Deleted
    ah that makes a bit more sense and doesnt make it sound so extremely good, its amazing what a missed comma can do to a sentance lol.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    ah that makes a bit more sense and doesnt make it sound so extremely good, its amazing what a missed comma can do to a sentance lol.
    Oh quite so. WTB Grammar check on my phone!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    that was kinda my point, evralia. i know the formula very well for cha-ye, and what i wrote is sound mathematically, 100% crit chance, wont give you 100% uptime on it, atleast not according to its formula. Woz makes it sound like it procs everytime you crit, and it wont, by that account breath of the hydra would proc all the time, since ALL your dmg is periodic dmg.

Edit: ok did the math from my previous statement, and i was sorta wrong, it doesnt add 0,8085 as i claimed(well technically it does, just b4 you multiply the haste in the equation and not after), assuming 20% crit with 40% haste the 100% crit chance trinket changes cha-ye's rppm from 1,358 to 2,49 for 4 secs,
    What can happen is that this quick but big "bump" of the trinket's RPPM rate will put you in the "bad streak protection", thus mkaing your chances at a proc even higher (than the expected ~70% bump from going from 20% crit to 100% crit).

On a side note, you might have witnessed that same effect with dark soul and/or bloodlust and/or LMG : it's quite frequent to have most RPPM effects proc right when you pop DS, especially if you cast it as a reaction to bloodlust.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

Just received Unerring Vision tonight and was expecting Glyph of Everlasting Affliction to be pretty common amongst ranked affliction players, similar to how it is for demonology. However, it seems very few if any are using this glyph with UVLS+Affliction. Can someone explain why it would not be better than some of the other more commonly picked glyphs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    Just received Unerring Vision tonight and was expecting Glyph of Everlasting Affliction to be pretty common amongst ranked affliction players, similar to how it is for demonology. However, it seems very few if any are using this glyph with UVLS+Affliction. Can someone explain why it would not be better than some of the other more commonly picked glyphs?
    It is not really better for Demo to use Everlasting Affliction, only really on Council :P

The reason (for affliction) is that it reduces the dmg your dots deal, and since it reduces the dmg, it also reduces the dmg from MG - Meaning basicly its a 20% nerf on dmg. Yes you can roll higher proc' dots, and use less gcd - but this is not enough to outweight it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    It is not really better for Demo to use Everlasting Affliction, only really on Council :P

The reason (for affliction) is that it reduces the dmg your dots deal, and since it reduces the dmg, it also reduces the dmg from MG - Meaning basicly its a 20% nerf on dmg. Yes you can roll higher proc' dots, and use less gcd - but this is not enough to outweight it.
    It's a single target increase for demo with uvls.

It's a dps increase single target for demo according to sims because it helps eliminate both bad and good RNG. Basically you're vastly increasing your chances of having a UVLS proc per doom, which is great on a fight like council cause you're juggling multiple crit dooms and you want to maximize the uptime of crit dooms. Unglyphed UVLS Demo that gets 1 proc per doom cast is always going to be better than glyphed UVLS demo, the idea behind the glyph is that you might not always get UVLS proc for every doom, so you're diminishing bad RNG at the price of good RNG as well

Deleted
    549ilvl UVLS might have big enough procrate to make it worth not glyphing EA
    Last edited by mmoc047901df21; 2013-05-03 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    549ilvl UVLS might have big enough procrate to make it worth not glyphing EA
    The opposite.. A higher proc chance means you have more chances to refresh doom in a fight. At that point it might be most beneficial to stack haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    The opposite.. A higher proc chance means you have more chances to refresh doom in a fight. At that point it might be most beneficial to stack haste.
    I think that was his point though. If you have more procs and have more chances to refresh Doom, then you can afford to take the 20% additional dot damage because it's less likely that you will go more than 90 seconds without a proc. The whole point of the EA glyph on single target is because with the 522 version (can't speak for higher ones) you frequently go longer than 90 seconds without a proc so you want to give yourself the additional time of full crit Doom. Even so, given the amount of damage the imps do vs. the amount of damage done by Doom, the risk of having to apply a non-crit Doom would have to be extremely low to justify taking the additional 20% DoT damage; I am not sure even with a 549 version that it would be worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    You totally misunderstood his point. He's saying that there could be a point where the trinket procs so frequently that there is no need to glyph EA, as you will never go a minute and a half without a proc.

Sorry in advance because I couldn't sort through 100+ pages of posts hehehe

Anyhow, I am an affliction warlock and before last night I have about 54% mastery along with 6654 haste for the break point. I just obtained the Shadow-Pan trinket so I am thinking about re-gemming all my hit+haste gems for hit+mastery and then straight haste gems for straight mastery as the proc on the SP trinket gives 8800 haste. And if you're curious as to why I want to keep hit close to cap is because I've missed....a lot....in the past lol

Here's my armory for reference. I am still learning as I go along and adjusting my stats as I see fit based on the encounters and how comfortable I feel executing my spells.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mster/advanced

Thank you in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this the wrong place to discuss UVLS for demonology? There's a thread over here in the stickies that just might have discussed it and the EA glyph already. Just thought I'd point that out.

As for Aff, I'm pretty sure it'll never be a good idea to use EA. The strongest dots I've gotten to apply are ~326% of normal power, which, with EA, would be all of 260.8% of what is normal without EA. In order for losing that much power to be beneficial, you'd need to be supercharging dots in relatively short windows; power needs to go up an average of 25% over the course of the encounter to make it worthwhile (before extra GCDs? so probably 20-21%). Given the power of procs and their frequency right now, I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammy View Post
    Sorry in advance because I couldn't sort through 100+ pages of posts hehehe

Anyhow, I am an affliction warlock and before last night I have about 54% mastery along with 6654 haste for the break point. I just obtained the Shadow-Pan trinket so I am thinking about re-gemming all my hit+haste gems for hit+mastery and then straight haste gems for straight mastery as the proc on the SP trinket gives 8800 haste. And if you're curious as to why I want to keep hit close to cap is because I've missed....a lot....in the past lol

Here's my armory for reference. I am still learning as I go along and adjusting my stats as I see fit based on the encounters and how comfortable I feel executing my spells.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mster/advanced

Thank you in advance.
    Haste gems, then use reforgelite to do Haste (6637) > Hit > Mastery.

You don't have RPPM Meta or trinkets so haste won't be as highly valued as it would for other locks.

Deleted
    How much dps loss would it be to use GoServ instead of GoSup?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahalek View Post
    How much dps loss would it be to use GoServ instead of GoSup?
    You should Simcraft it yourself and find out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    You should Simcraft it yourself and find out
    Yeah forgot about that. Haven't experimented much with simcraft myself, just heard that it's been a bit incorrect for demo so I just ended up not really using it (demo is my main spec).

Doesn't seem to be that much of a loss, but then again I'm at very low haste, if it would matter.

is there a certain amount of haste i should be aiming to have with the legendary meta as aff?

Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    is there a certain amount of haste i should be aiming to have with the legendary meta as aff?
    If you also have 2 RPPM trinkets, then just stack as much as you can.

Just coming back to affliction after a couple months of destro. I have legendary meta and a two rppm trinkets but am not sure about gosupp vs gosac. For single target, gosupp appears the obvious choice but at what X number of mobs is gosac better? Or is it certain fights where gosac is the choice talent or just stick with gosupp?