Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Megaman is vile: my theory.

yeah, my theory is that this robot:

becomes this maverick and the original source of the maverick virus.

allow me to explain, as you may know Zero is generally referred to as patient zero of the maverick virus a transmittable virus that more or less is rabies to androids.
    however the thing is Zero was based on Bass who was based on the modified Rock(the original Megaman) but heres the funny thing... Bass went maverick.
    this means that something Dr. Light did caused the maverick virus, and heres the proof it was done to Rock in the original upgrade to combat the robots that Wily had reprogrammed.
    in megaman 7 right at the end after Dr.Wily surrenders Rock arms his buster and aims it as his head and starts charging it.
    until this point it was generally known that Rock was a robot and bound by asimov's laws, which dr. Wily claims in"you forget, Megaman. robots cannot harm humans" to which Megaman responds "I am more then a robot!! die wily!!", had the self destruct of Wily's base and treble and bass saving wily not stopped him Megaman would of murdered him in cold blood.

now what could of caused Rock to be able to break Asimov's laws? how about a program introduced to allow him to adapt to his mission and combat in real-time? see Rock wasn't originally made for combat, he was a robot made to assist Dr.Light in the lab/house.
    but to make him able to stand a chance in combat with robots made for hard labor and actual warfare Light would need to supe him up.
    and he did by adding a program that could copy and adapt to the attacks and powers of his enemies, this is how he gains new abilities with each victory.
    Dr. Light had inadvertently made Rock the singularity, a learning and self-improving machine.
    but heres the thing, what would that program do if by logical reasoning Rock had to fight a human? it would adapt, allowing Rock to override asimov's laws when he saw fit.

that program eventually evolved into the maverick virus inside of Zero, cause remember Zero was a 3rd generation clone of the modified Rock.

now to the other part of this theory: how is Rock=Vile?

Vile is not only immune to both the maverick virus(the one that came from Zero) but also the Sigma virus(the off-shoot born of Sigma's infection) but hes able to turn it on and off at will, the only androids immune to the virus are those already infected... and X.
    Vile was also a long standing maverick hunter before Sigma's declaration of war on humanity, during this time he was always seen as a loose cannon and was one of the veteran hunters.
    the fact that he is able to at will turn make the virus inert is beyond strange, no other android other then Vile and X had this level of immunity, not even Zero and Sigma who both later succumbed to their own strains.
    this shows that on fundamental level of programming, X and Vile are the same.

this could all be coincidence or it could be real.
    seeing as it'll be a long time til we see another Megaman game, let alone one set in the original universe, we could never know.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-08-18 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless there's some time paradox involved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Ii05Ejipc
    Doesn't X fight Vile?

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Unless there's some time paradox involved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Ii05Ejipc
    Doesn't X fight Vile?
    X fights Vile numerous times, Vile is regarded as X's Bass/Protoman.

I'm saying that Rock is Vile, Rock is the original Megaman from the original megaman series.
    which the X series takes place a couple hundred years after.
    my point is over those centuries Rock became Vile.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-08-18 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My apologies, I missed that point then

I haven't played any other Mega man games other than the original NES ones and the X series on the SNES & PSX.
    I may have to give them a go again
    Last edited by Detheavn; 2012-08-18 at 10:02 AM.

My apologies, I missed that point then

I haven't played any other Mega man games other than the original NES ones and the X series on the SNES & PSX.
    I may have to give them a go again
    its ok, it took me years to finally understand the handles for each version of Megaman.
    Rock= the Megaman from the original series.
    X= the Megaman from the Megaman X series, which takes place in the same universe as the original.
    Mega= the Megaman from the legends universe.
    Zero= the Megaman from the Megaman zero games, which also exists in the original universe.
    Hub= the name of the Megaman in the BN.exe games, the name comes from Lan's digitized brother who died due to malformed heart.
    and i still haven't gotten around to checking out the starforce or ZX games.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-08-19 at 03:12 AM.

The boots are the same size.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wilddog73 View Post
    The boots are the same size.
    I think you just busted this case wide open.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    and i still haven't gotten around to checking out the starforce or ZX games.
    Starforce is set in the same universe as Battle Network, a few hundred years later. (it's also a really crappy game)

ZX I think is part of the main continuity and takes place a few hundred years after Zero.

Consider my mind blown.

The fact that Dr. Light sealed X in a capsule for 30 years to continuously test his programming to ensure that X wouldn't turn against humanity (long after he knew he himself would be dead), lends credence to the idea that Dr. Light knew there was something inherently "wrong" with the original Rockman.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a great theory and it makes sense and would be an awesome twist ......but...what about Quint from MegaMan 2 and 5 on the Game Boy and the MegaMan & Bass sequel on the Wonder Swan? I think they were the same character in both games and he was suppose to be classic Rockman from the future, or was that just a lie that Wily comes up with like his fake alien form from MegaMan 2 or the Mr. X persona? I suppose it would make sense if by having the original Rock defeat his future self in 2/5 he manages to avoid that outcome for himself somehow, but then in the Wonder Swan game Quint comes back again from the future (may of been a different name for the character but was suppose to be a future version of Rock and looked exactly like Quint).
    Then again I suppose maybe the Vile theory could be correct and the creators just forgot about the story-lines for the portable games (even though I hear they brought back some of the bosses from them as DLC for MegaMan 10 and I know they have profiles for them in the MegaMan&Bass port on the GBA).

