Ancient Murdantix Spawn

I hit 50 about 2 weeks ago and have been gearing through dungeons, raid rifts, whatever hoping to get into a real raid. Two nights ago I saw some chatter in /6 where someone was asking about a mount that drops in HK. He was told that it actually drops in the chronical for HK. I had not done any chronicals up to that point (except that one we all do). But hell, the allure of a new rare mount was too much. So, that night I try it. I found soloing it to be easy - no mount drop. I enjoyed the chronical so much I tried one of the other ones too - the hedge maze looking one. That one I got stuck on one of the bosses, she and two of her minions turn into werewolves. Back to HK, so last night was my second run through - and like the second or third golem dropped the mount! I saw purple and a long name and did a double take and sure enough it was this mount. I'm used to WoW rareties for mounts, is this mount not rare - like everyone gets one that farms this place for a week? Or is it rare?
    After doing some research it also seems like the only "drop" mount in the game. As I stated at the start I am new to rift and just wondering what some seasoned players have to say about this mount and it's rarity.
    Not that I would sell it, but I was suprised to see it sellable and was also wondering if you guys could say what a good sell price for it might be?
    Last edited by slime; 2012-08-19 at 02:00 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually see it going for about 1000 plat

Quote Originally Posted by Ofoz View Post
    I usually see it going for about 1000 plat
    I haven't played rift in a long time, is 1000 plat a lot of money?

In my opinion I would sell the mount, it looks horrible in my eyes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    I haven't played rift in a long time, is 1000 plat a lot of money?

In my opinion I would sell the mount, it looks horrible in my eyes.
    That all depends on what you want to buy. There are nice items on the AH ranging from 4500 to 100 plat.

Still haven't gotten one on my main character. Got the mount on the PTS [wtf?] and on a mage alt I rarely play. Big deal.

Pretty much hate RNG to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    SNIP
    Big grats, and may I add.... Lucky BEEP

Been aiming for it for ages.

Thank you for the replies. You'd never tell by the picture in the icon what this mount actually looks like... lol. @ antipathy - i gotta say RIFT might just like me, because I played wow for years and I was THAT guy who could never win the roll on the rare mount - and would have to farm a dungeon hundreds of times for the rare drop. I was researching more on mounts in RIFT - I think I'm gonna try for the rare IA mounts - but from my research I have people saying 1,000 IAs and they never saw anyone get one. I can't stress enough how awesome RIFT is - and I think I'm only just getting into it.

Deleted
    I've got 3 so far, and bought one on my other character for 100 plat. I'd not pay more tbh, it's not that rare.

Incidentally on that boss I gsb chronicle, interrupt the adds casts, nuke the adds down, then nuke boss but make sure you kill the adds ASAP that spawn. If a rogue, use them to get hp back from rift scavenger.

I've been trying to get the mount for months.

Sigh.

Only thing I've gotten was the rare spawn, that machine guy near murdantix.