Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    this

or better yet, i wish each spec would have its strengths on certain fights...

right now the only fight where destro seems better than afflic is heroic tsulong, and that really depends on your comp/strat and how fast the adds die... every other fight it's behind afflic (according to wol) although on some fights it is almost as high

i wish destro would pull much further ahead on cleave fights, while afflic still remains king on single target, demo on aoe...
    Perhaps they will nerf affliction or give destro some buff.
    As for me, i'm sick and tired of playing affliction and will focus on destro.
    (Yeah yeah, green fire also is the reason)

Deleted
    We killed Sha of Fear 25H last night but unfortunately I can't make a video right now since my Sony Vegas trial is expired ~~ (v9.0c ftw)

The spec is awesome in P2, I did 200k DPS (180k overall with P1) which is a lot more than the 2nd of my guild (log : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11103&e=11929). Just a few advices for those wanting to try Destro on this encounter :

- Take KJC until you get to your first P2 of each night, then switch to MF when you have the buff (and will likely get to P2 almost every time)
    - In P1 on the main platform you can RoF/Havoc (on the boss) the adds to gain a lot of embers. They are immune from the front and I suspect you can't crit with the Havoc'ed spells if you get a deflect (i.e no double ember) so you should try to go behind them, same with RoF I don't know if you get embers from the front (yeah I could have tested that during all those wipes ~~). Be sure to place your teleport in the safe zone, the CD will be available every time you need it.
    - Have the add-on "Sha of Fear assist" for the platforms obviously (I suggest the "minimal movement" mode). If you aren't in a urge to kill the miniboss, keep your embers & dark soul so that you can nuke the boss afterwards (+60% damage buff).
    - If your Dark Soul is available during the transition to P2 (you should try to have it), cast it just when you arrive in the blue realm : its cooldown will reset 2 sec after.
    - With MF in P2 if you have similar positions as ours, you should be able to RoF the boss and all the adds permanently with only one RoF.
    - There will be a lot of executes throughout the phase, try to get your embers back of course
    - During the boss execute phase you will have a lot of adds, you can target the boss with your FnBs and include Shadowburns between 2 or 3 FnBs, since you will gain far more embers than you spend
    - The flames around you because of your embers will almost cover the blue aura of the P2 debuff, be careful with it

Overall the T14 was awesome, as was this new spec, definitely looking forward for T15 which seems to include a lot of multi-targets fights

Edit: In fact after browsing all the top guilds WoLs and comparing the DPS in Phase 2, Destruction is probably the best spec of the game for this fight (by like 40-50k) and nobody uses it as always
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-12-29 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz there.
    Question:
    Should I spam all 4 shadowburns instantly or wait for debuff to fade then fire another one?

Deleted
    You can spam them (if you have nice buffs for example), if you erase the debuff you gain the mana instantly.

Zumzum, could you upload your Videos on warcraftmovies.com , or a 2. version without sound/music? Cant watch any of them because of copyright infringement in my country. Not even proxys work anymore. But im tempted to go destro and would love to see those vids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    You can spam them (if you have nice buffs for example), if you erase the debuff you gain the mana instantly.
    Thx.
    And furthermore, is it better to stack up embers in order to launch 4 chaos bolts instantly or just launch it when u got it?

Deleted
    I like how you said you were going to cast "4 Chaos Bolts instantly"

But seriously you don't want to use an Ember as soon as you get it, but you don't necessarily need to wait for 4 Embers either.
    You have to wait for your buffs (Dark Soul, trinkets...) to use them, but you will generate more than 4 Embers between two Dark Souls, so you have to use some before, cleverly. I suppose Brusalk's video (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ips-and-Tricks) covers this matter as it isn't all that simple, check it out.

@Apero: I will try to upload one on WM.

Thats nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you said you were going to cast "4 Chaos Bolts instantly"

But seriously you don't want to use an Ember as soon as you get it, but you don't necessarily need to wait for 4 Embers either.
    You have to wait for your buffs (Dark Soul, trinkets...) to use them, but you will generate more than 4 Embers between two Dark Souls, so you have to use some before, cleverly. I suppose Brusalk's video (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ips-and-Tricks) covers this matter as it isn't all that simple, check it out.

Yeah, I guess i misstyped that one
    Considering BiS Gear for Destro lock, could you please make it?

Hey all. Just to follow-up on my previous question (GoSac vs GoSup), as demo I currently go Hit cap (Or close to it, sometimes I sit at 12% or so that way I can still reliably hit adds), 4717 haste, and then the rest in mastery, with crit being my last stat in my priority (Though with 4pc mastery and crit MAY be flipped, just got it so testing out)

If I'm keeping my gear reforged/gemmed towards "12-15% hit > Haste (Up to 4717) > Mastery > Crit" and I'm only going destro on add fights (H Un'Sok, for example), would it be better to go GoSup or GoSac? Because it won't be optimally geared in either case, but I'm hearing that GoSac is considerably ahead on cleave/add fights.

What about in the case of 12-15% hit > Haste (4717) > crit > mastery?

Zurrak this is destruction thread. Anyway, reading your post I remembered again why I cannot play at the moment any other spec even for specific fights. Gemming/reforging towards mastery makes the gear inappropriate for other specs that need the haste. Unless you play destro as GoSup with haste.

Deleted
    Here is my video of the Sha of Fear 25H : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSBAZyub2hE (not available in Germany again, you might want to consider moving to another place )
    Phase 2 of this fight is really the perfect example of Destruction working great in real situations

Warning : it lasts 20 minutes, you might fall asleep !

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope stayed awake just fine. Nice vid

Here is my video of the Sha of Fear 25H : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSBAZyub2hE (not available in Germany again, you might want to consider moving to another place )
    Just gimme different music

But, i found a way to watch them. Even without using proxxys, so i m good :P

Phase 2 of this fight is really the perfect example of Destruction working great in real situations

I'm jelly of your Rogue tricks . Wish our rogues would do that to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Just gimme different music

But, i found a way to watch them. Even without using proxxys, so i m good :P
    how do you do? i want to watch and proxtube isnt working

Deleted
    I'm jelly of your Rogue tricks . Wish our rogues would do that to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Yeah I usually get them when we have only one rogue in our raid

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    how do you do? i want to watch and proxtube isnt working
    There is this programm, called hotspot shield. Its free, and if you connect over it, you automatically use a american ip.
    But i would recommend to close it before loggin into the game or your email account etc. Better safe then sorry.

I did some tests today using supremacy+imp+glyph during single target fights and if I don´t made any mistakes, I had a big DPS gain (single target) compared to the Observer... Anyone has tested this combination?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Aruotnof; 2013-01-02 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    I did some tests today using supremacy+imp+glyph during single target fights and if I don´t made any mistakes, I had a big DPS gain (single target) compared to the Observer... Anyone has tested this combination?

Thanks!
    Are you using recount to measure dps, because it only measures active time so it inflates your numbers significantly as your imp sits around not doing anything for quite some time.