Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Using meta while Gul'dan flying will buff shadowflame. Didn't saw it in guide.\

Same question with imps. Gor 4tier and the only reason I see to keep the swarm glyph is start burst. Same for grimoire of service.
    Last edited by vo1os; 2012-11-19 at 11:48 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    I think haste and crit should be cept even because haste with 4set brings your DS lined with Wild imps and my argument with the crit is more doom crits=more imps because currently my imps are doing more dps than my ToCs
    Have you even calculated how much haste u need in order to line up your imp swarm with the 4pcs bonus?

Right i got 6k n that makes imp swarm 8sec off DS with the 4pc.. so im guessing but in full bis they should be lined up , and if not then waiting 8sec is nothing ^-^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vo1os View Post
    Using meta while Gul'dan flying will buff shadowflame. Didn't saw it in guide.\

Same question with imps. Gor 4tier and the only reason I see to keep the swarm glyph is start burst. Same for grimoire of service.
    Sounds about right. Shadowflame counts as its own spell technically. For instance on the shield masters on first lot of HoF trash they can reflect my hand of guldan back of me but I won't get the shadowflame (ofc they dont get it either sadly).
    So if you cast hand then go into meta before shadowflame applies shadowflame looks at your stats and meta form at the time of the flame application as opposed to hand cast.

Anyone know if weak auras is just as good as power auras was. I'm loving demo and hoping to make my lock my main eventually, but I'm having a hard time optimizing hog so I'm wanting something to help me monitor it a bit better.

I don't use power auras since the end of Dragon Soul, I <3 weak auras. Do exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Intent View Post
    Anyone know if weak auras is just as good as power auras was. I'm loving demo and hoping to make my lock my main eventually, but I'm having a hard time optimizing hog so I'm wanting something to help me monitor it a bit better.
    I'd say weak auras is way more powerful than the old version of Power Auras. I dunno if PAs come out with their MoP rewrite yet, as supposedly it's quite a bit better than the previous version.

I'm wondering 2 things.

1) How do you react to Heroism as demo? My understanding, is that since ToC is already at 1 GCD, it's better to use as much of Heroism to build fury rather than cast in meta, and therefore don't use Dark Soul with it either.
    2) Wouldn't Carrion Swarm be dps increase whenever Immolation aura is? It costs as much as 2 ticks of aura, but hits for about 3 times more, from very limited testing. You can glyph it to not knock back if that would be problem. And kinda following it up, does it still interrupt when glyphed?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Like you said it's better to use the haste from heroism to build fury through normal casts than waste it on 1 GCD spells. Ofcourse if you have procs, fury and cooldowns during heroism, Meta MC Soulfire is a very good idea if you have enough MC procs.
    2) Carrion Swarm, glyphed or unglyphed is generally a very powerful spell for aoe and you should use it on cooldown over Fel Flame. I haven't tried it yet, but I think that it won't stop spellcasting unglyphed as it doesn't knockback. Unglyphed CS is also great for scumbag dps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlrW0MY_n7g as it will annoy the crap out of everyone else while your numbers will go up.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-11-22 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    And kinda following it up, does it still interrupt when glyphed?
    Yes it does, so it's kind of a big no-no on spirit kings for instance (but should be your priority when doing AoE when the interrupt is not a problem)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite confused at the moment with simulationcraft. According to the profile and stat weights of http://simulationcraft.org/505/Warlo...emonology_T14H haste at 3403 rating is overshadowed by both mastery and crit, which are equal to one another. However, when I sim my own character using 10.000 iterations (who has ~4717 haste by the way for the "pseudo" corruption soft cap, while I tried to balance critical and mastery after that, but putting more emphasis on mastery anyway) with the latest simcraft version, haste has a scale factor of 2 while mastery and crit are both equal at ~1.55.

I'm feeling confident haste is indeed better in reality than both mastery and crit (at least until a point), but what is exactly going on? My character isn't in the same gear level as the simcraft t14H profile obviously, but a 20 ilvl difference shouldn't warrant a complete U-turn in secondary stats' scale factors (should it?).

Also to avoid making a double post, any of you guys noticing Zen Alchemist Stone not procing sometimes, especially when it is together with Relic of Yu'lon? It varies from pull to pull, one pull it procs ok while in the upcoming 3 it will proc once in 3 minutes or something like that...
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-11-23 at 06:03 PM.

haste is better than mastery n crit in the upper ilvls. For example i simmed my toon at 494 ilvl and it has haste wayyyy over mastery and crit slightly above mastery because in bis there is more haste and crit. I am currently stacknig haste n crit on my lock and ignoring mastery because i notice my pets dont hit any harder.

