Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It is very likely going to end up being Wushoolay's and Breath of Hydra.

I am intending to use these two. Even the lfr versions are fantastic. Cha Ye's is also good but you need something like 30% crit for it to be equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Cha Ye's is also good but you need something like 30% crit for it to be equal.
    Is that ever going to happen in TOT gear levels? I imagine reforging would restrict our crit from ever getting that high unless we aimed to get there, which doesn't sound worthwhile considering the other 2 trinkets should be much more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    the basic information in it has been kept up to date. Otherwise the guide would still very much be talking about using GoSac, and not a pet, like it is doing.
    Glyphs are out of date as well.......
    If its going to stay up as it is, it is going to cause more questions from people who don't realize that it hasn't been fully updated.
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaedchen View Post
    Possible explanations:
    1. I didnt go for the 9k hastecap but for the 6k cuz i think ill loose too much mastery with my current gear yet, although simcraft´s reforgeplot tells me consistently every time i should go for more haste - maybe the shadopan trinket gets taken into the Haste-is-a-major-dps-increase-for-me-issue in my sim in particular.
    2. the shado pan trinket obvsly proccs on icd in the sim - maybe simcraft or wowhead thinks the trinkets procs on dmg ond not on hit?
    3. im too dumb to do a proper sim - in that case feel free to make ur own with my char (Grantig, EU-Dun Morogh)
    4. my simcraft is superbroken
    5. simcraft cannot give a proper trinket-ranking - especially for affliction warlocks, because it doesnt sb:ss/haunt on trinket-proccs?
    6. trolls hacked my brain/simcraft/the world?
    1. Realistically shouldn't matter.
    2. Not that savvy to tell you the right answer for that - as far as what's been discussed it's should be modeling it properly.
    3/4. Update you Simcraft, should be build 520-3, not 520-2.
    5. Just add a line in the APL that says this:
    Code:
    actions+=/soulburn,if=(buff.dark_soul.up|buff.breath_of_the_hydra.up|buff.wushoolays_final_choice.react>7)&(dot.agony.ticks_remain<=action.agony.add_ticks%2|dot.corruption.ticks_remain<=action.corruption.add_ticks%2|dot.unstable_affliction.ticks_remain<=action.unstable_affliction.add_ticks%2)&shard_react
    Should make it check for the buffs to reapply (taken from here).

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Is that ever going to happen in TOT gear levels? I imagine reforging would restrict our crit from ever getting that high unless we aimed to get there, which doesn't sound worthwhile considering the other 2 trinkets should be much more accessible.
    I doubt Aff will ever see 30% crit, even buffed. Reforged for Destro right now and buffed I only have 22% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    Glyphs are out of date as well.......
    If its going to stay up as it is, it is going to cause more questions from people who don't realize that it hasn't been fully updated.
    Anything else?

Anything else?
    4th Tier talents changed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything else?
    Haven't had the time (or will ) to read through the entire guide fact checking, but I did notice this, in the Stats section below the stats:

the reason is that Orcs only need 14% hit to be capped when they are using a Wand
    That was fixed in 5.1, I believe and is no longer true.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That was fixed in 5.1, I believe and is no longer true.
    It is indeed no longer true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaedchen View Post
    2. the shado pan trinket obvsly proccs on icd in the sim - maybe simcraft or wowhead thinks the trinkets procs on dmg ond not on hit?
    This was the case in 520-2 and fixed in 520-3, the latest version, which has created a significant drop in uptime for rep trinket in the sim. Get latest version and try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It is very likely going to end up being Wushoolay's and Breath of Hydra. Making "BiS" lists is a very obsolete way to gauge what gear to use or have at any given period. That being said; from every sim I have ever run (and remember about) with the rep trinket it has always been worse (for me) - than any other trinket (including T14 trinkets).
    Cha with Lei Shen is actually probably going to be BiS for affliction if you run high haste. Lei Shen procs quite a bit, every 35ish seconds for single target and only gets better when you add more targets. With your dots critting every single time, and the high haste, you get an insane amount of uptime on Cha Yes. With the two together, there is no two trinket combo even close to these two together.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Cha with Lei Shen is actually probably going to be BiS for affliction if you run high haste. Lei Shen procs quite a bit, every 35ish seconds for single target and only gets better when you add more targets. With your dots critting every single time, and the high haste, you get an insane amount of uptime on Cha Yes. With the two together, there is no two trinket combo even close to these two together.
    Lei Shen is proccing around every 35 seconds for you? Last I'd checked the normal mode should be close to .525 RPPM before haste, which would, with haste, still take an average of what, 95-100 seconds per proc (by theory)? I mean, if it's proccing nearly 3x as often and it's not bugged that sounds fantastic, but I'm feeling a tad skeptical before we start looking at other trinkets based on that proc rate. Mind bringing some logs to light?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Lei Shen is proccing around every 35 seconds for you? Last I'd checked the normal mode should be close to .525 RPPM before haste, which would, with haste, still take an average of what, 95-100 seconds per proc (by theory)? I mean, if it's proccing nearly 3x as often and it's not bugged that sounds fantastic, but I'm feeling a tad skeptical before we start looking at other trinkets based on that proc rate. Mind bringing some logs to light?
    No sorry that's a typo. I should of said 45 seconds. But this is what I got for the first 5 heroic bosses, on heroic.

