Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exclamation Wow doesn't support hard workers anymore!

I am not afraid to come out and say it 'I suck at natural skill' in game and in real life. I compensate for this by being a hard worker. Over my life I have come to the conclusion that most people are simply going to learn things faster than me and there nothing I can do about it. However, I have one thing going for me. I am a grinder in games and in real life. When most people quit I am still working and over time I begin to catch up or even gain advantage.

What does this have to do with world of warcraft? There is no longer any motivation to work hard to get to the top. Especially when you can see everything hardcore raiders see by running LFR. The only real difference is arbitrary numbers and gear rendered a different color. That's why people are leaving the game. Even if you are a hard worker you have no motivation because the scrubbiest scrub can do the same as you.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2012-08-17 at 07:00 PM.

You're right, the top raiding guilds don't have to work hard to be the top, and if you work harder at it, you don't level up characters and professions faster, or make more money than people who take a more casual approach.

?
    Last edited by TheWerebison; 2012-08-17 at 06:37 PM.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    You're right, the top raiding guilds don't have to work hard to be the top, and if you work harder at it, you don't level up characters, professions, or make more money than people who take a more casual approach.

?
    Why on earth would anyone want to run heroic when I can see the exact same content running LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why on earth would anyone want to run heroic when I can see the exact same content running LFR?
    so youre one of those people. i was gonna write something like the other guy said, but i see theres no point as you obviously dont care and are just trying to start arguments.

You feel the game isn't that much of a grind anymore so you are put at a disadvantage?

Granted this tier's heroic modes haven't been the hardest, but LFR and heroic modes are still very much not the exact same content.

In much the same way that if I go and solo molten core it is not the same as clearing it back in vanilla.

Now I'm confused. Is this topic about working your way to the top, or about seeing the content?

I am not afraid to come out and say it 'I suck at natural skill' in game and in real life. I compensate for this by being a hard worker. Over my life I have come to the conclusion that most people are simply going to learn things faster than me and there nothing I can do about it. However, I have one thing going for me. I am a grinder in games and in real life. When most people quit I am still working and over time I begin to catch up or even gain advantage.

What does this have to do with world of warcraft? It no longer offers this option. You can no longer use good ole fashion hard work to climb your way to the top. That's whats wrong with this game and that's why there is so much out cry for vanilla/TBC back.
    Please explain why you can't? Suck at Hard modes, keep working hard, no longer suck at hard modes...

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 02:43 PM ----------

This argument doesn't make sense. Then for you working hard was meaningless to begin with. It's the whole road less traveled by - two roads diverge in the woods, both leading to same place. One is an easy yellow-brick road (LFR), the other is one hell of an adventure (Hard-modes). If you cared about working hard, the option for two paths wouldn't matter to you. Likewise, the fact that most people take the easy road shouldn't deter you from the road less traveled by. That's the basic problem I see with most anti-LFR claims

Deleted
    Obvious flame-baiting is obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like saying "why should I watch a movie in IMAX 3D with all my friends when I can watch an unsteady, poor resolution pirated version with sound that cuts in and out on my computer alone?"

And that's ignoring the fact that you get better gear, titles, mounts, achievements...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Granted this tier's heroic modes haven't been the hardest, but LFR and heroic modes are still very much not the exact same content.

In much the same way that if I go and solo molten core it is not the same as clearing it back in vanilla.
    I see the exact same cut scenes with the exact same bosses. Only thing different that i get is gear which I might add is just rendered a different color. I have beat the game I have seen all the content gear is just an ends to see all that content. After that the gear is worthless to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you need to do is read some of sandmoths previous threads.
    Last edited by Jalfrezi; 2012-08-17 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    Please explain why you can't? Suck at Hard modes, keep working hard, no longer suck at hard modes...

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 02:43 PM ----------

This argument doesn't make sense. Then for you working hard was meaningless to begin with. It's the whole road less traveled by - two roads diverge in the woods, both leading to same place. One is an easy yellow-brick road (LFR), the other is one hell of an adventure (Hard-modes). If you cared about working hard, the option for two paths wouldn't matter to you. Likewise, the fact that most people take the easy road shouldn't deter you from the road less traveled by. That's the basic problem I see with most anti-LFR claims
    Shouldn't is just another word for assuming something.

I see the exact same cut scenes with the exact same bosses. Only thing different that i get is gear which I might add is just rendered a different color. I have beat the game I have seen all the content gear is just an ends to see all that content. After that the gear is worthless to me.
    Well, that's good that you beat the game...on LFR. You still aren't working hard at heroic, and therefore are not the "top"...which, again, you'll forgive me, seemed to be the topic of your thread.

You said " You can no longer use good ole fashion hard work to climb your way to the top." and then went and said "Why on earth would anyone want to run heroic when I can see the exact same content running LFR?" so clearly you don,t want to use that good ole fashion hard work to get to the top, you're happy to be at the lowest end of raiding content.

You also realize you could probably skip LFR if it bothers you that much. Get gear from crafting and heroics then jump into Normal Raiding which hasn't really changed. Also, you are now saying that gear progression is basically meaningless and you only care about seeing content which would make LFR tailored to you. Either you are trolling on purpose or have a very contradictory stance between your opening post and your reasoning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    All you need to do is read some of sandmoths previous threads.
    Sadly, pretty much.

You can't just say there is nothing to work hard towards to anymore and then reject it with half-assed arguments when people point out that indeed, there still are those kinds of things.

First you want to be on the top but can't, then you don't want to be on the top because you won't gain anything from it?

What does this have to do with world of warcraft? It no longer offers this option. You can no longer use good ole fashion hard work to climb your way to the top. That's whats wrong with this game and that's why there is so much out cry for vanilla/TBC back.
    None of you are going to get Classic or Burning Crusade back. They're in the past, move on.

Hard work is very much so rewarded and if you can't see that, then I'm sorry for you. I'm skilled and at the same time, I work hard. I work very hard at what I want in this game and I get it done. I'm happy, satisfied, and I move on to the next thing I want to tackle.

I am a little confused about what you're complaining about precisely. Are you working hard to get gear? Achievement points? Loremaster? Mounts? Pets? Progression in raids?

Hard work is always an option and if it doesn't pay off in your guild, move on.
    Last edited by Amaroq; 2012-08-17 at 06:50 PM.
    Meep~

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Well, that's good that you beat the game...on LFR. You still aren't working hard at heroic, and therefore are not the "top"...which, again, you'll forgive me, seemed to be the topic of your thread.
    I have no incentive to work hard. Titles and gear are worthless to me now. I have seen all the cut scenes hardcore raiders have and I have fought all the bosses they have. Only difference is arbitrary numbers.