Wrong thread. This is 5.4 mechanics and theorycrafting. Any talk of balances and changes should be in here
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    if they did that aff would be very clunky and slow to build up. also our individual dots don't do very much dmg its only because we have 3 of them that we can swap onto targets instantly that make it OP. they would needa re-balance everything. I don't think the direction they're moving with aff now is bad. i'm just skeptical on whether or not they're going to balance it properly with the removal of snapshotting.
    By removing dot snapshotting they are pretty much removing everything that's currently fun with Soulburn/Soul Swap.

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Wrong thread. This is 5.4 mechanics and theorycrafting. Any talk of balances and changes should be in here
    Nobody likes a backseat mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    By removing dot snapshotting they are pretty much removing everything that's currently fun with Soulburn/Soul Swap.

Nobody likes a backseat mod.

I disagree, you can still get all the fun things out of soulburn/soulswap without snapshotting. It just wont be insanely overpowered and cause us to spam 1 button on any fight with adds. Which in my opinion is boring as fuck.

With the removal of snapshotting we'll swap our dots to the target and be done with it, rather than sitting there bouncing it back and forth spending 1 gcd in between. I'm actually quite looking forward to it.

Also, thats not true, I like cabana

Deleted
    Just a quick question I'm currently using the macro, /cast [nochanneling:Malefic Grasp] Malefic Grasp, for malefic grasp and wondering whether malefic grasp has 3 or 4 ticks (a tick when malefic grasp ends) i.e should I be refreshing the channel after the third tick?

Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    Just a quick question I'm currently using the macro, /cast [nochanneling:Malefic Grasp] Malefic Grasp, for malefic grasp and wondering whether malefic grasp has 3 or 4 ticks (a tick when malefic grasp ends) i.e should I be refreshing the channel after the third tick?
    If you're using that macro you literally cannot cast MG before the channel ends. You should note as well that there's literally no reason to use that macro as you can cast a channel before the previous channel's last tick happens and lose no time or ticks to latency, as you would with that macro. Channels function essentially identically to DoTs and benefit from haste snapshotting as well as a DoTs extension properties.

To answer your question, I think it has 4 IIRC but will go up to 5 per channel if you recast MG while it's still being channeled.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2014-04-16 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    If you're using that macro you literally cannot cast MG before the channel ends. You should note as well that there's literally no reason to use that macro as you can cast a channel before the previous channel's last tick happens and lose no time or ticks to latency, as you would with that macro. Channels function essentially identically to DoTs and benefit from haste snapshotting as well as a DoTs extension properties.

To answer your question, I think it has 4 IIRC but will go up to 5 per channel if you recast MG while it's still being channeled.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    "Yep, yep, yep!
    Ohai Cebel.

Deleted
    Thanks for the information changed my macro and hit 400k on malk today

Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    Thanks for the information changed my macro and hit 400k on malk today
    Grats! Glad to help.

Quick question, since i dont want to open a new topic and didnt manage to find answer for it.

I just dusted off my lock on 80 and leveled it to 90 as Destro, but it seeems sooo boooring. I've read somewhere Destro is the best spec for lower level of gear.
    So my question at what iLvl i should look to get and switch to Affliction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can switch to Affliction on bosses which favor Affliction more than destro. Example: Protectors , Iron juggernaut(short fight) , Dark shamans, Nazgrim, Malkrok(short fight).
    That said, you need Metagem, BBoY, and 9778+ haste(without gemming out of mastery) for Affliction to do any decent damage. I suggest you to switch between destro and affli around 555-560ilvl to compare the damage.
    Destro is still very strong, even in BiS gear.
    Last edited by Alyzyr; 2014-04-23 at 11:15 PM.

