ToES 10m is the best environment to test raid like results.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Deleted
    I can't get it to work anymore either. The problem for me is that the icd-trinkets (cleave-trinket and PBoI) won't procc off soul shatter anymore. rppm-trinkets still procc shortly after swapping and pulling the boss.

edit: forget it, it just worked. Only took like forever to finally procc.
    Right now I just use PBoI and cleave for the pull and swap cleave for BBoY on pull. So if it doesn't work, PBoI will still get off and I end up with a perfectly normal working PBoI + BBoY setup as a "worst case" scenario.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2014-06-26 at 09:36 PM.

What are the best professions for Affliction? Engineering appears to be the obvious winner but between Tailoring and Herbalism which one comes out ahead? Also does anyone know if it's possible to make the camera not automatically reposition when you channel malefic grasp?
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-06-29 at 11:32 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    What are the best professions for Affliction? Engineering appears to be the obvious winner but between Tailoring and Herbalism which one comes out ahead? Also does anyone know if it's possible to make the camera not automatically reposition when you channel malefic grasp?
    YOU ARE WELCOME.

/console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0
    To be honest there are some many RNG factors in any given pull that it doesn't matter which of the two your choose. As long as you aren't taking mining or skinning you are okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    YOU ARE WELCOME.
    Thanks a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    To be honest there are some many RNG factors in any given pull that it doesn't matter which of the two your choose. As long as you aren't taking mining or skinning you are okay.
    Professions have a very low impact at the end of an expansion because of the small stat gain compared to gear.

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    I recorded a video using the triple trinket trick if anyone wants to see it in action.

http://www.twitch.tv/heyimcabana/c/4498284
    hey whats that addon you are useing to track you'r dots?

Quote Originally Posted by banditss View Post
    hey whats that addon you are useing to track you'r dots?
    Needtoknow, you can private message and I can send you all the coding if you ever download it.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

I need some advice. I have played Destro for most of MoP, but want to try Affliction again. At 583 gear level, what are the stat priorities.Also, is it better to refresh your DoTs over using MG? I am looking at H protectors.

not sure what u mean by refreshing dots. right now affliction multidotting is based on snapshotting procs and extending them using soulswap. which extends dots by about 2 seconds each time. Basically u get ur dots snapshotted with your procs then you keep soulswapping them onto other targets even if they already have dots applied. But after u inhale your dots use a gcd or 2 mg ticks before you exhale the dots onto another target. Its a dps increase whenever you have dots snapshotted with procs over using mg even if there is only two targets. http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins/c/4124598 an old vod but it'll show u what i'm talking about.
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Thanks that was what I was asking. So basically. SB then SS to get the DoT's up, cast Haunt, then recast once all procs up then SS those DoT's onto the other targets.

Is mastery still top stat for affliction?

yeah mastery > haste > crit. there is a 13737 haste breakpoint that most people say is valued more than mastery but i'm skeptical of that since most of the time we end up recasting dots before it even reaches those ticks. you soulswap those dots around for as long as u can since those dots are with all ur procs, CDs and BL. The point is if you inhale dots that are 15 seconds in duration and hold them for two seconds before exhaling them onto another target they will still be at 15 seconds on the new target but 13 seconds on the target you inhale the dots from. so basically you do that for as long as possible since that dots are literally 8-9 times as strong as ur unbuffed dots. By doing that dots that are typically 30 seconds in duration end up lasting for around 90 seconds. so since those opening dots are 8-9 times as strong as ur unbuffed dots u win at the game. this guide might be able to explain it better than i can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXymugBjoJQ
    Last edited by yoloswagginz; 2014-07-21 at 07:31 PM.
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Deleted
    well chances are you'll go way above the 13737 anyway due to gear. also one of the reasons why the 13737 is so valued is bcoz it gives an extra tick to corruption which means a slightly increase shard generations due to more chances for nightfall procs within its duration, after all getting 13 chances for a nightfall proc is better than getting 12 chances, right? in an 8 min fight that will account for about 3 extra shards that you can use for haunts, you'll certainly be annoyed when you have super dots up and dont have enough shards to take full advantage of them, ofc this is assuming 100% uptime on corruption.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2014-07-21 at 10:48 PM.

