Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think I might use my dual spec, one for supremacy(demo questing) one for service(demo raiding) after 90 I'll switch the questing spec to pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    The current single target priorities seem to imply that corruption should be refreshed by recasting it... Currently on EJ, they're talking about only casting corruption once at the beginning of the fight and tocing to refresh it to 20+ sec when it's below 5 sec.
    Any input?
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    The current single target priorities seem to imply that corruption should be refreshed by recasting it... Currently on EJ, they're talking about only casting corruption once at the beginning of the fight and tocing to refresh it to 20+ sec when it's below 5 sec.
    Any input?
    Corruption doesn't benefit from Metamorphosis. There may be something to be said about the fact that you're using an active filler to refresh the spell rather than simply reapplying the DoT, but it takes four back to back Touches of Chaos to extend Corruption to its starting duration, during which time you're burning Fury when not under any powerful procs or buffs. For something that simulates to be a ~100 dps increase, I'm not entirely sure it'll work out worth it in practice.

touch of chaos seems to cast itself, like it's my auto attack... is this a bug?... i saw a lock in demon form going to town casting shadowbolt like globs, then i realized it was me, but i wasn't hitting any buttons...

also i macro'd corruption with Dark Soul, but i guess that's a bad idea since A. there's nothing else to watch so why bother binding them together and B. that's not the optimal time to get it out there?...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda having trouble which glyphs to use, anyone got some tips ?

Atm I got

Major: Imp Swarm
    Minor, shadowbolt, felguard, nightmares.

Still 2 left for major.
    Last edited by The Distortion; 2012-08-29 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Distortion View Post
    Kinda having trouble which glyphs to use, anyone got some tips ?

Atm I got

Major: Imp Swarm
    Minor, shadowbolt, felguard, nightmares.

Still 2 left for major.
    for major, i went soulstone (for the full life battle rez) and siphon life (for health regen to help offset how much i'm apparently going to be life tapping again)...

i thought imp swarm was a minor dps loss?... not enough of a loss to switch, but not optimal... honestly most of the glyphs for all classes kind of suck now...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is =\ ? Well then I just have to remove it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supremacy is the best soloing Grimoire in my opinion.
    Service the best raiding grimoire.
    either is viable for Dungeoning.

I switch them as needed.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 11:21 AM ----------

Any input?
    I find that Corruption tends to get ToC-refreshed by virtue of burning excess fury while waiting for the next DS, i would have had to burn off the excess fury anyway, but sometime the timing is not not perfect and every once in a while I have recast Corruption rather than relying on ToC, but usually within a few seconds i am back in meta to burn off excess fury again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    touch of chaos seems to cast itself, like it's my auto attack... is this a bug?... i saw a lock in demon form going to town casting shadowbolt like globs, then i realized it was me, but i wasn't hitting any buttons...

also i macro'd corruption with Dark Soul, but i guess that's a bad idea since A. there's nothing else to watch so why bother binding them together and B. that's not the optimal time to get it out there?...
    That would be the Metamorphosis "melee" which autocasts in Meta and has a 40 yard range. That is not Touch of Chaos.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Distortion View Post
    It is =\ ? Well then I just have to remove it then.
    It's a minor, minor DPS loss, but you might be able to tip that in favour of a gain if used creatively.

Sorry to bother. But now with the new patch. Is it worth picking up the DS:K glyph? Anyone done the math about it? Sadly i´m having trouble sim my own char atm so any help about this would be very much appreciated

Thanks for a very nice guide!!

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    That would be the Metamorphosis "melee" which autocasts in Meta and has a 40 yard range. That is not Touch of Chaos.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 07:26 PM ----------

so there really is no animation for the TOC?... just spam the crap out of the keybind and hope you are landing more times and using up more of the fury than the "melee" attack is?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosy View Post
    Sorry to bother. But now with the new patch. Is it worth picking up the DS:K glyph? Anyone done the math about it? Sadly i´m having trouble sim my own char atm so any help about this would be very much appreciated

Thanks for a very nice guide!!
    Glyph of Dark Soul is useful if you are not using Dark Soul on cooldown. The most likely reason you would not be using Dark Soul on cooldown is because you are simply soloing, and don't 'need' a two-minute cooldown. But in most raid and dungeon situations you are using Dark Soul on cooldown, under which condition the glyph is a DPS loss.

For example a Demo soloing build might use Glyph of Dark Soul, Glyph of Soul Consumption and one other glyph (like demon training or demon hunting), Grimoire of Supremacy or sacrifice, and definitely not Glyph of Imp Swarm (and just ignore using dark soul while soloing out in the world).

