Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Will you be updating this forum when you know the haste breakpoints?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    Will you be updating this forum when you know the haste breakpoints?
    I think you might be wondering about the Affliction haste breakpoints, not Demo. In either case they shouldn't be very important, not provide the substantial benefit that is generaly associated with it anyway. If you were looking for the Affliction haste breakpoints though, then you'll like this list that some kind Warlock made.

Why does simcraft use felstorm in single target fights?

If felstorm does 100% weapon damage, which seems to line up in the sims as hitting for the same amount as a regular melee swing, why use it?
    Wouldn't the energy be better spent allowing him to legion strike(130%)/melee?

I've never played Demo so I could be very wrong, but I think felstorm hits more than once for that damage.

It does 6 hits over its 6 second channel, and nothing else can happen while channeling.

In that time, unless i am mistaken, you could get 4 melee swings and two legion strikes; adding up to more damage.

But you get to save energy while doing it with what I'm guessing is neutral damage.

That lets you cast more stuff after it ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    But you get to save energy while doing it with what I'm guessing is neutral damage.

That lets you cast more stuff after it ends.
    Pretty sure GC himself said using Felstorm outside of AoE should be a single target DPS loss. Can't find where he said it though, must be in the massive Beta class analysis thread, but it's a bit buggy and won't go from post to post past page 36-ish. It's out there though.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Pretty sure GC himself said using Felstorm outside of AoE should be a single target DPS loss. Can't find where he said it though, must be in the massive Beta class analysis thread, but it's a bit buggy and won't go from post to post past page 36-ish. It's out there though.

I Tracked it down, so it looks likes the design intent is not to use felstorm single target, now it is a question if it is working as designed or not.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post18081369

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy4 View Post
    I Tracked it down, so it looks likes the design intent is not to use felstorm single target, now it is a question if it is working as designed or not.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post18081369
    Ah it was Xelnath! Too much info during beta to keep track sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a single target dummy, I get 8.4k without felstorm over 5 minutes, 9k with felstorm.

It isn't huge, but it still is increase. That said, its a far bigger increase to save it for real AoE, if there will be any at all in the fight.

you would think mastery would be better for demo then haste, and btw if u got over 700fury u can cast soulfire during molten core in meta with touch of chaos n still empty out by the time dark soul falls off:]

10+ Year Old Account
    you would think mastery would be better for demo then haste, and btw if u got over 700fury u can cast soulfire during molten core in meta with touch of chaos n still empty out by the time dark soul falls off:]
    Why? Haste allows you to build Fury faster.

and btw if u got over 700fury u can cast soulfire during molten core in meta with touch of chaos n still empty out by the time dark soul falls off:]
    The reason you don't cast SF in meta isn't dominated by the concern that you'll run out of fury before DS falls off, it's driven by the fact that the DPET of the SF isn't worth the fury loss of the MC charge until you aren't losing the potential fury from the SF in caster form (I.E. when you would use your last MC stack just as the mob entered execute range).
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

still a bit confused on to stack mastery or haste. each site gives me different a response!

I'm also confused on this as well... I'm getting conflicting information between all the different sites out there right now. Do we stack Haste or Mastery? Haste makes sense to me, cause it means more fury. But more mastery makes sense to because it means stronger meta phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've reforged to Hit > Mastery > Haste > Crit and the Meta burst with Dark Soul and Imp swarm is pretty insane. However, it is slow to build fury. I'm not a simmer, so I've just gone on what I've read.

Once we know all the fights and when to pop CDs I think Mastery could be the way to go.

i reforged also to hit>mastery>haste>crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Run your own profiles through SimulationCraft to get the appropriate stat weightings for your gear.

Deleted
    Demo is the only spec in MoP that has really significant haste breakpoints. There are also some for affliction but there they are only a minor increase. For Demo the haste breakpoints where you get another tick of Doom is quite significant.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering starting from what amount of targets the Void Ray becomes viable?
    My calculations show that Void Ray must hit at least 3 targets to become ~Touch of Chaos.

Here are my calculations.
    Lets take 15000 SP as our stat (which is quite normal today in pre-raid gear). And for simplicity sake maximum values of the both spell taken from the tooltip
    Void Ray 588
    Touch of Chaos 746.

Which makes us with :
    ToC=(15000*66.6%)+746=10736
    VR=(15000*21%)+588=3738 which is 34.8% of the ToC damage.

Thus when it comes to 2-target fight (like The Stone Guard) it is better to spam ToC on 2 targets instead of VR. Ofc I understand that hitting 2 targets with VR simultaneously has a higher % of getting a crit from the spell. however, taking into account that crit is our worth stat (despite this guide states another - for me sim places crit on the last place) I don't think we should expect crit often enough to account for a DPS difference between VR*2 targets VS ToC

Are my calculations correct or do I miss something?

Thanks