Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    That could be cool. I'd like to see them work similar to the current elementalist in terms of mechanics but more melee orientated.

IE, Give them elements to swap between.

Weapons: 1h Sword, 1h Mace + Shield, 2h Sword, 2h Mace

Elements: Fire, Earth, Cold, Lightning

Similar to the Elementalist only allow use of 1 weaponset at a time, since they have the 4 elements at their disposal.

Alternatively, put a different spin on the Elementalist model and allow weapon swaps, but limit elements. So maybe they only have access to Earth and Fire, but they can also combat-swap between their 2h Sword and their 1h Sword. The result is they still have 16 skills available, but they're more weapon-based than element based.
    naw, as the guy below you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post
    May as well just say give elementalists more melee weapons. No sense in making another exactly the same class simply with only weapon differences.
    Precisely.

My take on a Battle-Mage would be a mage that rather than being capable of using all 4 elements, chooses to specialize in just 1, in exchange to also specialize in heavy armor and melee weapons.

A Mage-Knight would have few ranged spells, and most of the time would just slice and dice the enemies with melee weapons, while having some magical proficiency. For example, being capable of imbuing your weapon to deal arcane damage, capable of polymorphing enemies into critters, teleporting short distances, creating force-fields to dampen damage, ect.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    some sort of druid would be nice, monk would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    some sort of druid would be nice, monk would be cool too.
    AJA! you nailed it.

A SHAPESHIFTER CLASS.

Doesn't necesarily has to be a druid, rather a class that instead of having a skillset based on weapons, has a skillset based on the different shapeshift they take. You unlock new shapeshifts by defeating X number of enemies of that type. Defeat enough centaurs and you have a centaur form, defeat enough Goblins and you have a goblin form, defeat enough Cougars and you get to be one too. Ect ect.

They'd equip weapons only as stat-sticks, and all their skills would depend on the number of enemies defeated, you can have only 4 transformations equipped at any given time, but there's a near endless supply of different ones you can use.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Touch ranger. That or the ritualist.

Deleted
    I'd have liked to see Dervish but their magic is based on human gods so only humans could be dervishes, really.

Let's ignore the fact that multiple non-human enemies in GW1 were Dervishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Some sort of monk/martial art type of class.

Weapons; staff, dagger, torch, hammer, shortbow, fist [new weapon type] and whip [new weapon type].

Classic mechanics: fighting stance, mantras, symbols and auras.
    Never in my life have I ever heard of a Monk using a whip.

Also, you've been playing too much Diablo 3.
    Last edited by xxf2dxx; 2012-08-18 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

I would love some kind of Shapeshifter as well. What Derah said is a really neat idea

Ritualist. Best profession in GW1 alongside Necromancer.
    The Chronomancer/Summoner from Utopia could be really cool too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    A SHAPESHIFTER CLASS.

Doesn't necesarily has to be a druid, rather a class that instead of having a skillset based on weapons, has a skillset based on the different shapeshift they take. You unlock new shapeshifts by defeating X number of enemies of that type. Defeat enough centaurs and you have a centaur form, defeat enough Goblins and you have a goblin form, defeat enough Cougars and you get to be one too. Ect ect.
    That sounds far too bloated to work. Imagine all the skills and abilities they'd need to balance for each and every enemy. I'd prefer if they did a shapeshifter if it was more like you can have 3 "creature" transforms (that are pre-set) but not just animal forms plus your normal human form (which you can only equip a staff in). Maybe as a utility they could give you the ability to temporarily steal an enemy player's form + associated weapon skills.

That's more viable IMO than having like 200 possible forms and god knows how many different combos of 4.

Regarding your Magic-Warrior idea, if you give it 1 element (whatever that is, arcane? afaik there are only the base 4 in the lore) and normal weapon swapping it's got the problem of being too similar to existing classes, same as my idea. Guardians already do the whole "heavy armour + weapons + minor magic" thing.

You also have to remember there are only 5 attack slots, so if you have 1 element and 2 weaponsets, that's 10 buttons for offensive and defensive moves, and I think you'd get too much similarity to Guardians (Imbuing with arcane, imbuing with holy-fire. Creating arcane wards, creating holy wards). Magic-based classes need more than 1 element so you can have that variety and avoid them being a different flavour Guardian. (ie, earth vs fire; earth is more defensive or hindering, fire is all out damage regardless of your weapon type).

With regards to my Spellsword idea, you couldn't just give Elementalists melee abilities because their toolkit doesn't support it; they're too fragile as light armoured characters and since they have 20 perfectly good mid-long range weapon/element combos, using the melee options would be sub-par.

To have a magic-warrior, you need more than 1 element and probably dual-weapon capability for it to work and not be a Guardian or Elementalist copy.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2012-08-18 at 11:54 PM.

Chronomancer as the third heavy armored profession!

I'd rather see new weapons and new weapon sets for current classes over brand new classes. If they do make new classes I wouldn't mind something like a Performer class that uses skills like a jester, bard, or dancer. Another that could work, that I don't like, would be Dragonknight, but it would be pretty cliche with dragonslaying being the main focus of the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Never in my life have I ever heard of a Monk using a whip.

Also, you've been playing too much Diablo 3.

Mantras, auras and symbols were part of Guild Wars 1 too.

Playing GW1 a non-Healer Mage type Monk for GW2 would be odd. Paragon was my main but a class like a Paragon and Dervish that focus on a single weapon type would be hard to bring back. The Guardian is supposed to be the hybrid of the Monk and Paragon anyway, and main hand Sword Mesmer felt like the Dervish. I think they could really pull off Ritualist. With a weapon selection much like Elementalist with the ability (like Elementalist) to heal, buff / debuff, and focus on summoning stationary pets. I have been told Engineer is the GW2 replacement for Ritualist so perhaps it would get too crowded with both.
    If I had to think of a class from scratch my OCD would lean towards a third heavy armor class to even it out. I would say something along the lines of a GW1 Paragon under the terms of using a ranged weapon but wearing the best armor, and using bows and staffs as their main gimmick. Having an ability setup that would allow them to keep using their bow or staff even when the enemy got in close. Like one of the abilities with the staff would resemble a butt stroke to the head so we could see some staff melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It was a concept for GW Utopia. Beyond the name and some art:

We don't have anything. Mesmers in GW2 seem to have a bit of "time mage" type vibes to them, so chronomancer might not be a possibility.
    Mesmer outside the elite skill time warp has no time vibe to it at all.

It's more of a ritualist vibe but that is even pushing it.

I personally want devirsh to make a comeback but its unlikely, my main hype is for ritualist since its quite possible. Mesmer only has little similarities with the ritualist.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-19 at 01:05 AM.

I'd love to see a magic caster with pets....this based on one of my fav classes from the ftp perfect world "werefox".. essentially a caster class but could tame pets and have the ability to have pet tank and you would heal....only other game i know of with similar class is aion with the spiritmaster...something like this would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Chronomancer.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added this actually. They have a lot of it thought it from the scrapped GW1 expansion. Time mage, sounds fun to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a magic user able to use pistols other than Mesmer.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Shapeshifters wouldn't work. GW2 is partially about looking cool with different gear. It'd only work if when you shapeshift, you retain your gear. Like a bear or lion in complete armor and using their weapons.

I feel like Arenanet would go more outside the box...like...Dragoon. /missesfinalfantasy...I would name mine Kain Highwind.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-19 at 04:02 AM.

Really want to see Ritualist in there. Spirits are awesome

Deleted
    Dragoon sounds awesome I always liked dragoons in final fantasy and stuff, but making them distinct from warriors to be their own class is difficult.