Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    While I agree with you that Free Trials may be beneficial, I think what's tainted in people's mind is how usually is to try to convince you that the game is worth it when he is not anymore (meaning it is a little late for that). Which gives them the perception of the "Games only do that when it's bleeding". But that's just my opinion into other people's mind, specially in the MMO market.

Now GW1 has a free trial alright but when I got it (probably around early 2009) I'm not sure I saw a trial at the time. Took long enough for a non-sub game to get it rolling right?

Now yes, Anet will probably do it but I would guess way later. And at some point it will be beneficial, but on a game where the primary reason for the hype is the actual gameplay and how much fun you get from it, considering we are talking about a MMO with no sub fee. I think it's only "natural" that players will take up the risk, I mean I'm pretty damn sure people took bigger risks in gaming history for much less.

And as far as single player demo's go. A established company will not release a demo. Now a new company or a more.. exotic title might give out a demo depending of the strategy but most companies (assuming they fit one of those 2 points I said) WILL wait at least 3 months to give a demo because that's when they make most money from sales. Taking a look at Anet (and NCsoft) and specially the huge success that Gw1 was they do not meet those points. So I think it would take a fair amount of time to get a demo going, with so many hype, marketing strategies and much more to come I think they have long ways away to have a major benefit from a demo, specially with the "involuntary" media out there like gameplay steams and stuff, which might not be the same as playing the game but hell if you don't feel itchy about getting to it. (Hell I own the game and I feel it).

Thats what I think tho
    trial codes were available in the boxed versions of the game that you gave you your friends

even my my proph box i had at least 1
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    If they were hurting for sales, but they're not ;-)
    Thing is that you can get way more sales if there is a free trial or you cant see that. Even if its a little % some people want to try out the game for their machine and gameplay. If it turns out they like it bang there is a sale. I for one am not living in a country with euro currency and I am not going to pay double(no matter if I have the money lying around) in my money so I can test a game to see if its to my liking and my machines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bottom Line: It ain't happening you people will not get to play it for free

you want in on the fun?

buy it

that simple

*goes back to playing*

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

I'm already playing WoW and plan to buy MoP. Why would I spend 40-50€ on a game that might be good, if I can't even try it out first? I'm not going to be playing 2 mmos at the same time really, I just don't have the time. MMO-games take a lot of effort and time.

Deleted
    I can imagine a free trial for lets stay the first 10 levels but that will be at least a few months away from now if it happens.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-08-27 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    I'm personally hoping there IS NO FREE TRIAL until a year has passed

personally am delighted that there was no open beta

so here's hoping my delight will be continued
    Give me one good reason? That has to be the most stupid thing I've ever read. Pathetic is all I have to say for the posts you've made. Don't think you're so much better then the rest that haven't bought the game. Not everyone wanted to jump the fanboy bandwagon.

Trials = people testing the game and perhaps even enjoying it = buying the game.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2012-08-27 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Give me one good reason? That has to be the most stupid thing I've ever read. Pathetic is all I have to say for the posts you've made. Don't think you're so much better then the rest that haven't bought the game. Not everyone wanted to jump the fanboy bandwagon.

Trials = people testing the game and perhaps even enjoying it = buying the game.
    you're dying to play it go for it, why deny yourself

free trial = i want to play for free

keyword: free

GW2 doesn't need freeloaders, it's that good, you want in?

buy it

no free samples, business is booming

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

well i'm waiting for a free trail. because the movement of most game is bad very bad. look at WAR or SWTOR. both wasted my money on just to find out there movement system sucks ass.

Bottom Line: It ain't happening you people will not get to play it for free
    Keep dreaming.

