Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Viable means competitive in serious gameplay such as progression raiding or high rated PvP. I think what you're asking is: "Are shockadins more fun now?" The answer being yes, they are probably more fun than ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Makes too much sense to give Paladins another spec. I think they won't do it because people will whine that their class isn't getting a 4th spec. People usually don't mind that Druids got one because having two roles in one spec was wonky anyway.
    They'd need to come up with decent, non-gimicky specs for the other 10 classes before they added any more in. There are some that are easy (like a caster DPS for Paladins, that could have been called an Exorcist if Exo was still spammable), but there are others that would be difficult to come up with. What would a warrior's fourth spec be? It would be a stretch to be a ranged weapons expert, because that's essentially what a Marksman hunter is.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Viable means competitive in serious gameplay such as progression raiding or high rated PvP. I think what you're asking is: "Are shockadins more fun now?" The answer being yes, they are probably more fun than ever.
    thats not what viable means

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    They'd need to come up with decent, non-gimicky specs for the other 10 classes before they added any more in. There are some that are easy (like a caster DPS for Paladins, that could have been called an Exorcist if Exo was still spammable), but there are others that would be difficult to come up with. What would a warrior's fourth spec be? It would be a stretch to be a ranged weapons expert, because that's essentially what a Marksman hunter is.
    some would deffinetly be easier than other classes,
    pet less hunter could be interesting
    tanking warlock
    holy dps priest
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    'Viable' is dependent on what you want to do, so let's not all get hung up on the minutiae, okay?

tanking warlock
    holy dps priest
    Oh, the hunter one could be good. Perhaps a melee spec? One where the 'aspects' become more akin to fighting styles than just passive self-buffs? Then again, that kind of encroaches on the monk's territory of flavor.

A tanking mage could be interesting as well. Another healer would be necessary, I would think, just to make sure we expand on the number of roles relatively evenly.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:22 PM ----------

tanking warlock
    holy dps priest
    In terms of how the word is used by most of the WoW community, yeah that's exactly what it means. Though I agree that the word itself is quite flexible and ambiguous and used differently by some.

Had a little play around against a Level 85 dummy just now. The necessary Shockadin glyphs were used of course, self buffed. Plenty of wasted mastery on my gear so these numbers could be further bumped by avoiding mastery gear and using dps trinkets etc.

- Sustained dps without using any cooldowns is about 20k.
    - Burst dps with Avenging Wrath, Sanctified Wrath and Divine Favour was 40k!
    - Using Seal of Insight for the haste or Seal of Truth for the dot both resulted in pretty much equal dps. The latter requires you to get up to 5 stacks of Censure and then only judgement when the stack is about to fall off to maintain it. Perhaps a theorycrafter might have more to offer on the topic but they looked near identical to me.

====================================

1. Sustained dps will be somewhere between 20-30k dps at 85, including cooldowns. This could be bumped higher through the use of spell dps trinkets and less mastery.
    2. The burst damage is VERY powerful. Holy Paladins could make a very meaningful contributions on fights like heroic Spine right now. An on use trinket plus cooldowns and your dps could very much make the difference.
    3. While the damage output is much more viable than ever, and we can sustain it for longer, mana will not hold for the duration of a boss fight of raid length. I found I could oom myself in about 2 minutes.
    4. Using Seal of Insight or Seal of Truth with Judgement to maintain 5 stacks of Censure are both about equal in damage. Seal of Truth will win in any heavy movement situation due to Judgement use and the Censure dot.
    Last edited by Pasture; 2012-08-30 at 11:06 PM.

Holy paladins are extremely unbalanced in low level pvp at the moment. In the level 10 bracket they were 1 shotting heirloom geared. Even now at lvl 30 holy shock crits for 2k.