Multiboxing in GW2?

Any info if multiboxing will be allowed in gw2? Was it allowed in gw1?

Hopefully it won't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    No /follow function.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    Any info if multiboxing will be allowed in gw2? Was it allowed in gw1?
    How can multiboxing -not- be allowed?

The gaming company has no power over customers to prohibit multiboxing, and they have no incentives to do so.

@Ashnazg lol?what stone did you just wake up from?
    They have the power and CAN make it so the player can't multi-box IF THEY CHOSE TO. Many companies have chosen not to.
    but It was not allowed in guild wars 1. and I do belive they will stick with that in guild wars 2. plus it is really hard to actully multi-box in Guild wars 2. considering you got to AIM abilitys.

Deleted
    Good sir, there has already been a discussion of this

I'd suggest keeping it to one thread before Fencers comes in and beats everyone over the head for making a new one.

there has already been a VERY extensive thread on this subject.

edit: nm, the guy above me already said that. And lawl about the Fencers comment...too true.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-18 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    They have the power and CAN make it so the player can't multi-box IF THEY CHOSE TO. Many companies have chosen not to.
    but It was not allowed in guild wars 1. and I do belive they will stick with that in guild wars 2. plus it is really hard to actully multi-box in Guild wars 2. considering you got to AIM abilitys.
    I don't know about GW1, but there are no more or less famous MMOs that I am aware of that prohibit multiboxing simply because they cannot.

They can't stop people from buying several accounts and logging from the same IP - to do so would be beyond dumb and cause more problems that it solves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    There was nothing explicitly forbidding multiboxing in GW1, they just didnt make it as easy to do as some other games such as wow. There was a block that prevented you from launching 2 instances of the GW1 client on a single computer but there were work around for that. I made use of a second account when I went to farm for luxon armor. Just had the second account follow me around as I power vanquished areas, every time I moved on I'd hit space on that window so it would try and follow till I stoped. Doubled the faction gained per vanqusish so I could buy the shards in half the time.
    Last edited by Merendel; 2012-08-19 at 12:58 AM.

Who is John Galt?

Sorry for creating another thread, I was a bit drunk yesterday and ofc didn't think about this possibility, you can close my thread if you like. And thanks to guys who replied, some info was very helpful.