it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocfafbb943a7; 2013-02-20 at 09:26 AM. Reason: formatting

Great encounter specific guides by OP, is there a centralized set of guides for all/most of the other encounters?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't get me wrong here, read your guide and I think it's great but i'm a bit curious about your math. You say the 80 int gems becomes 84 int because of the 5% int bonus from nethermancy. I believe you are missing 10% from stats buff. That puts an int gem at 92 int instead of 84. Not only that but the sp buff that we give ourselves increases our sp by 10% which comes from your weapon and int. Because 1 point of int gives 2 points in sp (i think, could be wrong here), doesn't that make the int/mastery gem superior to the plain mastery gem. Please correct me if I am wrong, always looking at pushing more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowduler View Post
    Please don't get me wrong here, read your guide and I think it's great but i'm a bit curious about your math. You say the 80 int gems becomes 84 int because of the 5% int bonus from nethermancy. I believe you are missing 10% from stats buff. That puts an int gem at 92 int instead of 84. Not only that but the sp buff that we give ourselves increases our sp by 10% which comes from your weapon and int. Because 1 point of int gives 2 points in sp (i think, could be wrong here), doesn't that make the int/mastery gem superior to the plain mastery gem. Please correct me if I am wrong, always looking at pushing more dps.
    I'm actually pretty sure stat weights taken from SimCraft include all buffs, but I might be wrong.

Of course they do. And 1 Int = 1 SP (and some crit).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowduler View Post
    All buffs are included when stat weights are calculated. This is explained in the Simcraft guide if you take the time to watch it. Intellect gives one spellpower per point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nryka View Post
    (keeping up Haunt means I'll break DS every ~5 seconds to make up for Haunt's travel time
    .[*]How often do you not use GoSac? I suppose on certain encounters (I figured GoSup:FelImp on Will, GoSac:FelHunter not sacrificed during 1st phase Windlord). What about Lei-Shi? I can't seem to manage high MG uptimes on it.[/LIST]

Thanks.
    Haunt still receives the benefit as long as the spell leaves your hands with the debuff on the target, feel free to test on a dummy to confirm. Using it that early is only shaving off uptime.

On lei shi in particular, I dont see a reason to not use gosac. You should be inhaling your dots off lei shi at 81, 61% etc. for a 10 stack agony on the add. In addition to a high stacked debuffer, you should get at least a full mg in before inhaling again back onto lei shi. For hide your pet doesn't benefit you there anyway, and you can use demo portal for get away. If you aren't stacking, burning rush isn't too traumatic either combined with the strong healing via soul leech here.