Glory of the ... Mounts Removed?

Hello there!

I was wondering whether anyone could confirm whether or not the mount reward for each of the Glory achievements (ICC, FL, DS, etc) are still received upon completing the metas? Thanks!

There has been no word indicating that Blizzard has any intention of removing those mounts. They are, however, lowering the drop chance of the Heroic Deathwing and Heroic Ragnaros mounts.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-08-21 at 09:09 PM.

Since Ulduar they have not removed meta mounts. The only ones that remain "limited time" are the Naxx10/25 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chouzan View Post
    Since Ulduar they have not removed meta mounts. The only ones that remain "limited time" are the Naxx10/25 ones.
    I still have no idea why they haven't re-added those to the game. I would probably always ride the Black Proto Drake if it was still available.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    There has been no word indicating that Blizzard has any intention of removing those mounts. They are, however, lowering the drop chance of the Heroic Deathwing and Heroic Ragnaros mounts.
    Makes sense as they do this every expansion. As for removing the mounts? I doubt it. They regret removing the ones from Naxx, so I doubt they will ever remove them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chouzan View Post
    I heard someone mention they had been re-added to the Meta on the WoWhead MoP Achievements list. Is/Was there any truth to that? I doubt anyone on Beta was running Naxx so it could've been overlooked, but it does seem like something that would explode once it got out to the "local" media.

In game there is no reward for nax achiev in beta, but on wowhead they listed, so it may be just a bad datamining.

Someone confirmed that they did the meta achievements on beta and got the mounts. If it's true, it royally sucks. Immortal (25 one, not 10 man Undying) was bloody damn hard and 3d on 10man was equally difficult. Iirc, it was the hardest achievement to get pre-Ulduar era. However, we got Ulduar 10 mount during the proper patch with a bunch of idiots (not completely, but we carried people still), so wasn't even nearly as hard. Same thing with ICC mounts. 10man was piss, 25man was slightly more difficult but still doable, even while carrying people. You couldn't carry anyone in the GotR25/10, everybody needed to pull their weight.

So yeah, I hope that the mounts that are currently unavailable, REMAIN unavailable. I don't want bads sporting black and plagued proto drakes. It just makes my nerves boil. Yes, I'm a special snowflake. I don't complain about not having the Firelands or DS mount, because I haven't properly raided in ages.

If you didn't play at some time, you have no right to complain that it's not automatically handed to you when you start playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinderofl View Post
    Someone confirmed that they did the meta achievements on beta and got the mounts.
    Do you know where someone posted that they confirmed it? Makes me curious now to go and try getting the achievements on Beta to see if you get the mount now.

was bloody damn hard and 3d on 10man was equally difficult. Iirc, it was the hardest achievement to get pre-Ulduar era.
    You brought in a warlock with a smurf and won. Nearly 100% of all the damage the dragon did was AOE and the smurf being a pet reduced that damage by 90%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    I heard someone mention they had been re-added to the Meta on the WoWhead MoP Achievements list. Is/Was there any truth to that? I doubt anyone on Beta was running Naxx so it could've been overlooked, but it does seem like something that would explode once it got out to the "local" media.
    The metas were datamined in a beta build, but it's not a confirmation as to if they'll make a comeback. I can only hope they do, I didn't get to play for the first few months of Wrath and the Plagued Proto is the hottest mount in game, IMHO.

Edit: 10m Naxx meta, 25m Naxx meta
    BUT remember that this does not mean they are coming back, simply that they've been datamined.
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2012-08-22 at 06:25 AM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Someone confirmed that they did the meta achievements on beta and got the mounts. If it's true, it royally sucks. Immortal (25 one, not 10 man Undying) was bloody damn hard and 3d on 10man was equally difficult. Iirc, it was the hardest achievement to get pre-Ulduar era. However, we got Ulduar 10 mount during the proper patch with a bunch of idiots (not completely, but we carried people still), so wasn't even nearly as hard. Same thing with ICC mounts. 10man was piss, 25man was slightly more difficult but still doable, even while carrying people. You couldn't carry anyone in the GotR25/10, everybody needed to pull their weight.

So yeah, I hope that the mounts that are currently unavailable, REMAIN unavailable. I don't want bads sporting black and plagued proto drakes. It just makes my nerves boil. Yes, I'm a special snowflake. I don't complain about not having the Firelands or DS mount, because I haven't properly raided in ages.

If you didn't play at some time, you have no right to complain that it's not automatically handed to you when you start playing.
    I hope you do realize that lots of people did not get metas (immortal mainly) not because they were bad, but because the servers were crap at start of Wrath and were more down then up, right? While I agree those mounts should remain unavailable to keep their speciality (I personally wouldn't mind if they removed the mount rewards at the end of each expansion from raid metas), arguing that whoever did not get them is automatically a bad player is just stupid. Not to mention the Immortal's mechanism was just plainly bad in my books. It was not just about skills, but about sheer luck. If anything the Conqueror of Ulduar had much better design and those I wouldn't mind to see again.