why do old people pretend to be so ignorant? (in the work place)

i saw the thread about young people being lazy and just had to respond bc i am a young person (24), and i work with ALLLLLL old people. (ages 35-82) they are constantly asking me to do things that they could easily do, but pretend to be ignorant cuz ... well, i guess cuz they are lazy? i donno, why do old people purposely act ignorant when avoiding work?
    Last edited by greatestlockever; 2012-08-17 at 07:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Change age limit, 35-45 is still young. Also not ignorant, they just love to act as if they have more power over you because they are older than you. If a young person were to ask them to do something, they'd laugh in your face. If an old person ask me to do a task that's not outrageous, I'd do it, because I assume brittle bones is stopping them from doing it.

Is this just in spite of the other thread about lazy young people not wanting jobs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Change age limit, 35-45 is still young. Also not ignorant, they just love to act as if they have more power over you because they are older than you. If a young person were to ask them to do something, they'd laugh in your face. If an old person ask me to do a task that's not outrageous, I'd do it, because I assume brittle bones is stopping them from doing it.
    no they really do act ignorant. its not about power at all

Deleted
    Was this thread really necessary?

Yes, the OP is the other thread was a dribbling moron, or a troll, but that doesn't really justify tossing more fuel into the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Is this just in spite of the other thread about lazy young people not wanting jobs ?
    nope im just defending young people cuz old people are just as lazy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greatestlockever View Post
    i saw the thread about young people being lazy and just had to respond bc i am a young person (24), and i work with ALLLLLL old people. (ages 35-82) they are constantly asking me to do things that they could easily do, but pretend to be ignorant cuz ... well, i guess cuz they are lazy? i donno, why do old people purposely act ignorant when avoiding work?
    They're just being dicks.

Deleted
    nope im just defending young people cuz old people are just as lazy
    Speak for yourself, I don't need defending thanks.

I've learned to smile and nod. Don't take your job for granted man there are many others who would kill to have your spot, even if its doing those tasks you're talking about. (No disrespect intended if the tone sounds kinda rude)
    Bane

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know the concept of "seniority" at the workplace?
    We, I count myself into your range of age, have done, and still do, our share at work. Some of us have already worked when your first job was to swim towards moms womb as a sperm.. Some of us had back then the same duties that are forwared to you now, when we were at your age. This is how the game plays. This is how it always was, and likely always will be...
    Work a few years, til the next new guy shows up, and I bet ya, you will forward the same things to him....

just throwing it out there, but older folks have most likely done the task they are asking you do do many more times than you. So it will naturally fall onto the younger folks to do those said tasks until they become as proficient at it as the person asking.
    Have A Nice Day (HVND)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsfist View Post
    just throwing it out there, but older folks have most likely done the task they are asking you do do many more times than you. So it will naturally fall onto the younger folks to do those said tasks until they become as proficient at it as the person asking.
    Yup... In my field, I do restorations of historic buildings, there's a lot of labor work involved too. If I add the surfaces together, I'm sure I've scraped paint of more than a square mile on material. Now if I got a new guy on the task, one can bet their balls, that i WILL have HIM scrape, and I do other stuff. That is also a part of different other aspects.
    Not only can I see with what attitude he works. Friendly, helpful and interested attitudes are sure getting someone further than openly shown dislike etc.. It also shows where the talent and skill level of a person is.
    Even if it's a task as stupid as going to get something to drink for the guys, can be quite revealing...

(ages 35-82)
    oh, fuck, it's official? im old now? dammit

and GET OFF MY LAWN... after you finish mowing it, thanks
    Last edited by smelltheglove; 2012-08-17 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    and get off my lawn... After you finish mowing it, thanks
    roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!