Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    its cartoon oriented

Oh, and because I'm nice Shady. Here's your research for you, why you're right about one thing... and thus proving you're wrong about everything else.

The pandaren started as a creation of the Blizzard artist Samwise Didier and an April Fool's joke, but they got a massive response from Warcraft fans. In the first BlizzCast episode launched on Jan. 10, 2008, Samwise recalled the process to the creation of the Pandaren April Fool's page: "But so we put that up in there and everyone was like “Oh my God! A PANDA RACE? That’s kind of cool!” And I’m like “Are you kidding me, really? You want to see pandas in Warcraft III or whatever?”" Soon, they were included in the Warcraft III expansion and Chris Metzen began to write them into the game lore.
    Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren
    Last edited by Murdos; 2012-08-18 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrom View Post
    WoW is childish NOW, not BEFORE. You may deny it all you want, but you're simply blind if you can't see that they passed the allowed limits. Ok stupid pooping quest, ok whole retarded gnome race, fine, unpleasant but can live with it. But FRAKING PANDAS? Have you even seen them? Their looks, their emotes, their quest when they join some faction? It's a fucking kindergarden. WoW used to be brutal and serious, with epic story and world and music and everything. Ofc it always had "some" degree of childish crap in it, but it could be ignored. Not anymore. In fact, MoP cinematic perfectly and probably unwillingly shows the degradation of WoW. It starts out awesomely, with Alliance and Horde ships sinking each other and human and orc fighting for survival and then it tranforms into some fucking kiddie crap with "funny" faces and funny panda kicking their both asses. BULLSHIT.
    xfire agrees with you --> http://beta.xfire.com/games/wow

Looks like people are bailing pretty fast, they would of lost another 500k subs this 1/4 if MoP wasn't being released. Just to think Burning crusade was so good that it had over 11 mil subs and climbing before WOTLK was released.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wo...1-million-mark

Deleted
    ---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 12:39 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Prove it.

Go on. Prove that Chen Stormstout was made intentionally to be nothing more then a gag. before April Fools was a Blizzard Tradition by the way.

Proof. That's part of the debate. I've backed all my claims with reason and fact. Time for you to do the same.

Burden of proof is on you. Provide it. Cite it, and source it. Or admit you're just spewing vomit on the forums out of hate and the desire for attention.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren_%28April_Fools%29
    Last edited by mmoce01e91b901; 2012-08-18 at 12:39 PM.

... You do realize Xfire can only track basic trends AND their own users right?

You have the living definition of the term 'incomplete data' there.

There's multiple reasons for the loss of subs in recent times; economic downturn, end of expansion losses that occur at all times, general drops in the gaming industry as a whole, gaming trends shifting from MMOs to other sources.

The list goes on.

It's just not as simple as 'people hate WoW.'

EDIT: Fix, I beat you to it already - and that article actually validates everyone else's position more then his, ironically.
    Last edited by Murdos; 2012-08-18 at 12:40 PM.

Thus Shadylol forfeits the debate, he's wrong. I'm right.

He's admitted he's bitching, and is too lazy to do more then do that. He's a child that's crying about his spilt milk, and will be admonished, then ignored as such.
    At which point did I forfeit the debate?

And no, I'm not "bitching", I'm pointing out what I think is wrong with WoW. Apathy is killing this race, and I'd rather not be a part of that problem

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 08:41 AM ----------

There's multiple reasons for the loss of subs in recent times; economic downturn, end of expansion losses that occur at all times, general drops in the gaming industry as a whole, gaming trends shifting from MMOs to other sources.

The list goes on.

EDIT: Fix, I beat you to it already - and that article actually validates everyone else's position more then his, ironically.
    I agree that xFire trends isn't really a good source of information, but he is unfortunately correct that WoW is losing subs... fast. Blizzard admitted in their latest investor call that they lost over 1 million in a single quarter
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    At which point did I forfeit the debate?

And no, I'm not "bitching", I'm pointing out what I think is wrong with WoW. Apathy is killing this race, and I'd rather not be a part of that problem
    You are being apathetic, all you're doing is pointing fingers at everyone else and offering no solutions, only vague intangibles.

You've forfeited the debate by default. You are done. The game's over. You have nothing to best me with, no opinions I can't counter, no fire and no substance to bring to the table.

You lose. Goodbye.

The list goes on.