Man, just switched back to Afflic and it feels like a completely diff spec compared to when I was last fulltime Afflic in t14. Dabbled with it a bit in ToT but was almost entirely Demo that tier because of UVLS.

My natural haste from gear is at an odd point. I'm at like 10.3k or something haste going mastery > haste > crit, but even if I switch to haste > mastery reforging I'm just slightly below the next breakpoint (12439 for +3 ticks of UA). So I'm not sure whether I'll stick with full mastery then haste, or switch out a gem to hit 12439.

I really like the idea of being at a breakpoint for UA so its duration is as long as possible (that's still how dots work, right ? As you approach the breakpoints, the ticks speed up, then when the new tick is added it's at full duration again ? man I've become such a 'lock noob this xpac ... it's a wonder I can still do decent dps when I'm constantly forgetting our basic mechanics, haha ...)

My main concern tho is the drop in survivability. Soul leech builds up sooo fast for Destro, and Ember Tap is an awesome "oh shit" button. But Drain Soul as an execute is simply one of my favorite damn things in the game, and it feels like t14 when I was last fulltime Afflic was way too long ago.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well chances are you'll go way above the 13737 anyway due to gear. also one of the reasons why the 13737 is so valued is bcoz it gives an extra tick to corruption which means a slightly increase shard generations due to more chances for nightfall procs within its duration, after all getting 13 chances for a nightfall proc is better than getting 12 chances, right? in an 8 min fight that will account for about 3 extra shards that you can use for haunts, you'll certainly be annoyed when you have super dots up and dont have enough shards to take full advantage of them, ofc this is assuming 100% uptime on corruption.
    Haste scales more or less linearly; every point of haste you get increases the rate at which your DoTs tick. 13737 is the point at which you can a single extra tick over the course of an entire corruption, but since you will let corruption fall off very, very rarely this is a more or less negligible benefit. If you have to lose mastery to hit a breakpoint then it's guaranteed not worth it as affliction.

thanks yolo
    Last edited by newbb; 2014-07-24 at 07:02 PM.

check it msgs dont like posting things like this public

Honestly everyone who looks at haste breakpoints, especially 13737 breakpoint, is kind of retarded and doesn't understand how breakpoints work.

1. You should always look at "extended affect". If you get a trinket or meta proc what do you do? You refresh your dot which gives "extended affect" via PANDEMIC. Meaning you should be looking at 14,583 breakpoints.

2. Majority of the time when you have dots up there's some kind of haste buff. Meta proc, DS, bloodlust. This completely throws off your breakpoints. Under these conditions you would want 15508 haste.

The point is that haste breakpoints currently scale more linearly compared to previous expansions. Don't worry about it, just maximize haste/mastery and 4 pc is shit.

So, I have the basic idea of the advanced soulswapping down (I think) but geeez it is no easy feat to pull off.

Correct me if I'm wrong on how it works, using this hypothetical scenario:

You put super-buffed dots on target A, then Inhale them ... hold onto them until last possible moment and exhale on target B.
    Immediately Inhale from B, wait until last possible moment and put them back on A.

-
    It looks like the Inhale/Exhale time starts from the moment you Inhale (please correct me if I'm wrong on this), so in reality you have two seconds to put them on B. Meaning, say, an initial dot on A with 20 sec duration will have ticked down to about 16 seconds when you Exhale it back onto A from B with like 18 seconds, but at the same power level.

So, in effect, with two targets you can double the length of your initial super dots ? But the impression I'm getting from some of these posts is you can extend it even longer. I'm guessing somehow you're able to lose less time than I'm thinking you lose. But even shooting for my lower uptime I'm having a hard time maintaining it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

If you do exactly as you say you can keep Agony for 1m 50 to 2minutes. UA falls like 1m 10ish i think and corr is like 1m 30ish.

You only lose less than a sec per swap.

You make your dots last like 2 to 2.5 sec longer per swap you hold max duration.