Leveling with a friend

Hi, Me and my friend both have pre-purchased guild wars 2 to level together on release. However, we want to level different races. Me wanting to level a human, and he a sylvari or charr. Will there be any way for us to level together from start, or will we both have to "finish" our starting zone and then later get together?

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Once you finish the intro tutorial (which takes no more than 5 min) you two can meet up and level together.

Edit: Here's a link to an interactive GW2 map (incomplete)

http://gw2cartographers.com/

This might help to get a look at before launch too. Also, as a tip, google is an amazing thing; and so is the GW2 wiki.
    Last edited by theredviola; 2012-08-19 at 03:41 PM.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

After tutorial which ends at lvl 2, you can level together with your friend all the way to 80.

You can go to your friend's starting zone if you'd like or your friend can go to your starting zone. Just need to finish the tutorial, then take an asura gate to the right location.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can totally level up with your friend. Just have to choose whose area you want to level in, human or sylvari/charr. Once you decide, say you want to try out human together, your sylvari/charr friend will enter their home city and then look for the asura gate to Lion's Arch (another city).Once you portal to Lion's Arch you enter an area with a bunch of other Asura portals to the other cities. Go to the human city of Divinity's Reach portal and then head south out of the human city to reach the human starter area.

^Asuran Gates that you see after taking portal from a home city to Lion's Arch

The only thing you have to complete before playing together is a tutorial scene that takes about 5-10 mins to complete. This tutorial gives you an offhand weapon and a bag with some coin. Once this is complete just follow directions above. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "You were saved by Dwayna!" "...but Dwayna's not even my pa--" "Shut up, go help people"

You can also help eachother in your personal story missions. Just make sure he is in your party when entering one.

To add to Cig's post the alternitive rout to link up is to open your hero panle (H) click on the PVP tab and "enter the mists". Once there you have easy access to a portal directly to Lions arch and the home city portals. This can sometimes be easier than locateing where the portal is in your home city depending on which city you are in. If its your first time you'll land in the PVP tutorial area, just run strait accross and through the portal to reach the main lobby with the LA portal.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Once you finish the intro tutorial (which takes no more than 5 min) you two can meet up and level together.

Edit: Here's a link to an interactive GW2 map (incomplete)

http://gw2cartographers.com/

This might help to get a look at before launch too. Also, as a tip, google is an amazing thing; and so is the GW2 wiki.
    thanks for this map! I will have this on my brothers pc next to me while I am playing to guide me :P awesome!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    yeah it so sweet they thought of making an easy way to get to your friends! However keep in mind that you also have your main story to keep track off