Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    from the official GW2-News

An anthem of the enigmatic sylvari, Fear Not This Night is a song of hope sung by the mystical Pale Tree. Asja’s soft yet soaring voice perfectly embodies the noble spirit of the sylvari, and the song is symbolic of your hero’s journey to defend Tyria from the threat of the Elder Dragons.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...now-available/

interesting...

Last edited by Maarius; 2012-08-17 at 11:12 PM.

Mursaat ? Eye of Janthir ?

10+ Year Old Account
    this eye is IMPOSSIBLE to be CGI

it is FAR TOO REALISTIC

it's LIVE ACTION

and I'm not talking about the turtleman

ArenaNET got LIVE ACTION baby! yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi LIVE ACTION!!!

I can't wait, I LOVE ARENANET!

.....oh god AN has turned me into a teenage girl reacting to Bieber -.-

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Deleted
    I read somewhere that the song will play if you complete the personal story

imho it looks like Norn warpaint

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I read somewhere that the song will play if you complete the personal story
    no one other than the developers can know this at this stage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    this eye is IMPOSSIBLE to be CGI

it is FAR TOO REALISTIC

it's LIVE ACTION

and I'm not talking about the turtleman

ArenaNET got LIVE ACTION baby! yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi LIVE ACTION!!!

I can't wait, I LOVE ARENANET!

.....oh god AN has turned me into a teenage girl reacting to Bieber -.-
    Not to be an ass, but i dont think you know what you can do with computers these days that said i also think thats a picture of a real eye, but then again i havent taken a proper look at it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Live action trailer? No thanks.

Hey Basileus I guess you missed out on the stuff Bungie did for Halo 3. I thought it was a trailer for a movie, that's how good it looked.

Yea I like where live action trailers for games are going. Much better at setting mood/creating a short story than most CGIs today.

With CGI it's all about graphics; often at the cost of voice acting or story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    so maybe it's something like this?
    Wow I have never seen that. When it comes to live action "ads" for games, I loved the Assassin's Creed one. Would not mind something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Not to be an ass, but i dont think you know what you can do with computers these days that said i also think thats a picture of a real eye, but then again i havent taken a proper look at it yet.
    CG does some pretty awesome stuff, but I've yet to see a game company invest the money to create CG that accurately displays something as porous as clay or mud and retains a properly matte texture, particularly that close up. Especially so close to something as "slick" and glossy as an eye, never mind the lashes. It reminds me of close ups in skincare and cosmetics and costuming photos.

Not to say CG can't do it, but again, a gaming company being willing to spend that much on such a thing is rather unheard of at the moment.

The baby dancing the macarena from within the eye is clearly fake, and shopped in.

ON topic! A live action cinematic sounds cool to me, and the image would work nicely to that end. The idea that it's someone dragon controlled sounds intriguing, more interesting than a Norn... but live action pretty much makes me not care who's right, and just makes me want to see it. NOW. If they do it well, it'll be awesome. They can do live action in a stylized, artistic way. It doesn't have to be flashy, it doesn't have to be blatantly tongue in cheek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    First thing that came to mind was:

Ok, creepy!!
    Valar morghulis

Can I just ask, why do you think there is going to be any kind of cinematic in the first place? Did they say there will be, if so can you point to the source, i'd like to read.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

If it's a face, it's a face of one of the stone giants on the Easter Island.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn the ice cream commercial made me hungry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    God damn the ice cream commercial made me hungry.
    I may never eat ice cream again O.o
    Valar morghulis

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't stop thinking about that commercial.

Anyways I like my games having cinematics it normally gets me more excited and more into it. I remember wows running through the jungle as a druid made me make a druid first. Should of stuck with the mage and his turning someone into a sheep. I can only think of a few games that didn't have opening cinematics that I loved to play.

I still play europa and crusader kings though would be awesome if they had some sort of opening. For crusader kings throwing a baby off the wall of a castle would be perfect. Seems like the preferred way of killing baby heirs, that and bribing a maid to smother them.

Woodenpotatoes talks about it in his latest gw2 countdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqf7s...ture=g-all-lik

something interesting from a gw2guru-user:

Quote Originally Posted by Veshlaw84
    How can u see some sort of creature there? Its quite obvious that in the picture there is a humanoid swimming to the surface.
    I can clearly see a feet (actually both),part of a red dress flowing in the water and an open left arm

My 2 cents? Eir swimming to the surface after seeing the eye of the dragon opening.(everyone remember the artwork ofc)
    And maybe the eye picture is just eir covered by mud,escaped from the dragon awakeing

Colors are the same,

then we've got the Human(Norn?) eye with (Norn) warpaint... it all really ties into another. The dragon could be Drakkar (the creature which was frozen in Drakkar Lake, in the Norn-Area... which we know has been destroyed by Jormag (the reason why the Norn fled south).

Last edited by Maarius; 2012-08-18 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentess View Post
    Don't get why they wouldn't want to make CGI...
    I still find WoW's intro cinematics beautiful, even the first one.

Maybe it's just me... nah.
    I find that Blizzard form CGI cinematics don't represent that game at all, and in the cases of many games and companies out there seem more intended to distract the potential fanbase rather than inform them of anything. My view has always been show gameplay, rely on the strength of your gameplay, or don't bother. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think its nothing cryptic, just an eye. Maybe, they'll release live-stills in the future; of people cosplaying races/classes. I just have a feeling, that they would want a trailer to show off their unique art syle; maybe blend it with in game action, but not CGI. but I could be wrong like many times before.