Thread: Ret on RBGs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just like the majority of BASELINE 8 second, 1.5sec casted, magic dispellable cc's have NO cooldown. But yeah, Paladins can't have that, think of the balance it would cause!

Ret will be viable with more fluid HP generation, a lot of people also underestimate rets healing on offense and with no wot cd it will be even better to have a ret on offense for off heals

Honestly im going prot again, did it s9 when there was no wog cd and it was op, with the hp regen and no wog cd+hotr wave with seal of insight on, im thinking there will be some op healing going on, or generate ur holy power fast enough and spam sotr for a constant 30% damage debuff?
    Last edited by Sluggo; 2012-08-23 at 04:46 PM.

the problem is all the stuff you listed a holy paladin has, unfortunately ret has been and will continue to be very underused in rbgs, having a ret alt i was hoping to not be forced into holy alas...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeequ View Post
    Rets will be better for RBGs than they are now. AoE 20% magical reduction And silence immunity could be wanted in a group.
    The whole, "bring the player not the class" doesn't apply to RBGs. You could be the best Ret Pally in the world, but people still want the class over the player. Or in this case, the spec over the player. Unless Ret has something unique that Holy doesn't, people will want you Holy. Only because healers are hard to find. With the new expansion coming, it'll be even harder. People who have played tank or healer usually find this a good opportune time to go dps. My guild leader is a awesome resto Shaman, but he's been crying about going Enhancement, and he will in MOP.

It sucks for me cause both my specs are Ret. So if anyone asks me what my offspec is, I say Ret, just like my main spec. One for PvP and one for PvE. In MoP it makes no sense to do this and I'll have to choose prot or holy for offspec. Prot because raids don't need tanks that often and if I'm going to be doing something I hate, I'd rather be a tank.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2012-08-23 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    True, it can still be dispelable. Divine Shield too. Plus wings got a 3 mins CD now.

I think we are less bursty too, with spread cds, more ranged, decent wog. Faster swings make the game harder too.

Retribution for life.
    avenging Wrath cannot be spell stolen in MoP, the rest is the same pretty much, all hands, sacred shield and any other buff can and will be mass dispelled, purged or spell stolen.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    No you will be no more wanted in MoP RBG's then you are now, Get Necrotic Strike, Chains or Ice, Death Grip or Smoke Bomb and then we can talk. As long as Casters maintain an advantage Ret will be the last man in and first man out.
    I agree on the casters still training Ret, even with "Burden of Guilt", it is exceedingly difficult to still hit a frost/fire mage with all the constant passive snares, and cast snares with every single ability pretty much that they cast, arcane has been less of an issue for me on PTR.
    Now I can't talk for level 90 play, and so maybe it scales a tad better to be balanced, but 85 PTR, frost mages are still able to fully stunlock us and silence for a 10 second burst kill, after they performed it 20-30 seconds earlier to use all our massively long CDs like Divine shield.
    This is open field play btw, not LoS, but let's face it, most combat takes place in open field, so it's relevant.

What Blizzard needs to do, if they are that uncreative in game design, and insist on adding more and more layers of cc, snares, silences and leave offensive dispelling the way it is (and nerf defensive dispelling to the GROUND BABY!), is reduce moving castable ability damage and instant cast damage. There is no way a frost mage, fire mage, warlock, shadow preist or any caster should be able to double fear + silence and burst someone down in that time, it is faceroll.
    If you get the control, you lose dps to balance it out, that's the way it works. It's like a healing spec being able to dps as good as a dps class (holy pallies atm anyone?), it's BS.

And I see on Simcraft, that mages, locks, fury warriors and feral druids (*eyerolls*, that throws the hybrid excuse out the window most people use) are 10-12% more damage than the next middle tier of specs around i.e. rogues, DKs, monk, shaman, then 17% more than Ret, hunters, boomkin.
    Just totally unacceptable if that goes out like that.
    I don;t care what anyone says, the maximum difference between specs dps wise, i.e. Pure dps with so much cc/control vs a hybrid like Ret should be 5%, I think that's fair. Because heals are easily interrupted. Healing should be viewed as a class "utility" difference as opposed to cc/control on tap. CC/control on tap will always beat heals, always.
    Arena success from class such as mage, rogue, lock consistently is testiment to this fact. Preist up there as well with short CD fears and very good cheap offensive/defensive dispelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeequ View Post
    Rets will be better for RBGs than they are now. AoE 20% magical reduction And silence immunity could be wanted in a group.
    Holy and Prot can do that, too. You wouldn't want a ret for that exclusively.

I am pretty sure that Rets will have a harder time to find a RBG spot than the other classes. Except for offensive Warriors maybe. Their lameass banners might increase their chances, though. Don't get me wrong, I love Warriors. My second main (._.) has been arms for 6 years now. But Warriors (arms) didn't really change much at all.

PvP balance in RBGs will still be absolutely not existant. Some classes are a must have, while others don't bring anything special. And Ret, since it's the only dps spec of the paladin, has to bring something.. Something only Ret can do so that the RBG leader might want a Ret every now and then depending on the group's playstyle.

Utility is completely imbalanced in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Just like the majority of BASELINE 8 second, 1.5sec casted, magic dispellable cc's have NO cooldown. But yeah, Paladins can't have that, think of the balance it would cause!
    !!!!!!
    Last edited by JayJay09; 2012-08-24 at 09:26 AM.