Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quick question, I currently have Relic of Yu'lon and Blossom of Pure Snow, should I look into buying the new Static-Caster's Medallion from Dominance Offensive?

Also compared to Light of Cosmos which ones would be best to use? I'm certain I can't go directly after item level since getting the right stats is even more important?
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-12-06 at 12:52 PM.

The Dominance trinket blows the Blossom out of the water, that I know for sure without sim it.

Deleted
    Heroic Garalon is next in line for me, and I am curious if Demonology is much worse than affliction for that fight. Currently I am playing demonology on basically everything, except on the few cases where affliction will yield a much better result.
    I could see demonology as being a lot worse, but I would like to hear some experienced opinions. Keep in mind that melee got priority on legs in most cases, and therefore any "leg multidot dps whoring" is invalid.

Edit: keep in mind that I am playing really well as demonology whereas I hardly had any experience as affliction, and my gear is based towards demonology.
    I am also only having 1 tier piece.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-12-09 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Heroic Garalon is next in line for me, and I am curious if Demonology is much worse than affliction for that fight. Currently I am playing demonology on basically everything, except on the few cases where affliction will yield a much better result.
    I could see demonology as being a lot worse, but I would like to hear some experienced opinions. Keep in mind that melee got priority on legs in most cases, and therefore any "leg multidot dps whoring" is invalid.

Edit: keep in mind that I am playing really well as demonology whereas I hardly had any experience as affliction, and my gear is based towards demonology.
    Then stick to demo

As someone who recent had to respec to aff to help with the range timer since our healers suck and we had to 7 healer I can tell you that aff is much better than demo. With KJC you can praticaly go with the cleave team to the legs and get the buff and do tons of DPS, also the aff helps alot on execute phase since everyone has to do as much damage as possible. The enrage timers arent that bad if the raid 6 healers like alot of guilds but mine and probably other guilds have to 7heal it and then every DPS counts since with 7healers its tight.

If you dont have aff experience you may end do less damage since demo isnt that bad, but give it a try put aff as your offspec, I didnt bothered to regem but did reforge ofc and pulled a respectable 130k so give aff a try on that boss with KJC aff its great fun on that particular boss
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-12-11 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can be on the cleave team as any warlock spec, and I would say that all three specs are extremely close together during cleave damage. The only fight thus far where demo has been at a noticeable disadvantage is Elegon.

Zinnin,

I´ve begun to watch some videos from your channel and I liked! Very nice! I know you usually go demo (main spec) to raid, but sometimes you choose in your armory affliction spec and sometimes destruction (off spec). My question is when you use destro instead affliction?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    Zinnin,

I´ve begun to watch some videos from your channel and I liked! Very nice! I know you usually go demo (main spec) to raid, but sometimes you choose in your armory affliction spec and sometimes destruction (off spec). My question is when you use destro instead affliction?

Thanks!
    My offspec is kind of just random for what I'm doing outside of raid usually. So far the fights I don't play demo on are: Ambershaper \ destro, Elegon \ affliction. Basically the reason for both of those fights is the AoE range for demo is quite a bit lower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    My offspec is kind of just random for what I'm doing outside of raid usually. So far the fights I don't play demo on are: Ambershaper \ destro, Elegon \ affliction. Basically the reason for both of those fights is the AoE range for demo is quite a bit lower.
    Demo is not really interesting on protectors also, damn you blizzard and your lack of pet consideration in your mechanics !

Deleted
    First of all thanks for your advices about Garalon heroic. Not only did we kill Spirit kings heroic this week, we also killed Garalon and Wind Lord heroic as well

Second of all I was interrested in hearing how some of you are deciding your choice of secondary stats seeing as there can be a great deal of difference between sims depending on the amount of targets you are playing with, and even then sims aren't always reliable.
    Also how does set bonus affects stat values, and how does your secondary spec (destro/aff) affect your gearing decisions? Personally I'd like to try out playing some more destro as secondary spec, but I am thinking that it may not work very well seeing as the two specs are having entirely different stat priorities.

