Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what is everyone else doing for a weapon till terrace comes out(or the wand bug gets fixed)?

10+ Year Old Account
    As I'm Human, going for klaxxi sword. Not wasting too much time chasing the Scholo staff. Should start on inscription staff really. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Using a random blue staff for now, run scholo every day but don't expect it to ever drop \ win it.

Besides that, if I happen to get the wand through LFR or the extra loot token ill just play affliction until the wand bug is fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As I'm Human, going for klaxxi sword. Not wasting too much time chasing the Scholo staff. Should start on inscription staff really. :/
    Human here too, Exalted with Klaxxi somewhere this week.

Been contemplating getting Inscription staff, but I'm keeping my eye on trinket prices first. I still need to make my own trinket, BUT I made a second Scribe so I might be able to spare the scrolls to make a staff too in this month. All depends on teh trinket prices though, cause if they are still high I'm turning my scrolls into cards for big profit. Just have to keep my fingers crossed for the wand then, cause I have an inkling of a feeling that Heart of Fear and beyond will require a better weapon then a blue 463 one >.<

Deleted
    If you like my self from time to time forgets to use GoSer, which would be better than? Sup or sac?

From what I see Sup somehow looks better as you get the stronger pets, with the master demon(something).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvyan View Post
    If you like my self from time to time forgets to use GoSer, which would be better than? Sup or sac?

From what I see Sup somehow looks better as you get the stronger pets, with the master demon(something).
    If you're less than efficient with cooldowns, Supremacy is the way to go with Demo.

Wrathguard sims much higher than Sacrifice for Demo, and not much worse than Service Felguard. If you forget to use Service sometimes, then using Supremacy will be a dps gain for you.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    macro service to dark soul and you shouldnt forget it ever
    #showtooltip
    /cast dark soul
    /cast grimoire: felguard

i think.

however, supremacy is extremely close in dps to service, you just have less control over when your damage is done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    macro service to dark soul and you shouldnt forget it ever
    #showtooltip
    /cast dark soul
    /cast grimoire: felguard

i think.

however, supremacy is extremely close in dps to service, you just have less control over when your damage is done
    Oh I will try out that macro. It might be exactly what I needed.

I were actually worried that I would be flames for a question like that ^^;;

what is the haste soft cap? 10%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    what is the haste soft cap? 10%?
    Simple haste caps

Un-abbreviated haste caps

TY, so simply as a non goblin I'm aiming realistically for 4717 haste right, and if I can't, drop back down to 2300? But since I don't really use hellfire, so I should drop to 1330 if I can't hit 4717?

10+ Year Old Account
    TY, so simply as a non goblin I'm aiming realistically for 4717 haste right, and if I can't, drop back down to 2300? But since I don't really use hellfire, so I should drop to 1330 if I can't hit 4717?
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's not like haste is completely useless if you don't get these caps. Haste is a very useful stat to Demo in caster form to speed up fury generation, and in general to strengthen our dots.

Demo is pretty balanced in its stats, so if you can't get the 4717 cap (which I'm not even sure will be a DPS increase if you have to reforge too much mastery/crit for it; you'd have to sim it to make sure) just leave it as it is.

The guide in the OP has the pre-raid gear set and if you look at it's scale factors you'll see all the stats are pretty much equal. It is likely that if the stats are not balanced against each other well enough (by sacrificing everything to haste for instance) you'd end up with lower DPS cause the scaling changed and now Crit and Mastery "weigh" more per point and will give you more DPS then you gain by going into haste.

TL: DR; Sim your own gear and CHECK that what you are doing is a DPS increase, don't just blindly go for haste caps.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. It's not like haste is completely useless if you don't get these caps. Haste is a very useful stat to Demo in caster form to speed up fury generation, and in general to strengthen our dots.

Demo is pretty balanced in its stats, so if you can't get the 4717 cap (which I'm not even sure will be a DPS increase if you have to reforge too much mastery/crit for it; you'd have to sim it to make sure) just leave it as it is.

The guide in the OP has the pre-raid gear set and if you look at it's scale factors you'll see all the stats are pretty much equal. It is likely that if the stats are not balanced against each other well enough (by sacrificing everything to haste for instance) you'd end up with lower DPS cause the scaling changed and now Crit and Mastery "weigh" more per point and will give you more DPS then you gain by going into haste.

TL: DR; Sim your own gear and CHECK that what you are doing is a DPS increase, don't just blindly go for haste caps.
    what are people using to sim? is rawr still an accurate tool?

So, as someone who constantly forgets Grimoire of Service, would it be better to grab Supremacy or stay with Service? I'll go anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds with Grimoire ready with forgetting it's there. :S

And that link to the haste caps should be added to the front post.

Yes, we shouldn't blindly aim for a haste breakpoint, but we also should know the haste breakpoints in order to figure out our stat weights correctly.

And am I reading the front page right? Crit is better than Mastery now? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    You should macro Service into Dark Soul (unless you have the T14 4-set bonus)
    But Grimoire of Supremacy is perfectly adequate for sustained dps. go ahead and take Supremacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea never used Rawr. I use Simcraft and the armory, though I've been contemplating getting into Chardev to use that to import my gear/gear I want to check

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never known Rawr to be accurate for Warlocks (I think it's ok for some classes). Besides, it's a modeling tool, not a sim; a sim actually runs through the actions, a modeling tool is predictive based on various calculations; it's much much faster, but generally less accurate.

Post deleted.
    Last edited by Rio; 2012-10-20 at 11:39 AM.

I use service imp lined with dark soul.. he does massive dmg compared to service felguard

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 11:47 PM ----------

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44

These are the haste breakpoints