Deleted

Karma gear, tier and how much?

I was thinking about this today when I talked to my friend about gw2.

You can get Karma gear, but as you know it costs different. I played as asura and was looking for all 3 tier NPcs, tier 1,2 and 3.
    My first question is: What level is the 1st tier, 2nd and 3rd?
    Are they any better than gear from questing and crafting?
    Do you get more karma from events further up in levels? I recall some piece that cost 50.000 karma and I think that was tier 1 for level 60. That means you have to get more karma depending on your level and zone, doesn't it? Else what's the point of buying karma gear before level 80? (you just save them up to 80 and buy that tier)

Cheers

Deleted
    I think first tier is 35 - I know that tier 2 is level 60 and tier 3 is level 80.

Not entirely sure about the cost of karma gear though, I know (racial) tier 2 and tier 3 costs 10 and 20 gold respectively.

My first question is: What level is the 1st tier, 2nd and 3rd?
    I think it was level 50 or 60 when that stuff became available.

Are they any better than gear from questing and crafting?
    If the pattern of lower level gear holds true [and it does] all gear of the same level & quality range is roughly equal. Simply different stat kits.

Do you get more karma from events further up in levels?
    Yes. Though the DEs seem to scale slightly higher than the Heart payout as you get into the Bisbane/Gendarranwhatever level range.

I recall some piece that cost 50.000 karma and I think that was tier 1 for level 60. That means you have to get more karma depending on your level and zone, doesn't it?
    Seems that way. But I did notice the price dropped quite a bit form one beta to the next. So it may have been that the pricing was not yet finalized. Dungeon sets also went down in price a bit.

I wasn't too concerned at the time so didn't bother to figure out exact figures. Beta & such.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Abella

crafting materials seem very cheap to get..maybe its cheaper to buy materials you miss and craft gear for your level. You can craft rare and exotic gear so it will be the same if no better quality than direct karma gear. Except if you like the skin. At any time you have 3-4 different ways to gear, the only reason to chose one over other is for the skin.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.