Edit: And I assume all of you are gemming pure int when there's no gain from socket bonus?
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-12-12 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all thanks for your advices about Garalon heroic. Not only did we kill Spirit kings heroic this week, we also killed Garalon and Wind Lord heroic as well

Second of all I was interrested in hearing how some of you are deciding your choice of secondary stats seeing as there can be a great deal of difference between sims depending on the amount of targets you are playing with, and even then sims aren't always reliable.
    Also how does set bonus affects stat values, and how does your secondary spec (destro/aff) affect your gearing decisions? Personally I'd like to try out playing some more destro as secondary spec, but I am thinking that it may not work very well seeing as the two specs are having entirely different stat priorities.

Edit: And I assume all of you are gemming pure int when there's no gain from socket bonus?
    While the stat weightings suggested I go Haste > Crit > Mastery, the reforge plots I ran suggested Haste > Mastery > Crit, and I've been seeing better results since switching to that. Works well for my Affliction off-spec too, but that was never really a consideration since I only use that on progress where I think it will work better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    While the stat weightings suggested I go Haste > Crit > Mastery, the reforge plots I ran suggested Haste > Mastery > Crit, and I've been seeing better results since switching to that. Works well for my Affliction off-spec too, but that was never really a consideration since I only use that on progress where I think it will work better.
    I was doing a lot of different sims on my character yesterday, and I was getting a lot of consistent crit >= mastery > haste results. Keep in mind that I am having 2-set but not 4-set yet.
    I am thinking about trying out different reforge/gemming alternatives tonight on farm content, and see how that works out.

Have I got my reforging right? HELP!!!!

I'm playing Demonology in PVE and am really confused about my stat priority and reforging, I have looked on various sites and simmed myself and am still confused! I have gone for int > hit to 15 % ish > haste to just over 4717 > mastery > crit > haste ... is this right?!! I'm so confused how to get the best out of my Demo Warlock! Any advice is much appreciated!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Sim yourself, however for the most part stat weights secondary stats don't matter. Pretty much this whole time they have all been even for me. They started to change a little bit once I started to stack haste for afflic to the point haste was minorly ahead of crit and mastery (like 1.56 vs. 1.42).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing a lot of different sims on my character yesterday, and I was getting a lot of consistent crit >= mastery > haste results. Keep in mind that I am having 2-set but not 4-set yet.
    I am thinking about trying out different reforge/gemming alternatives tonight on farm content, and see how that works out.
    Look at the actual plots, not just the scale factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    I'm playing Demonology in PVE and am really confused about my stat priority and reforging, I have looked on various sites and simmed myself and am still confused! I have gone for int > hit to 15 % ish > haste to just over 4717 > mastery > crit > haste ... is this right?!! I'm so confused how to get the best out of my Demo Warlock! Any advice is much appreciated!
    Please try to look if there is an approriate thread you can use for your topic next time, in this case the Demo spec sticky.

OT: Demo is in the rather unique position that all secondaries sim about the same value, so what you did won't differ much from any other way of reforging in results. When I had Demo as off spec I simply used my Affliction main spec's reforges, and my DPS was fine, though slightly below my Affliction (as expected).

Deleted
    Don't suppose anyone knows what the addons are these guys use to visually track their dots above the enemy nameplates? I kind of like the more visual display of dot timers on the specific enemy as opposed to screen spam in dot timers. Different addons in each video.

Demo lock pov in a challenge mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRUHVcC06vs

Heroic Wind lord Affliction lock pov: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UxRWW_BQo

Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    Don't suppose anyone knows what the addons are these guys use to visually track their dots above the enemy nameplates? I kind of like the more visual display of dot timers on the specific enemy as opposed to screen spam in dot timers. Different addons in each video.

Demo lock pov in a challenge mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRUHVcC06vs

Heroic Wind lord Affliction lock pov: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UxRWW_BQo

TidyPlates for the first one, looks like the default frame style as well.

For the 2nd I believe that is Tidy Plates reskinned to what looks like a ElVUI edit but I'm unsure about that one.

Switched to affli to help my raid because affli is top atm by a huge amount of dps, but i am hoping by the end of the expac demo is top because i enjoy it more than affli:]. At first i sucked at affli , but all it takes is a few raids of practice and the right gear and you win:]. I am currently using mostly demo gear as affli (haste and crit) and pull higher numbers, so it is weird^-^

Deleted
    Wich one is better talent for Orcs, Grimoire of Supremacy or Service? Some sites say Service is little better and some say they are equal but Orcs get that 2% more pet dmg and i tought Supremacy would be little mbetter since pet is up all the time