I've recently obtained BBoY LFR version and oh boy, the happiness when your 10 stacks line with other procs such as triple windsong & other haste thinkets... the dots are ridiculously powerful, even for a 508 ilvl version of them :P

Might be a stupid question, but I just want to make sure - first time playing a warlock, always been a rogue / deathknight. Let's say you get monster dots at the pull and want to keep them for as long as possible on single target fights, there's like 3-4 seconds of them remaining and there are no trinket procs - is it better to let the powerful ones just expire and then reapply the weaker ones, or by casting a dot while it's not yet worn off it will refresh the duration of the current one, but preserve it's power? It's a dumb question, I've realized just now and already got my answer, but you know, paranoia and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    I've recently obtained BBoY LFR version and oh boy, the happiness when your 10 stacks line with other procs such as triple windsong & other haste thinkets... the dots are ridiculously powerful, even for a 508 ilvl version of them :P

Might be a stupid question, but I just want to make sure - first time playing a warlock, always been a rogue / deathknight. Let's say you get monster dots at the pull and want to keep them for as long as possible on single target fights, there's like 3-4 seconds of them remaining and there are no trinket procs - is it better to let the powerful ones just expire and then reapply the weaker ones, or by casting a dot while it's not yet worn off it will refresh the duration of the current one, but preserve it's power? It's a dumb question, I've realized just now and already got my answer, but you know, paranoia and all...

Taken from icy-veins.

The implication of Pandemic and the fact that DoTs benefit from your statistics as they were when you applied them is that whenever a DoT has less than 50% of its normal duration remaining, you should refresh it, if you have better statistics than when you cast it (trinket proc, Dark Soul, potion, encounter-specific buff, etc.). Otherwise, refresh the DoT when it is about to expire
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Taken from icy-veins.

The implication of Pandemic and the fact that DoTs benefit from your statistics as they were when you applied them is that whenever a DoT has less than 50% of its normal duration remaining, you should refresh it, if you have better statistics than when you cast it (trinket proc, Dark Soul, potion, encounter-specific buff, etc.). Otherwise, refresh the DoT when it is about to expire
    Alrighty, so this is pretty much what I already knew, but just wanted to be sure :P Another question, this time a bit destro related, but snapshotting somehow applies to it too, I guess.

Here's the situation: 10 stacks of BBOY, 2 secs left and I start casting chaos bolt - will the chaos bolt still be 10stacks buffed when it's cast finishes?(3-4 seconds, so it's a second or two after BBOY expires)

Won't be buffed.
    It "looks" at your stats when the cast ends, not when it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Won't be buffed.
    It "looks" at your stats when the cast ends, not when it starts.
    Oh my, that's a bummer. Well, that means I'll have to time my chaos bolts better when using BBoY. Thanks for the help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyzyr View Post
    You can switch to Affliction on bosses which favor Affliction more than destro. Example: Protectors , Iron juggernaut(short fight) , Dark shamans, Nazgrim, Malkrok(short fight).
    That said, you need Metagem, BBoY, and 9778+ haste(without gemming out of mastery) for Affliction to do any decent damage. I suggest you to switch between destro and affli around 555-560ilvl to compare the damage.
    Destro is still very strong, even in BiS gear.
    I don't think it's entirely fair to say all of those fights favor affliction. Shadowburn potential on Malkorok and Nazgrim (especially on 10-man) definitely has Destruction as my favorite in a numbers match at 560 ilvl. You also don't "need BBoY" by any means, it's just the icing on the cake once you have all the other pieces falling into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    Oh my, that's a bummer. Well, that means I'll have to time my chaos bolts better when using BBoY. Thanks for the help.
    Typically you want to start casting CB at 4 and 7 stacks if you have 2 embers going into your BBoY proc, assuming you're playing with reasonable levels of haste.

is aff with mannoroths fury viable for h shams or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    is aff with mannoroths fury viable for h shams or no?
    Absolutely no reason to use that talent on that fight when so many other classes and specs are so well-equipped to dealing with the adds already. Play to affliction's strengths and use the adds to keep near 100% Haunt uptime on the boss(es).

its only good if ur group has low slime dmg otherwise just use kjc
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins