Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Are we too linient on female paedophiles?

I was looking at the other topic about the whole males not sitting next to children and decided to look up some stories about women..

A former Indian American principal of a New York Montessori school has surrendered to authorities to begin a two to seven year prison term for sex with one of her 13-year-old students, Lina Sinha, 46, was found guilty of the crime five years ago, but had stayed out of the jail with a wide variety of appeals, according to the News.
    http://post.jagran.com/lady-teacher-...nor-1343114014

2 TO 7 YEARS?! This seems very odd, rape a 13 year old from ms to hs and get 2 years?

shes kinda hot we we let her off with 2-7 years
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I remember this other case going on with a woman having sex with a 13 year old and some of the news reporters just said the most stupid things. Such as well she's good looking. What does that have to do with anything?

Depends on whether the kid wants to do it or not. I don't really know if we can intervene in this aspect of people's lives, unless they ask for help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I probably would have had sex with my teachers when I was 13 too, if it were an option lol My social studies teacher was a hottie.

We're too lenient on females in general for all serious crimes (the more serious the crime, the lower her punishment will be relative to what a man would get in the same situation). It's yet another remnant of the old "women are mentally and physically weak and need to be protected"-shtick that people incessantly, and correctly, point out as discriminatory when it disadvantages women, but are bizzarely happy to ignore when it advantages them.

Sex is an especially big one, since women are seen as objects in the sexual realm more than they are anywhere else, and the idea that a woman might have any true sexual agency of her own, and the ability to harm others with it, is very dissonant to contemplate for someone who adheres to the worldview that women are weak.

Or maybe we're too harsh on men? In any case, there's a clear discrepancy that should be corrected.

Somehow I think the student was more than "up" for it :P

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    We're too lenient on females in general for all serious crimes (the more serious the crime, the lower her punishment will be relative to what a man would get in the same situation). It's yet another remnant of the old "women are mentally and physically weak and need to be protected"-shtick that people incessantly, and correctly, point out as discriminatory when it disadvantages women, but are bizzarely happy to ignore when it advantages them.

Sex is an especially big one, since women are seen as objects in the sexual realm more than they are anywhere else, and the idea that a woman might have any true sexual agency of her own, and the ability to harm others with it, is very dissonant to contemplate for someone who adheres to the worldview that women are weak.

Or maybe we're too harsh on men? In any case, there's a clear discrepancy that should be corrected.
    Id say both, too lenient on women but too tough on men. Women have an advantage when it comes to things like that, for example a woman only has to scream rape and turn on the water works and everyone will believe here and not the male in that situation.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 04:35 PM ----------

Id say both, too lenient on women but too tough on men. Women have an advantage when it comes to things like that, for example a woman only has to scream rape and turn on the water works and everyone will believe here and not the male in that situation.
    30 year old handsome teacher with a 13 year old girl.

30 year old pretty teacher with 13 year old boy.

It is usually assumed girl victim, and boy enjoyed it. Where does this come from? The fact of the matter is kids that age aren't developed and are stupid in comparison to an adult and easily taken advantage of no matter the gender.

I'm pretty sure statutory rape comes with a lesser sentence anyway. And 12-13 seems to be the cut-off age of the victim for the really harsh sentences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the cases is situations like this.

1) Man rapes child against his will
    2) Woman has relationship with child and gets caught

Almost ALL of the cases of men involved, is a case of attack, and often involve people who are not just minors, but literally under the age of being capable of sex. Almost ALL the cases of women is a case of a CONSENSUAL relationship (Yes, illegal is illegal, but it's still a point to be made). Is it illegal? Yes. Is it the 'same thing' if a guy does it? Usually not.

I'm not advocating any kind of actions like this, however I'm getting rather tired of the media hounding on these issues and lumping them all into the same box of "rapist pedophile" when they aren't the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    We're too lenient on females in general for all serious crimes (the more serious the crime, the lower her punishment will be relative to what a man would get in the same situation). It's yet another remnant of the old "women are mentally and physically weak and need to be protected"-shtick that people incessantly, and correctly, point out as discriminatory when it disadvantages women, but are bizarrely happy to ignore when it advantages them.

This is indeed something which we've learned from feminist criminology. There's a number of explanations, but what it comes down to is that women are convicted less, and when they are convicted they're given less severe punishments.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Can't rape the willing.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Old(er) man with young girl = pedophile
    Old(er) woman with young boy = lucky bastard

It's sad but true in a lot of these cases.
    Last edited by Shâréz; 2012-08-14 at 04:48 PM.

At some point some moron is going to make some comment about how men can't be raped, or that men are always willing participants to sex with a women or some nonsense like that.

Anyway, I suspect it has something to do that as a society (western society) we have a hard time acknowledging the idea that men can be victimized by women.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

Almost ALL of the cases of men involved, is a case of attack, and often involve people who are not just minors, but literally under the age of being capable of sex. Almost ALL the cases of women is a case of a CONSENSUAL relationship (Yes, illegal is illegal, but it's still a point to be made). Is it illegal? Yes. Is it the 'same thing' if a guy does it? Usually not.

I'm not advocating any kind of actions like this, however I'm getting rather tired of the media hounding on these issues and lumping them all into the same box of "rapist pedophile" when they aren't the same thing.
    Some of the cases involve drugging with women.

Also a quick search and you'll find quite a few recent stores of women who raped teens.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_...ed-teenage-boy

Police said Jamie Nichole Phillips, 20, held a knife to the throat of the 14-year-old victim and brought him into her apartment where she forced him to perform sex acts. The crime allegedly happened in the evening of Saturday April 7 at an apartment located on Eastwood Drive.

Sgt. Scott Blankenship with Union Township police said a knock at the door was enough distraction for the boy to quickly leave. Police said the boy was not physically harmed during the encounter.

"This young juvenile victim walked out from visiting his mother to get something out of the car. When he walked outside, a neighbor, which he had been associated with simply by being her neighbor, approached the victim put a weapon to his throat and chest area, and ordered him back into the apartment," said Blankenship.
    There was also a story here at beginning of year with a female teacher putting things in her female students and having a relationship with another.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm pretty sure statutory rape comes with a lesser sentence anyway. And 12-13 seems to be the cut-off age of the victim for the really harsh sentences.
    I don't know. You become a registered sex offender and that sticks with you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Can't rape the willing.
    What does rape have to do with paedophilia or did you miss the topic title? I am not merely speaking of rape I am speaking of paedophilia of all types. Including willing and unwilling. There are boys and girls who unwillingly have sex with adults and there are those that consent. It is wrong all around.

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 12:53 PM ----------

There are also many cases of men having sex with consenting boys who didn't want to consent but did in the end. Is this rape? Because there are quite a few cases of women having done the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Some of the cases involve drugging with women.
    I should have put the disclaimer that this is OFTEN the case, but not always. Or at least, what gets reported in media.

I should have put the disclaimer that this is OFTEN the case, but not always. Or at least, what gets reported in media.
    So you believe a consenting child of 12-13 having sex with a 30+ year old should = lenient jail time?

Honestly jail doesn't even help because our system is fucked as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Can't rape the willing.
    It's comments like this that make it a problem in the first place.