3 weeks before WOLTK was released

The problem is mate that with LFR content will be consumed super fast going forward and LFR will make casuals unsub faster then hardcore players who don't mind doing the exact same content for no rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    (Author's note: This post is meant to be read with a level of sarcasm. I am not trying to flame on WoW. I love WoW, I am excited for MoP. I just think it's rather silly to suddenly be all up in arms about how "childish" MoP is supposed to be when that sort of light-hearted, jokey, pop-culture, low humor content has been in WoW since launch. The thread title is meant as an observation, not a complaint.)
    Reiteration at its finest.
    Last edited by Legacyjm; 2012-08-18 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    After one year of sleeping your way through Dragon Soul and sitting on your bored ass inside the cities, we need a change of pace for something more light-hearted?
    Whether you are bored or not has nothing to do with this. Lore-wise, Cataclysm has been one of the darkest times in WoW.

Deleted
    You are being apathetic, all you're doing is pointing fingers at everyone else and offering no solutions, only vague intangibles.

You've forfeited the debate by default. You are done. The game's over. You have nothing to best me with, no opinions I can't counter, no fire and no substance to bring to the table.

You lose. Goodbye.
    Stop playing the game is one option?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjoe View Post

The problem is mate that with LFR content will be consumed super fast going forward and LFR will make casuals unsub faster then hardcore players who don't mind doing the exact same content for no rewards.
    Not to mention the drop because of no (good) content (Suck it, DS was horrible as shit, 99.9% sure they threw that one together in a week.), Diablo 3, etc.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjoe View Post

Spot on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    People are so used to the grim-dark shit that anything that could make anybody crack a smile is now immediately branded as 'childish'.
    This pretty much sums the thing.
    Last edited by Zenvuer; 2012-08-18 at 12:48 PM.

You lose. Goodbye.
    Sorry, but saying you win something doesn't really mean you win

In fact, a non consensual exit really is more akin to "forefeit"ing yourself
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    WoW is childish NOW, not BEFORE. You may deny it all you want, but you're simply blind if you can't see that they passed the allowed limits. Ok stupid pooping quest, ok whole retarded gnome race, fine, unpleasant but can live with it. But FRAKING PANDAS? Have you even seen them? Their looks, their emotes, their quest when they join some faction? It's a fucking kindergarden. WoW used to be brutal and serious, with epic story and world and music and everything. Ofc it always had "some" degree of childish crap in it, but it could be ignored. Not anymore. In fact, MoP cinematic perfectly and probably unwillingly shows the degradation of WoW. It starts out awesomely, with Alliance and Horde ships sinking each other and human and orc fighting for survival and then it tranforms into some fucking kiddie crap with "funny" faces and funny panda kicking their both asses. BULLSHIT.
    Ty for those words. Couldn´t have said them better myself!!!

Deleted
    People think that MoP caters to another audience. But in fact MoP is nothing less or more than a fanservice for those who wanted to see Samwise's awesome idea in-game. heck, that is also why they added Pandaren in WC3 and later on teasing fans with april fool gags. Metzen said they wanted to add pandaren in TBC but lore casualties did not allow it.

I wonder why the haters hate it so much?
    Answer: They didn't get what they wanted.
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2012-08-18 at 12:49 PM.

what people don't get is that teens aren't attracted to childishness.

as people grow, especially into teenager era, they despise anything childish.

no one wants their parents to drive them to school when they are 15. yet if you are 23, your dad giving you a ride to university on a random day is perfectly fine and appreciated.

if blizz is targeting teens with this panda crap, they are doing it wrong. I believe they are not. It's just the game grew fond of its comedy. there can be multiple reasons behind it. I'm 28 and I'm a bit indifferent to pandas. I just don't like the story behind them in this specific game as it feels stolen and not unique.

but if you are disgusted by pandas then you are most probably a teenager.
    Last edited by Jervaise; 2012-08-18 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my fucking god. Do you usually brag to your friends about how awesome you are playing this "non-childish game" World of warcraft? Do they think you are cool because you play it? And now when it all turned childish you can't brag about it anymore? You know why it turned childish? "Because they added pandas!!! THEY ARE NOT COOL DUUUDE!!!"

"....but cows and spacegoats are" ye, they really are indeed. Panda is just another frikking animal that can speak.

Seriously, get over it - it's a fantasy game... It can never be anything else than Childish. Most people think it's childish slaying fantasydragons, don't you think?
    Last edited by Chrysopoeia; 2012-08-18 at 12:51 PM.