Every game releases trials. Everyone. Sooner or later. Even GW1 did. So its not a matter of "if" its a matter of "When"

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    I can imagine a free trial for lets stay the first 10 levels but that will be at least a few months away from now if it happens.
    Yep, like I said, I'm putting my money in free trials for December. It fits perfectly. Its 4 months after launch, its on Christmas Season, so players who are still hesitant about it can taste the first levels and see if its attractive enough, and lets face it, Christmas is the shopping season. Anyone who already has made up their mind about buying will do so now, or few weeks from now, but those who are still on the fence, will probably need to play the game even a little bit to be convinced. While this can be acomplished with the account of a friend, not everyone has a friend (IRL friend) that plays GW2 (for example I don't)

So yeah, I'm guessing December is the shortest and nearest possible time for a trial. Could be much later, but I doubt its gonna be any sooner than December.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post

You get used to after you read about a dozen of his posts. Seriously, he sounds like the advertiser of a cult. Incredibly disturbing. Seriously, 12 THREADS about praising the game like a Cyber-jesus.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

you're dying to play it go for it, why deny yourself

free trial = i want to play for free

keyword: free

GW2 doesn't need freeloaders, it's that good, you want in?

buy it

no free samples, business is booming
    then i hope for you sir that you never start a business.

they could just make the free trail last 7 days or 24 hours.
    and only works till lvl 5 or 10. and doesn't allow you to leave the starting zone. this reveals very little of the acual game. yet give new players a feel of the game and might even bring them over. and i'm dying to play it. but i'm not spending 50/60 bucks to find out its not my game after a few hours. like i did with WAR/RIFT/SWTOR.

i don't mind spending it on someting i like. but if i don't like it i could just give my money to charity. then atleast of spend on someting good compaire to some crap games that has been releast rrecently

/edit and no i'm not asking for a free trail right away. because atm its not even released yet.
    maybe in a month or 3/4
    Last edited by loki504; 2012-08-27 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do make a trial even if it's very short it'd still give me a chance to play the game and get a feel for it because to be honest from the game play videos I've seen, it doesn't look interesting at all and I know several other guild mates who are in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Lol much faster them that I am already tired of the MoP expansion I feel like I already did all there is too do in the beta and there is no point to do it all again on live...
    Lol that's why I only try betas a little. I'll be playing both games, but I'd like a GW2 trial for some friend that has not decided to buy the game yet, but I think we won't be seeing a trial anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nen View Post
    I'm already playing WoW and plan to buy MoP. Why would I spend 40-50€ on a game that might be good, if I can't even try it out first? I'm not going to be playing 2 mmos at the same time really, I just don't have the time. MMO-games take a lot of effort and time.
    Believe me, GW2 is much better than WoW and you can't possibly lose since there is no monthly fee and you can re-sell it easily since it's so popular at the moment.

Since ANet had to suspend sales due to overwhelming popularity, I highly doubt there will be any free trials in the near future.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Since ANet had to suspend sales due to overwhelming popularity, I highly doubt there will be any free trials in the near future.
    Pretty much hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've said elsewhere: if you're really dying to play the game now, then buy it and play it now. If you're not still not sure if you'd enjoy it or not, after all the information on the internet out there in the form of videos, wikis, developer interviews, customer testimonials, etc etc, then you will have to be patient and wait for the trial.

That's the trade-off you have to make by being cautious. You're either patient, or you're not.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I doubt they will do that. They have already sold out in some countries, plus they had to stop digital sales from their website temporarily due to large volume of sales to avoid service problems. And it is a one time fee, no subscription.
    They know how to milk the cow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    I doubt they will do that. They have already sold out in some countries, plus they had to stop digital sales from their website temporarily due to large volume of sales to avoid service problems. And it is a one time fee, no subscription.
    They might, months down the road, when the initial boom of sales finally peaks off.

I do agree it's weird for a game with no subscription to have a trial, but people have apparently come to expect it. People got spoiled.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They might, months down the road, when the initial boom of sales finally peaks off.

I do agree it's weird for a game with no subscription to have a trial, but people have apparently come to expect it. People got spoiled.
    Its not spoiled - it's that you can't resell it once you've used it and $60 is a significant amount to some people. For games that you can resell, eh. You defray the purchase risk. For games like this you're out the full $60 if you don't like the game.

Necro. We have a more current discussion on this subject in circulation.

-- Fencers