Actually you know what I suppose maybe Quint and the Vile theory could work out together, I just double checked and it said Quint is a MegaMan from the future that Dr. Wily was somehow able to reprogram so that would indicate that Wily would of still had to of been alive to do so. So with that fact either by having Rock defeat his future self and knowing his future fate he was able to avoid it and become Vile, or Quint still exists in the future and later on becomes Vile. Yeah sure lets go with one of those, stupid time travel always mucks things up.
    Also I looked up the Wonder Swan game again and apparently Quint and the character that looks exactly like him in it are different bots.

Speaking of connections between the Classic and X series, wasn't one of the X-Hunters from MegaMan X2 suppose to be Dr. Wily in a robot body? I know he had a different name (cant remember what it was), but it looked a lot like Wily would look if he was a robot and I could swear I remember them saying either in the game or may of been some spin-off manga or anime that they confirmed it was Wily.

Also on the topic of MegaMan time lines, I was always disappointed they made the BattleNetwork series into a separate universe. It would of been a perfect prequel series to the original Classic series, an age where A.I. has advanced yet robotics have not reached the potential yet for true androids. Would of been awesome if they had worked in a younger Dr. Light and Wily (I know hes a villain in BTN series, but I mean as a partner working with Light) and seen the early prototype versions of Rock, Protoman and the original Robot Masters in their earliest forms with the Net Navi's being what would evolve into the artificial intelligence for the future robots.

Same with the Legends games, I personally always thought of them as taking place far in the future after the X series after some world wide armageddon, but I guess the Zero games kill that theory a little bit.

I know it will never happen, but I would love to see Bad-Box-Art MegaMan from Street Fighter X Tekken get his own game set as a prequel to the original series, more of a man then a machine and tons of stupid over the top comical style.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-02-25 at 03:35 PM.

This is really wrong, for 1 Megaman never said that in the Japanese release, and rock and the classic series cast dies in between the classic and x era

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoMighty View Post
    This is really wrong, for 1 Megaman never said that in the Japanese release, and rock and the classic series cast dies in between the classic and x era
    Did you really make an account here just to shoot down a six-year-old theory that almost no one cared about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Did you really make an account here just to shoot down a six-year-old theory that almost no one cared about?
    Yes, apparently so

10+ Year Old Account
    As great as that may seem, Capcom never said what happened to MegaMan when X was in diagnostic mode. That's something Capcom could have fun with, like maybe he's in a robot musuem or just deactivated and was left unrepairable? In that time period maybe humans just had a hatred towards robots and just shut them all down? The idea that Megaman became Vile is cheesy, but not unlike Capcom. Though I wouldn't be against the idea of a MegaMan X game where the maverick virus infects all the old robots and X has to fight them all. Both Dr. Wily and Dr. Light robots. Would be great nostalgia plus a fun game.

Doesn't X fight Vile?
    X is not Megaman.

lemme debunk this theory pretty quick
    a)Capcom SUCKS at translations and the original jp game shows Rock charges the buster to TAUNT Wily and not murder him.

b)the virus was CREATED by Wily Roboenza was the first virus and the strain was modified into the Maverick Virus. The virus is not like an "on and off switch" to Vile while yes he was a loose canon it showed in MHX that he did not go maverick and just joined sigma to show that X was a worthless piece of scrap and on our mainstream timeline he follows orders, in X3 he was dodgy on Doppler but did not overthrow him and in X8 he basically does anything Lumine and Sigma tell him similar to him in X1.

c)if Vile is Rock why didn't he destroy X while he was just a torso? He obviously knows where the lab is afterall he was programmed to be an assistant and if it is some sort of
    "hidden" lab why in the world did Light, such a peace loving man decide to throw X in deep slumber for 30 years which went to 100. Again looking if this theory may be true and light somehow "disabled" Rock why in all of the messages he left for X NOT tell him that his predecessor was rouge.

If you are going to ask me why I debunked such an old theory, it is because this caused a lot of confusion in the MM fandom and as I found the source I HAD TO DEBUNK THIS
    discord:Ω Omega Ω #1218
    Last edited by Omega Zerp; 2019-07-07 at 11:22 AM.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yes, apparently so
    Yes I did, why idk I was bored lol

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Zerp View Post
    If you are going to ask me why I debunked such an old theory, it is because this caused a lot of confusion in the MM fandom and as I found the source I HAD TO DEBUNK THIS
    discord:Ω Omega Ω #1218
    If yous erious thought a 6-year-old thread was the source of this theory, you wasted all that time making an account.

OP hasn't even been on this forum in 4 years...

10+ Year Old Account
    You know ... I 've never put much stock into Megaman story / lore , even playing the games when I was a kid in the 90 's

and I 'm certainly not going to start now.