I'm feeling confident haste is indeed better in reality than both mastery and crit (at least until a point), but what is exactly going on? My character isn't in the same gear level as the simcraft t14H profile obviously, but a 20 ilvl difference shouldn't warrant a complete U-turn in secondary stats' scale factors (should it?).

Also to avoid making a double post, any of you guys noticing Zen Alchemist Stone not procing sometimes, especially when it is together with Relic of Yu'lon? It varies from pull to pull, one pull it procs ok while in the upcoming 3 it will proc once in 3 minutes or something like that...[/QUOTE]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    haste is better than mastery n crit in the upper ilvls. For example i simmed my toon at 494 ilvl and it has haste wayyyy over mastery and crit slightly above mastery because in bis there is more haste and crit. I am currently stacknig haste n crit on my lock and ignoring mastery because i notice my pets dont hit any harder.

Also to avoid making a double post, any of you guys noticing Zen Alchemist Stone not procing sometimes, especially when it is together with Relic of Yu'lon? It varies from pull to pull, one pull it procs ok while in the upcoming 3 it will proc once in 3 minutes or something like that...
    Haste value has more to do with your current level of haste more then ilvl. I can get a huge turn around in haste value just by adding \ reducing the amount of haste I have.

I'm not so confident with AOE, hellfire it's more strong then immolation aura and spamming void ray?

For example on fights like Feng what we should do? Hellfire all the way down, or save fury and go immolation aura and spamming void ray?

Immolation aura isn't useless right?

On Wind Lord Melja'rak I know the best way to do insane damage it's dot every add with Corruption and when we have enough fury we go into demon form and dot every add with bane of doom. And we use void ray to refresh corruption in all targets, how many times we need to spam corruption? 1-2 times? I'm using Carrion Swarm and Chaos Wave to push more damage.

PS: Zinnin would be nice if you could do a Feng hc 25 video.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-11-26 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immolation aura + void ray is going to do more damage then hellfire. On Feng the AoE phase is very short, so Chaos Wave actually has some use here, because you simply aren't going to get the full worth of HoG x2, for these adds I would recommend going into meta, turning on Immo aura, double Chaos wave and void ray till they die. Doing this costs a shit ton of fury, however if your guild is killing them fast is the only way to get your damage in before they die.

Chaos wave isn't going to give you additional damage, its DPCT is very similar to HoG + Shadowflame and costs a ton of fury instead of generating it, also on Wind Lord Melja'rak one of the strengths is that you go into the single target burn phase with 50+ stacks of MC, Chaos wave isn't going to provide nearly as much. However if the adds are going to die so fast you don't get the full shadowflame (generally ~10 seconds to get most benefit), Chaos Wave then is useful.

For heavy sustained AoE always remember the first target you put corruption on (because it will have the lowest duration) and re-target it before starting your void ray spam, this will let you know when corruptions duration is long enough to go back to caster form.

Is there enough demand out there to warrant me making Evralia style videos for demo? I might need to look into starting to do that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Immolation aura + void ray is going to do more damage then hellfire. On Feng the AoE phase is very short, so Chaos Wave actually has some use here, because you simply aren't going to get the full worth of HoG x2, for these adds I would recommend going into meta, turning on Immo aura, double Chaos wave and void ray till they die. Doing this costs a shit ton of fury, however if your guild is killing them fast is the only way to get your damage in before they die.

Chaos wave isn't going to give you additional damage, its DPCT is very similar to HoG + Shadowflame and costs a ton of fury instead of generating it, also on Wind Lord Melja'rak one of the strengths is that you go into the single target burn phase with 50+ stacks of MC, Chaos wave isn't going to provide nearly as much. However if the adds are going to die so fast you don't get the full shadowflame (generally ~10 seconds to get most benefit), Chaos Wave then is useful.

For heavy sustained AoE always remember the first target you put corruption on (because it will have the lowest duration) and re-target it before starting your void ray spam, this will let you know when corruptions duration is long enough to go back to caster form.

Is there enough demand out there to warrant me making Evralia style videos for demo? I might need to look into starting to do that.
    I would definitely love video on Windlord to see the insane 2KK+ dps burst.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post

Zinnin, that would be amazing.

I was looking everywhere but i cant find the macro to "break" that 10 seconds cooldown when I come back to caster form. Much better than having a 10-second wait time on the default stance button.

Anyone knows?

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    I was looking everywhere but i cant find the macro to "break" that 10 seconds cooldown when I come back to caster form. Much better than having a 10-second wait time on the default stance button.

Anyone knows?
    Don't think there is one. If there is I'd expect it to get fixed very quickly.

Believe the wand bug is fixed in 5.1
    doing a bit of dps on dummies atm, not seeing wand proc's