Jin'rohk- 51 seconds
    Horridon- 39
    Council- 36
    Tortos- 28
    Magaera- 46
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    No sorry that's a typo. I should of said 45 seconds. But this is what I got for the first 5 heroic bosses, on heroic.

Jin'rohk- 51 seconds
    Horridon- 39
    Council- 36
    Tortos- 28
    Magaera- 46
    While encouraging, that's still only 5 examples, I'll wait for more logs and people who actually have both trinkets to see if it's indeed as awesome as described. The fact there is such a large gap between your best and worst fight makes me wonder if the trinket is just that variable in practice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    This was the case in 520-2 and fixed in 520-3, the latest version, which has created a significant drop in uptime for rep trinket in the sim. Get latest version and try again.
    i did update simcraft now and simmed again - i dont want to go so far as to post these results again all over, but what's happended is that the Shado Pan trinket truly dropped, so that BotH does indeed more dmg than it, but the Shado Pan still is about 1k dmg higher than WfC. At least i can tell now, that i will go for Breath of the Hydra, but i still dunno whether WfC is any good. I got the lfr version and i think its proccs awful. i was trying it at the raider's dummy for about fifteen minutes and it had several procc streaks of about 3-4 proccs after another (with about 20sec downtime in between) but it also had two downtimes of about 3 mins+ and off course did not once procc when i had beserking up and did poorly so in dark soul phases. Of course it's great if u have a procc-streak, but having those downtimes kinda makes the dmg very unreliable and surely nothing u can ever count on for bloodlust/pull/bossphases with increased dmg like jin rokh or amber shaper or somethin like that. Nevertheless i will prlly go for WfC since u ppl here are simply my guidance and i dont trust my own judgement as much as yours combined. still - not satisfied with the trinket-situation, but thx for the help =)

10+ Year Old Account
    o.O?

Unfortunately, if it's really quite that low an interval, I've got an itchy feeling it's a bug that will get fixed, but yeah, I'd like to see more data points.

This is my proc interval with Normal Unerring Vision on our Heroic Council, 8 min 50 second kill, my gemming and reforging amounted to ~7.2k and 7.6k for haste and mastery respectively. I had 42 seconds worth of procs.

[20:02:12.660] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    [20:03:22.173] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    [20:03:45.793] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    [20:04:42.955] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    [20:04:42.955] Jetjaguar's Perfect Aim is refreshed by Jetjaguar
    [20:05:59.124] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    [20:06:00.721] Jetjaguar's Perfect Aim is refreshed by Jetjaguar
    [20:06:31.855] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    [20:06:57.996] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    [20:06:57.996] Jetjaguar's Perfect Aim is refreshed by Jetjaguar
    [20:09:58.327] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    [20:10:31.489] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    [20:10:31.489] Jetjaguar's Perfect Aim is refreshed by Jetjaguar
    [20:10:46.597] Jetjaguar gains Perfect Aim from Jetjaguar
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2013-03-21 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    This is my proc interval with Normal Unerring Vision on our Heroic Council, 8 min 50 second kill, my gemming and reforging amounted to ~7.2k and 7.6k for haste and mastery respectively. I had 42 seconds worth of procs.
    10 procs in under 9 minutes? O.o that sounds closer to 1 RPPM than 0.5. Did we miss new RPPM numbers coming forward for trinkets, or are these just really lucky parses? Are there any tools I'm not familiar with that we can use to analyze a mass of reports for uptime of Unerring Vision for bossfights only?

It seems odd that 4 times the proc overwrote itself (by the log's estimation) at the same instant it procced. Could it be counting 2 separate chances to proc at the .525 RPPM? If THAT <<<< is the behavior, I'd expect a fix, but atm I'd really like more information before I use/hold DKP :P

Edit: nevermind the statement about two .525 RPPM proc settings. That wouldn't cause SO MANY overlapping instantaneous procs at that low a rate. At least, not realistically. Not sure why it's showing that way in the log, but it's probably not significant. Still, 10 procs!
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-03-21 at 07:52 AM.

I was Demo for our H Council kill and I had normal Unerring Vision. For more data here is my gains/refreshes of Perfect Aim over our 7:50ish kill:

[23:26:08.554] Brusalk gains Perfect Aim from Brusalk
    [23:26:33.053] Brusalk gains Perfect Aim from Brusalk
    [23:26:51.579] Brusalk gains Perfect Aim from Brusalk
    [23:28:55.707] Brusalk gains Perfect Aim from Brusalk
    [23:30:41.277] Brusalk gains Perfect Aim from Brusalk
    [23:30:50.537] Brusalk gains Perfect Aim from Brusalk
    [23:31:11.467] Brusalk gains Perfect Aim from Brusalk
    [23:32:19.149] Brusalk gains Perfect Aim from Brusalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    That's all you had? 14 for me. One 8 min 3 second attempt, 15 procs. No heavy multi dotting if you are familiar with the fight.

Agony 533 hits, 410 crits
    UA 386 hits, 303 crits
    Corruption 480 hits, 319 crits.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2013-03-21 at 09:52 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Deleted
    Well, that's not broken at all