Deleted

MOP - tailoring, dreamcloth, bags - what to do?

Hey.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to what I should do with all my dreamcloth and if I should start stockpiling some embersilk cloth.

From what I've been able to gather MOP will only bring 1 new bag. It will be a 28 slot epic one that will be extremely costly. There doesn't seem to be a rare one or a common bag in MOP.
    You would think that this would prompt embersilk bags and illusionary bags to increase in price once MOP hits.

So should I save the cloth and hope it will be worth more when MOP rolls around or is it time to unload it while it still has some value?

Hmm that seems weird.
    Thought that by now we would switch to 32-34 slotters at least.
    But yes, if there isn't a new one stockpile away, alto they may just create a new cheaper recipe for the same slots as we have now using just the new cloth.
    Embersilk wil still hold value after MoP release btw, worst case scenario you have to hold on to it for a couple months, eventually the current pool will dry up and people will still need it on alts.
    Even aoe looting wont get lazy people away from stormwind to farm a few stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been saving up cloth and enchanting mats for MoP release. Soon as i have seen the upgrade trainer to get past the cata 'cap' i will be making shit from those old mats to get a few precious skillups and some bags/gear/chants for alts

Besides, from what i have seen those dreamcloth bags hardly sell on my server. This might change with MoP but it depends on what way the price goes.

im not sure, but im stocking in mats to level proffesions when MoP comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Thought that by now we would switch to 32-34 slotters at least.
    Blizzard has said that bag sizes cannot get much bigger. They seem to be sticking to that more or less by making the bigger bags really expensive so very few people have them.

It's all due to server space.

Deleted
    One thing to consider is that you will get points from making dreamcloth and dreamcloth bags when you train your tailoring, I'm aiming to get 10, maybe even 15 points out this way, rather than have to level those first points with MoP mats which you can guarantee will be expensive. So you may want to factor that in as well, the value of the bags may go down - but you may have saved quite a bit more money on getting those points.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been stocking up on orbs and cloth as well as hypnotic dust for the past couple weeks eveytime I see an orb that is lower than 20g I snatch it up right now in my alt bank I have a little over 87 orbs 4 illusionary bags already made 16 dreamcloth and over 1000k bolts of embersilk cloth and 4 or 5 stacks of hypnotic dust so far.

and if your looking to make money you might also see how your embersilk and illusionary bags sell on your server right now and make some cash that way. on my server illusionary is going for 2500g to 5000g and embersilk is going for 450g all day long.
    Last edited by Gino; 2012-08-19 at 12:30 PM.
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    One thing to consider is that you will get points from making dreamcloth and dreamcloth bags when you train your tailoring, I'm aiming to get 10, maybe even 15 points out this way, rather than have to level those first points with MoP mats which you can guarantee will be expensive. So you may want to factor that in as well, the value of the bags may go down - but you may have saved quite a bit more money on getting those points.
    Except that this is not necessary. [Bolt of Windwool Cloth], which you need anyway to level up, will take you up to 535 Tailoring. There is nothing made with Cata cloth to take you higher than 535.