A demo Raiding Build would use Glyph of Imp Swarm, two other glyphs, and Grimoire of Service.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    so there really is no animation for the TOC?... just spam the crap out of the keybind and hope you are landing more times and using up more of the fury than the "melee" attack is?...
    ToC does have an animation.

it looks like a pale blue boomerang the zips from the warlock to the target and then back to the warlock.
    'melee' looks like a tiny purple/black ball that is flung at the enemy. Melee is automatic, and does not cost you any fury and continues to function while you are casting either ToC or Soul Fire.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-29 at 08:53 PM.

I use the Glyph of Dark Soul as Destro and Demo because I don't use DS until I have full resources (Embers/Fury). Seems like a waste to pop DS for Destro if you don't have four guaranteed crits to unleash. Using DS as Destro on anything but Chaos Bolt is actually no guarantee whatsoever to be a dps increase. With bad rng you could be doing less dps even.

I'm not as sure about Demo, tho. I know you get a bonus to your caster damage, but I guess I'd need to check out which scales better -- your caster bonus or Meta bonus.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I use the Glyph of Dark Soul as Destro and Demo because I don't use DS until I have full resources (Embers/Fury). Seems like a waste to pop DS for Destro if you don't have four guaranteed crits to unleash. Using DS as Destro on anything but Chaos Bolt is actually no guarantee whatsoever to be a dps increase. With bad rng you could be doing less dps even.

I'm not as sure about Demo, tho. I know you get a bonus to your caster damage, but I guess I'd need to check out which scales better -- your caster bonus or Meta bonus.
    You should always be using Dark Soul on cooldown. You should plan ahead and have your Embers stocked up for when Dark Soul comes off cooldown. Do not ever delay using it. Don't use the glyph - it sucks.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-08-29 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I find that Corruption tends to get ToC-refreshed by virtue of burning excess fury while waiting for the next DS, i would have had to burn off the excess fury anyway, but sometime the timing is not not perfect and every once in a while I have recast Corruption rather than relying on ToC, but usually within a few seconds i am back in meta to burn off excess fury again.
    Yeah, that's what I've found too, but early in a fight/after DS empties my fury, corruption needs to be recasted. Tocing to refresh corruption definitely sims higher, but in practice, the time lost between going in and out of meta and tocing probably makes it not worth it.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Can someone post a reforge setup for best in slot, its kinda hard for me to figure out how to reforge atm, there's alot of ideas around and dunno whats the correct one, first i used the reforges from simulationcraft http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/W...emonology_T13H wich has 3000 haste and 1000 mastery, then i saw this post wich says i should aim for equal mastery and haste around 2000 of both. Wich is correct ?
    wowreforge.com aint working for me cant load any chars.
    Another question i have is about trinkets, did H CoC+ H IoCM became better than HWoU+HCoC ?

Deleted
    Is Demonology warlock on offer PvE now or I should still go as a destraction ???

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    You should always be using Dark Soul on cooldown. You should plan ahead and have your Embers stocked up for when Dark Soul comes off cooldown. Do not ever delay using it. Don't use the glyph - it sucks.
    That's all well and good for your 2nd DS and beyond, but what about at the start of the fight when you don't have resources ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Yeah, that's what I've found too, but early in a fight/after DS empties my fury, corruption needs to be recasted. Tocing to refresh corruption definitely sims higher, but in practice, the time lost between going in and out of meta and tocing probably makes it not worth it.
    I played mos of DS as Demo yesterday and found this to be not true
    As has always been stated above you have to burn excess fury either way and I had no problem at all with refreshing corruption with ToC and still haveing ~1000 Fury for Dark Soul. Also if you have to move you can pop meta spam 1-2 ToC and then cancel again. So you are refreshing along the way anyway

Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    I played mos of DS as Demo yesterday and found this to be not true
    As has always been stated above you have to burn excess fury either way and I had no problem at all with refreshing corruption with ToC and still haveing ~1000 Fury for Dark Soul. Also if you have to move you can pop meta spam 1-2 ToC and then cancel again. So you are refreshing along the way anyway
    It's probably safe to say "use your common sense" here. I probably wouldn't bother going into Meta to refresh it right before a burn, but I might if I was going to fury cap soon anyway.

Do bear in mind that you'll have a lot less haste at 90 though, so you won't generate fury nearly as quickly, and Dark Soul will be on a much shorter cooldown.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That's all well and good for your 2nd DS and beyond, but what about at the start of the fight when you don't have resources ?
    The sooner you use it, the sooner you'll have it up again. Even if you were holding it at the start, the glyph wouldn't be worth it. I can't remember the math right now, but someone posted some calculations that you'd need to delay your dark soul by almost 3 minutes for it to be a dps increase. That's just never going to happen.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-08-30 at 10:29 AM.