Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Norn males are girly-men?

I'm just wondering if this is something to expect as far as a Norn Warrior (and maybe Guardian) have to deal with on an aesthetic level.

I'm talking about the legs and how they seem to be...much smaller than the rest of the body. I used one of the preset physical builds so I didn't tamper with any features and it seemed fine from the character creation screen but this is just a little weird. I can't even imagine how he can support his own body let alone the layers of chainmail thrown on top.

Is this something I can expect to 'go away' when I have access to better gear or will I be hearing Arnold Schwarzenegger in my head the whole time?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2012-08-19 at 02:29 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Norn aren't men.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    So two people didn't read beyond the title.

His forearms are bigger than his little chicken thighs!
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2012-08-19 at 02:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't compare him to a human and it'll stop being a problem. He's norn so his proportions will look off.

Now, if you take a human female and compare with a real human... that's where I have a problem XD

Well, someone has been playing with sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    So two people didn't read beyond the title.

His forearms are bigger than his little chicken thighs!
    Um, yeah I did read your post. And yeah, Norn aren't men. Different race and all of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I guess using a movie quote isn't the best method to ask a question or thought it would create such an uproar.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2012-08-19 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think his legs are that small, the shoulders and gloves make the upper body look bigger than it actually is; but the skinniest body option for the Norn is probably the worst proportion wise, but not by much.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account

arnold had reasonable to perfect body proportion otherwise he would not have won mr. universe
    just putting that out there lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

Ill make a Norn and name him Johny Bravo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Ill make a Norn and name him Johny Bravo.

will be awsome name for norns

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just wondering if this is something to expect as far as a Norn Warrior (and maybe Guardian) have to deal with on an aesthetic level.

I'm talking about the legs and how they seem to be...much smaller than the rest of the body. I used one of the preset physical builds so I didn't tamper with any features and it seemed fine from the character creation screen but this is just a little weird. I can't even imagine how he can support his own body let alone the layers of chainmail thrown on top.

Is this something I can expect to 'go away' when I have access to better gear or will I be hearing Arnold Schwarzenegger in my head the whole time?
    You need to pick a better body build. =\
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post

will be awsome name for norns
    Aviator sunglasses are a must.

Even if the Norns legs look small compared to their body, which mine didn't at all because its all about how you customized them, their one leg is about half the width of a Human or Sylvari and total width of an Asura. They're very big in game.

If I could take off a glove and slap the OP with it, I would. How dare you mock the Norn! :P
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-19 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Even if the Norns legs look small compared to their body, which mine didn't at all because its all about how you customized them, their one leg is about half the width of a Human or Sylvari and total width of an Asura. They're very big in game.

If I could take off a glove and slap the OP with it, I would. How dare you mock the Norn! :P
    Still though :P Seeing Johnny Bravo at a dynamic event would make my day.

Sorry, I guess using a movie quote isn't the best method to ask a question or thought it would create such an uproar.
    No one created a uproar, they stated or said a few things and went on the defensive. But yes, not all their legs are like that and Norm's are not just 'big humans' though, their proportions are not exactly on scale with humans with an exact ratio either.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Never anger a Norn!