Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes but it gives you back a lot of mana, since you aren't casting it for 3 seconds like with a Chaos Bolt.
    Anyway even if there is no mana concern you would be better off waiting for buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I really don't think this is the way to go. You would probably do more damage by keeping them (maximum possible without being OOM or ember capped) until you have buffs like Dark Soul/Use trinkets... Plus if you use all 4 in a row you might end up being OOM.
    You won't OOM by using back-to-back Shadowburns. When you overwrite the Shadowburn debuff, you gain 15% mana just as if the debuff had naturally fallen off.

Quote Originally Posted by Biiru View Post
    what about the boa staff crafted by inscription?
    I did not include stuff that requires you to be a specific profession in the BiS list, and most won't be levelling two characters in week one.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-08-19 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks for getting this together.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I did not include stuff that requires you to be a specific profession in the BiS list, and most won't be levelling two characters in week one.
    In light of several requests I'll be putting together a guide showing the perks of profession-based items that may be worth getting. Will release some time this week.

Is the Glyph of Demon Training any good for Destro? It seems like it might be the only other glyph we could get anything positive out of.

Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    Is the Glyph of Demon Training any good for Destro? It seems like it might be the only other glyph we could get anything positive out of.
    Not unless we find any reason to use the Imp instead of the Succubus, and currently that's not the case.

Also, this is now updated for the latest build.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-08-23 at 08:29 PM.

So, will destro be using Succubus, or Fel Hunter like you said in the guide?

Also, is Harvest Life any good in AoE situations? Watched a video which praised it to high heavens, but it might be too old to be accurate?

Edit: Also, how far behind affli/demo is destro?

Yours truely,
    the noob who didnt manage to get access to beta.
    Last edited by Bapu; 2012-08-25 at 12:29 PM.

Not unless we find any reason to use the Imp instead of the Succubus, and currently that's not the case.

Also, this is now updated for the latest build.
    Thought over my post again, does that glyph even work with the upgraded demons?

Also I remember seeing some logs linked in the State of Destro thread that pointed to the Imp being slightly better?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
    So, will destro be using Succubus, or Fel Hunter like you said in the guide?

Also, is Harvest Life any good in AoE situations? Watched a video which praised it to high heavens, but it might be too old to be accurate?

Edit: Also, how far behind affli/demo is destro?

Yours truely,
    the noob who didnt manage to get access to beta.
    Observer (Felhunter with supremacy), although GrimSac may be better at 85.

I haven't been able to personally test Harvest Life as Destruction, but my understanding is that it's not something you want to be using unless you're Demo.

How far behind is something of a hot topic right now. Simcraft tests show that it's significantly behind the other two specs right now, but Blizzard claims their numbers indicate otherwise. Affliction is dominating it in Tier 14 content in general though, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-08-26 at 12:59 PM.

why is Expertise on the list ?
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    Expertise is like Hit for casters now, meaning you can have an item with Hit rating and still reforge the other stat as Exp.

It's writen in the guide if you had read it : "Expertise increases your Spell Hit at the same rate as Hit does. You can use a combination of Hit and Expertise to reach the hit cap."
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-08-27 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Expertise is like Hit for casters now, meaning you can have an item with Hit rating and still reforge the other stat as Exp.

It's writen in the guide if you had read it : "Expertise increases your Spell Hit at the same rate as Hit does. You can use a combination of Hit and Expertise to reach the hit cap."
    i was just wondering because i thought we getting expertise on our gear, i was like WTH ?!?

didnt think about reforge.
    Be feared, or be fuel

I've read several places about the different Grimoire's having different DPS rates, Icyviens says service, Noxxic says supremacy, here it says supremacy but says sacrifice may be better at 85, at this point is there a clear cut winner at level 85? I personally hope GoSac is King for destro, brings back fond memories of 0/21/40 but with a twist. may the fire lock reign supreme this Expac.
    Last edited by Creepjack01; 2012-08-28 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack01 View Post
    I've read several places about the different Grimoire's having different DPS rates, Icyviens says service, Noxxic says supremacy, here it says supremacy but says sacrifice may be better at 85, at this point is there a clear cut winner at level 85? I personally hope GoSac is King for destro, brings back fond memories of 0/21/40 but with a twist. may the fire lock reign supreme this Expac.
    Sacrifice is a tiny, tiny, tiny bit better than Observer at 85. There is less than a 1k dps difference between the three for Destruction.

Sacrifice is a tiny, tiny, tiny bit better than Observer at 85. There is less than a 1k dps difference between the three for Destruction.
    Wouldn't sac just be easier though? You kill your pet, then don't have to care about it again till after either the boss is dead, or you are.

How much dps are you losing using Fel Imp with Glyph of Demon Training?

Apparantly, Icy Veins is saying that Grimoire of Service is actually the best tier 5 talent atm. Source (http://www.icy-veins.com/demonology-warlock-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities#demon-hunting):
    Currently, the talents are tuned in such a way that Grimoire of Service is the best Tier 5 talent and will be the default choice for Destruction Warlocks.
    This confuses me however since the only 2 options being discussed in this thread are GoSac and GoSup. Are they making wild assumptions, or maybe GoServ is only the best option at 90, ... ? I really hope GoSac is the way to go for 85 now though, just did Spine of Deathwing and for some reason my pet kept dying and dying over and over again. >_>

The guides from Icy Veins are a mess. Sacrifice is the best simming Grimoire for Destruction, although a few days ago it was Supremacy.

Alright, thanks for making that clear, I already thought it smelt kinda fishy.